It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have been found innocent!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Just incase anyone cares, It has been just over four months since my motorcycle crash. I'm doing well. Most of my wounds have healed up nicely. I'm Still nursing my shoulder though.

Today I got some good news and good karma. After several months of investigation by our local council and two seperate police precincts, I have been found not-guilty and not responsible for the accident.
No charges will be followed though.

But guess what? Although I was found innocent, The council will not pay for the loss of the bike, the loss of income, or the hospital fees.

Well, although that is dissapointing, I am relieved that I do not have to pay anything additional. But here is the disgusting part.
They are not going to change the intersection at the site of the accident, or even put up some signs.

Thanks for the support and Cheers!

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
so what was the cause of the accident?
jut curious

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
A roundabout. A simple roundabout.

It was the same color as the road. Only about one and a half inches high.
It was in a square intersection, rather than a curved one.

No lighting/street lights. No warning sign "roundabout ahead." (Although today I was told there is one there, but covered by foliage.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
A roundabout. A simple roundabout.

It was the same color as the road. Only about one and a half inches high.
It was in a square intersection, rather than a curved one.

No lighting/street lights. No warning sign "roundabout ahead." (Although today I was told there is one there, but covered by foliage.

Firstly, I would like to say ,it's good that you are all better and not seriously hurt.
I'm not so sure about you road laws, but here in Australia/Melbourne all signs must be made visible , with no obstructions.
Any little fault in the signs, could get you seeking compensation.....eg/a sign has to be visible to all traffic, must be a certain height , with no foliage around it.
(One incident was a 'no parking' sign and receiving a ticket, got away with it, because the sign was not a certain height.)
I would suggest that you look into the 'Road sign Laws' of your council, maybe get legal aid or even better, a soliciter(if you can afford one).
I am sure that you would be found in the right, and may be able to get some compensation.
I know you should be happy and all about your circumstance, but if the council has laws that one should abide by, then let the Law be your guide.
good luck.

Well, although that is dissapointing, I am relieved that I do not have to pay anything additional. But here is the disgusting part.
They are not going to change the intersection at the site of the accident, or even put up some signs.

If not for yourself, do it for the next unlucky person......

helen

Happy New Years!
edited ..........better wording.......

[edit on 1/3/2007 by helen670]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

I'm not so sure about you road laws, but here in Australia/Melbourne all signs must be made visible , with no obstructions.

G'day! I'm in Sydney.

Yeah, I have been well advised and there are a number of ways I can claim compensation. While I was in hospital I promised myself not to claim anything unless anyone else tries to claim money from my misfortune. I like to think of it as a bit of Karma.
People have been pressuring me to try to claim from it, so I might end up doing something in the next week or two.

Cheers for the concern!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
think of it this way sue them and claim compensation
that way the screw ups will have to do something or preper for more suits by people that have the same misfortune :bash:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Our local council is changing in the next month or two.
Even if I do claim some money, I doubt that anything will be done about the intersection.

It took four months to investigate a crash alone. If changing the intersection (paper work and all took only four months, even that will be too long.

The next person stepping in is a bit of a wanker. (Yes, I can say that. I have met him on several unrelated occations.) The 'waiting list' of things to do will just be destroyed IMO.

Still...Trying to prevent someone elses misfortune might make the bad karma a neutral one.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hi Gear/
How is the weather your way?
pretty damn hot here!
Ok.
All of us here at ATS are concerned, I'm sure!
So, Yeh!
I guess it's good that you don't want to gain anything out of this accident, but at least you can maybe prevent others from having the same misfortunate accident.
At least you can get the hospital bills paid, and the loss of income.
Good luck, hope it works out for you.

helen

top topics

join