It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream 4x4 or Dream WRX??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayon
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.

heh....what about it, and thx 4 picking the thread back up, russian's posted some amazing cars.
and hes also claimed they're "my awd cars"
RUSSIAN...u will have some xplaining to do as soon as i find the site's u nicked them pix off.
*proceeds to right click/properties on each picture and follow source*

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have always liked the way the Evolution series looked. The new American version is kinda short, probably to compete directly with the WRX.

Don't know about you, but this looks awesome, Evolution IV:

Here is the Evolution V:

If images work, it says the [img] Code is off...

Here are a few pages from the rallycar site:
Evolution IV
Evolution V

I thinks its just a sweet looking car.

Here is the main rallycar site.

Here is a really nice Evolution site.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Here's some more pics of the Toyota Landcruiser or, as I like to call it, the "old #ing snow-truck".

Thoses are mainly just for you Cyrus to see, so you can understand why I said rebuilting it woudl be cool, but mainly a waste of time and especialy a waste of money.
It would actually involve a lot of BIG BUCKS to rebuild..

Enjoy.
(it's tough to see on the pics, but it's funny because apparantly, when you bought a truck back then, you had the shifting instruction drawned on the glove compartiment or glove box, I don't know how you call that...)

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
*gasp* thx 4 U2Uing!!

oh the RUST!! lmfaoooooooo
my god, it'll cost you big figures minimum to restore it to it's original state... a span of around 10-15grand..no doubt

but MAN!! it looks GRAND

keep it in good shape...remove all the rust, repaint it a nice shiny black, give it 3 coatings, and then cover with water-proofing isolation "PVC" stuff(we have it here..but u wont recognize the name).
after that...Seriously consider polishing the car, and then (you wont believe this) you know the sticky-on-one-side cellophane see-through sheets you can cover copy-books with? well...if u have the time? you know what to do

you see..with that much rust, that body work's liable to crumble DAMNIT!! or is that my impression

wow..imagine an mp3 player, that same "speedometer" but with a blue blacklight, that same steering wheel(definitely), those pedals replaced(you dont wanna break the brake off while driving :shk:

i understand you would -like- to do something to keep it running fit? take the carburettor apart...and clean it all out, you'll hate doing this, but trust me..it's worth it.

i spent last year living rented, next to a rally garage for lada, breaking your brake off is NOT a laughable matter... how'd ya feel pulling a handbrake roll at 50kph with those suspensions it's fitted in with(providing u didn't tweak them

ok...good news? russian parts from a VAZ truck would fit -gladly- on there, the suspensions undoubtedly would lift the ride an extra 20inches at least

what you have there? is FINE, compared with some buckets of rust brought in to get redone.

i really think you need to do the above mentioned to the bodywork, cover it with something damnit!!

you wont regret keeping this 4x4 in tact, when the time comes...you'll be doing this
for every horsepower you restored to that engine, since a 4x4 is the ultimate vehicle when "practicality" in consideration.(and hey....4x4's in ice/snow are a blessing).

hope you get to the bodywork first, before the car forms a big crumbly exoskeleton.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

wow...*sigh* what a project, *drools*

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Use POR-15 rust treatment/paint...it is very easy and cheap to use..and it works very well. You can paint it on with a brush or spay it using the special paint thinner. Anyhoo...I have always liked the older Landcruisers...good luck. Check out my website at: Diamond

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
Use POR-15 rust treatment/paint...it is very easy and cheap to use..and it works very well. You can paint it on with a brush or spay it using the special paint thinner. Anyhoo...I have always liked the older Landcruisers...good luck. Check out my website at: Diamond

*greets advice*
thanks, por-15..is that a label? we have nothing like that here...*smiles apologetically*

rust treatment...A PRIORITY!!

admittedly...you'll hate doing that, since there-is-so-much-of-the-car,(and it's a bit awkward to get to it's roof no?)

