It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Metallic Object Baffles NJ Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
A mysterious metallic object that fell from the sky then crashed through the roof of a New Jersey home, entered a bathroom and damaged tiles on the the walls has police in Eastern NJ baffled. The object is about the size of a golf ball yet weighs about what a can of soup would and shows no sign of radioactivity. Federal Authorities that were sent to the scene say it is positively not from an aircraft. Police Lt. Robert Brightman said he hoped to have the object identified within 72 hours, yet declined to name the other agencies that will participate in its identification. Fortunately no one in the home was injured.

www.cnn.com
Authorities were trying to identify a mysterious metallic object that crashed through the roof of a house in eastern New Jersey.

Nobody was injured when the golf ball-sized object, weighing nearly as much as a can of soup, struck the home and embedded itself in a wall Tuesday night. Federal officials sent to the scene said it was not from an aircraft.
The rough-surfaced object, with a metallic glint, was displayed Wednesday by police.

"There's some great interest in what we have here," said Lt. Robert Brightman. "It's rather unusual. I haven't seen anything like it in my career."

He said he hoped to have the object identified within 72 hours, but declined to name the other agencies whose help he has enlisted..

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Links to pictures of the object are

i.a.cnn.net...

i.a.cnn.net...

The object sure is odd looking and kind of makes one wonder what it could be given its weight, size and color.

What do you think it is; meteorite, plain old rock or is ET in the neighborhood?

Or could it have been a piece of this rocket on an earlier orbit before it finally crashed in WY?

NORAD: 'Meteor' really a rocket

[edit on 1/4/2007 by shots]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It does not appear to have a fusion crust on it so that may rule out the Meteorite theory.

MeteoriteIdentification

[edit on 1/4/2007 by shots]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Under closer observation the metallic object is not from this Earth. The pictorial holograms are on the surface of the object and are alien in nature. You will not see the holograms @ first, some will see them some won't. You must concentrate on the photo of the metallic object using a 3X or 4X magnifying glass. Do not lose patience keep looking at the photo and do not enlarge photo just use the magnifying glass to view object. This was a message in a bottle sort of speak. Look for patterns and let your brain and eyes do the rest. My theory is this the object has been floating in space for sometime and finally the gravity from the Earth captured it of course. Comets and asteroids have many visual holograms on them including the Temple that was photographed and had a direct hit by an Earthling probe. The metallic object needs to be halved with a precision high speed cutting tool, this will give many more answers to its celestial origin and after analysis it's composition. Rik Riley

[edit on 6-1-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
rikriley,

How do you know that this object has symbols on it?

Do you have inside information that no one else has?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Mostly pictorials and a few symbols and if you call it inside information on knowing that objects exist like this yes. Knowing where they are going to land on Earth your guess is as good as mine. Here is a secret most life forms in our Solar System have 2 eyes. Look for tiny tiny eyes on this metallic object then you will be able to aline the patterns, again some will see and some won't. Rik Riley

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Some meteorites are made of iron ore and other dense metallics so it could be meteorite.

apc

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The invasion has begun!! Run for the hills!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just more space trash.

And since when are "cans of soup" an official unit of weight measurement? How big of a can are we talking about here? Cambells soup? Chunky style? I've got a can of baked beans here that dwarfs all the others.

>
momentary lapse of lixdesya.

[edit on 6-1-2007 by apc]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Maybe a swallow carried it.

But I've got to agree with apc, when did we start using "cans of soup" as weight measurement. Because that's about as precise as using fathoms to measure distance.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I read an article today that said it was composed of Iron and Nickel but it looked like a big gold nugget to me. Either way that guy is gonna get a pretty penny for that little sweetheart.

FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP — The mysterious object that shot through the roof of a two-story home earlier this week was identified by scientists as a meteorite, police said Friday.

But the fate of the extraterrestrial mass, likely formed with the solar system some 4.6 billion years ago, has emerged as another unknown in the case of the second known meteorite to fall in New Jersey.

Its new owners, a married couple with a son, expressed some interest in putting the meteorite on a small-scale tour so local schoolchildren could see it, said Jeremy Delaney, a Rutgers University meteoriticist who was among four scientists who identified the object for police and later met the family.

Eventually the family will have to decide whether to keep the meteorite, give it to an academic institution such as a museum or sell it to a collector.

What's for sure is that the object will be in high demand.

Rarely on landings do meteorites come in contact with people. So when they do, the space artifacts are connected with a story that generates interest all around.

The American Museum of Natural History in New York City and the Smithsonian Institution in Washington D.C., both of which have extensive meteorite collections, likely will have interest, Delaney said.

Depending on the rarity of a given meteorite, researchers sometimes spend several years looking at the same chunk that fell from space.

"By looking at these objects, we have the ability to explore our deep, deep past," Delaney said. "Meteorites have given scientists clues about life on Mars and the rest of our solar system."

Source

new topics

top topics

join