It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would The Founding Fathers Do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I would like to ask everyone what they think our founding fathers would do in our dilemma of today’s government rule. With all the things going on before our very own eyes, it’s obvious and New World Order or police state will happen giving the chance. Are we run by tyrants? I’m sure everyone will say yes. If the majority of US citizens feel that those who run the government are tyrants and enemies of the constitution, are we not obligated to do something? If nothing is done now, I fear for what will happen within the next year. They are destroying the constitution and taking away our liberties and our way to arm ourselves. Bush senior said the NWO will happen! You do know who is in office today don't you? Why it’s Bush's son! They are pushing to amend the constitution to put Arnold in office, why would anyone want this? A foreigner let alone another Nazi for Americas Commander and Chief. There are so many corruptions to name. Would our founding father revolt? Rebel? What will you as an American citizen do? I am not saying this to be anarchist or because I don’t like the president. I am writing this thread because it is TOO obvious what is happening to our country.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by AMANNAMEDQUEST]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
1. They'd probably assess the situation.

2. They'd probably be appalled at the state of our situation now.

3. They'd probably be dissapointed and maybe even offended that the
"freedom and liberty for all" rule no longer really applies.

4. They'd make speeches and gather civilian militias and make sure they
were heavily armed.

5. They'd maybe have said militias march on Washington D.C. demanding
that U.S. citizens and America be restored to everything it was
originally intended to be.

6. They'd probably use violence if necessary.

7. Then our founding fathers would be arrested. pronounced "terrorists"
thown into the deepest, darkest jail cells ever, and perhaps tortured
for "information".

[edit on 4-1-2007 by elaine]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I doubt our past leaders would have been so foolish as to instigate an armed rebellion when it so obviously doesn't have popular support and a chance of winning. As bad as things seem, they really haven't been much better in America; I see the real (usually unintentional) evil as the super-federalists who bloat the federal government which is now inherently ignorant of rights. They're trying to do the right thing, I believe, but by creating more and more central programs and federal powers responsible for the entire nation.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I doubt our past leaders would have been so foolish as to instigate an armed rebellion when it so obviously doesn't have popular support and a chance of winning.

Are you kidding? No popular support nor a chance of winning? It's almost the first time that the majority of people don't trust nor the democrats nor the republicans, people are much more wake up than anytime since the last revolution. America is due for a revolution, like Jefferson said, we must do a revolution every 100 years to keep the government in line.

As Iron Maiden are singing in one of their song:

Is it right to believe
In the need to be free

Ancestors could hear
What is happening now
They would turn in their graves
They would all be ashamed
That the land of the free
Has been written in chains
And I know what I want

And I swear to defend
And well fight to the end
And I swear that Ill never
Be taken alive
And I know that well stand
And well fight for our land
And I swear that my bairns will be born free

No, no we cant let them take anymore
No we cant let them take anymore
Weve the land of the free
Freedom

FREEDOM. You can't bargain on that.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I assure you that there will be no armed rebellion

WE ARE TOO SOFT!

Roper

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
I doubt our past leaders would have been so foolish as to instigate an armed rebellion when it so obviously doesn't have popular support and a chance of winning. As bad as things seem, they really haven't been much better in America; I see the real (usually unintentional) evil as the super-federalists who bloat the federal government which is now inherently ignorant of rights. They're trying to do the right thing, I believe, but by creating more and more central programs and federal powers responsible for the entire nation.

Exactly right imho. This subject reminds me of Reagan's quote:

"The federal government has taken too much tax money from the people, too much authority from the states, and too much liberty with the Constitution."

As interesting (and disturbing) a NWO theory is, I don't give our government, let alone an assembly of world leaders, any credit for orchestrating such a grand plan. I'm relieved if I get my mail delivered. They're lazy and incompetent but generally well-intentioned.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Political Veto]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I like how many people will not give the powers to be any credit for 9/11 or anything else. That’s what they want you to believe. The military industrial complex couldn't pull it off? Come on you really believe that. These people in office are slick and shady and got you right where they want you.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I don't rule anything out when it comes to conspiracies. As with anything that is unproved, I simply infer based on the body of evidence and causal power of that evidence.

I used to believe there was more evidence for a conspiracy for the JFK assissination until I read A Simple Act of Murder by Mark Furman recently. Can I rule out the grassy knoll, no. But the most simple explanation is the most likely imho.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
jfk was murdered because he was trying to dis connect the us economy from the fed follow the money that is the simplist clue

we cannot stand up to this threat with guns blazing that is suicidal we need to DELAY them

why? they will never be permenantly stopped all at once, like in some showdown, they are oragnized and they plan things and some of them are really really smart but they are OUTNUMBERED and as long as they keep putting on this dog and pony show we have a shot.

henry cabot lodge delayed there progress as did alexendar 1 ,

we need to find a way to figure out who has to be infuenced and some way that a legislatiure that the nwo is trying to pass, so we can delay the NWO and send them back to the drawing board like henry cabot lodge and alexander 1 did. theyre will probably have to be some coordination between people in the financial institutes the militiary and the gov't that can halt there progress THIS IS THE ONLY SHOT delay there progress and send them back to the drawing board, it has been done twice before and it can be done again

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
They would my Friend, be quite simply in one word; DISGUSTED !
Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Our founding fathers would use any and all force available to take their country back.

Not everyone in the colonies were with them; some were loyal to the crown.

Most everyone stayed though after freedom was won.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   

would like to ask everyone what they think our founding fathers would do in our dilemma of today’s government rule.

They would die fighting their oppressors.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
If the majority of US citizens feel that those who run the government are tyrants and enemies of the constitution, are we not obligated to do something?
[edit on 4-1-2007 by AMANNAMEDQUEST]

See, this is a big part of the problem...not enough Americans believe as we do. To them, we are largely a group of conspiracy theorist nuts.

I had a police officer on another forum tell me he hates all conspiracy theorists. He is unable to wrap his small brain around the truth, and so he very predictably lashes out against ideas he doesn't understand.

What will happen to all of us in the future is unavoidable, we should really stop trying to fight it...it will happen and it will eventually be defeated, many years after North America has been unionized and a few more govt. sponsored terror attacks have been carried out on American soil.

It's the fight between good and evil...you and I can't stop it...we can only play our parts.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Eliane, good one. Seriously! I think you nailed it.
But seriously, I think our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves.
If they were still alive and around operating I'd hope it wouldn't be anything like the Bush Dynasty. I can't see that at all, read your history books.......something they need to make Bush do more often.

top topics

join