It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Bengals extend QB Palmer's deal through 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Carson's cashing in, getting his due for a well played season. This kid is the real deal, I'm telling you. He should lead the Bengals to the promised land for many years to come.

Story Link

The Cincinnati Bengals reworked and extended Palmer's contract on Thursday, giving themselves more salary cap flexibility and a chance to keep their franchise quarterback through 2014.

They added six years to a deal that still had three to go, providing Palmer with a chance to make $118.75 million in salary and bonuses over the next nine years. He very well could spend the rest of his career in stripes.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I sure hope this kid is the real deal. Thats a big long contract that he got there. I just hope he isn't another Don Majikowski.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Whatever happened to the Majic Man?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
he writes articles for Green Bay's official web site. As far as I can tell... That's about it.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yeah, but I'll bet he does so comfortably.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
oh yeah I'm sure you are right B.H.N. and he gets enough TV time from whenever ESPN talks about the game that changed the Packers organization forever.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iaclonz
oh yeah I'm sure you are right B.H.N. and he gets enough TV time from whenever ESPN talks about the game that changed the Packers organization forever.

Which game is that, ia?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Farve's come from behind victory over Cinncinatti in '92 when Majik went down. Favre lead the team to a game winning drive with a bullet pass to Kitrick Taylor, like 35 yards or something. That should have been a foreshadowing of what was to come.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ah, I don't really recall that game, but I'm not the biggest Packer fan, either.

As for Carson, he suffered a torn ACL on his first-ever post-season pass. Hopefully he's ready for next season.

TRD

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I watched the game today and Carson was unlucky to take that knock that put him out. Kitna came in and did well the first half but then it started to fall apart for the Bengals.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If I heard them right, they said torn ACL and torn MCL. Am I mistaken?

Man, was that a p*sser. I mean, it didn't look like any kind of dirty hit, but what horrible luck for Cinci, and what a way to make us all have to root for Pittsburgh, since Cinci wasn't going anywhere deep in the playoffs without Palmer.

By the way, that computer is pretty good. It had only one pick this weekend: The Carolina Panthers, who were GETTING 2.5 points, but whom the computer FAVORED by 4 points. And once again, the computer was dead-on. I wonder if it'll have any picks next week.

B.H.N.

new topics

top topics

join