hehe
, another thing...rolling is probably the biggest killer out there.
aerodynamics have never been an obstacle...however, judging by the height of the roof, i wouldn't advise you to turn any really sharp corners

brilliant stuff M0rbid, the pix r fab

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   

how long would that front bumper stay on in rough terrain? i also hear there are reasons why you SHOULD NEVER remove that spoiler/alter it's shape...
the car's too light, a great thing for acceleration/racing/street racers, a #ter if u increase over 40mph in rough terrain, without the spoiler? that car isn't staying "low" if u catch my drift.
chances are, it's a honda civic 1995 blueprint, bought from honda for a low price...pepped up with the v6 engine to make it singggg

the spoiler? front bumper? brake-systems? bucket seats...
*sigh* another package deal,
i pray you're a computer-person..but here's an example, would you EVER buy a G@teway computer?? unless the other option of getting electrically anally probed then no.

same goes for the mit-so-bitchy, it's reliable? yes...how long will it last? when compared to any of the trux posted up there...

another thing, this should have been in the "debates" sector, but what the hell, feel free to crush my statement, but i stand firm on what i said

no hard feelings crayon, but it's not even a buggy?

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well to tell you the truth the pics doesn't give justice to what it actually is. The rust is worst than it looks on the pics lol... If I would have took a pictures of under the truck, you would have laughed at how annihilated by the rust the whole frame of the truck is.

It could be a cool project, but if I'm gonna invest some a few K on an old truck, it would probably more on the old pick up ford 1959 we have. This would totally look sweet. Don't have any pic digitalised yet. I'm not sure if it's a 4x4 tho, but it looks better IMO. I'll try to get pics of that one too. I could turn it into a hot rod.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Well to tell you the truth the pics doesn't give justice to what it actually is. The rust is worst than it looks on the pics lol... If I would have took a pictures of under the truck, you would have laughed at how annihilated by the rust the whole frame of the truck is.

It could be a cool project, but if I'm gonna invest some a few K on an old truck, it would probably more on the old pick up ford 1959 we have. This would totally look sweet. Don't have any pic digitalised yet. I'm not sure if it's a 4x4 tho, but it looks better IMO. I'll try to get pics of that one too. I could turn it into a hot rod.

a hotrod? *mouth gapes in fascination*

how the HELL do u have all these cars...and the years??? 1965...1959??? what's next, a model typeT ford

damnit...if u do have a type-T i'm buying, providing it's more than a few buketfulls of rust that is

on a more serious note? i think you should preserve what's left of the body-work, metal back then was seriously well-made..so undoubtedly, u wanna preserve what u can no?
a couple of grand? more like 200$ and a lot of effort...and that's if u laminate the car / get it a few coatings / get the engine checked over/cleaned out.

ouf...ah well, your project...i think you need to take care of ur cars, i dread to think what the 1959 looks like

these cars could cost a lot more.. make sure you keep increase their performance while you can? while parts CAN be gotten...

4x4 power from the 70's and after got really famous, that was unrecognized in the 60's, Lada production lines are very much based on soviet classic vehicles even now.
therefore? you could end up rummaging through a russian vehicle's catalogue

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
what's next, a model typeT ford

ROFL!!!

Hehehehe...no, I don't have a model T. And I think if someone have one, there's not much to do with it else than selling it to a museum! Lol... We have all theses because my father was/is a car/truck maniac. I should say a vehicle maniac. I ask him once and he told me he must have owned over 30 cars/trucks in his entire life. (he's currently 54).
The toyota serve, as you know, to push the snow. The ford pickup was bought in a 'car scrap' for almost nothing (can't remember exacty) and I'm looking foward to show you the pics. He is awesome. (I love oldies). We also have a second landcruiser, only for the pieces. My father's currently driving an old golf 1985 (my previous car), and we have a second golf 85 only for the pieces. He also have a bmw 535i 1988. I have a golf 97. Not so long ago we had an old ford tempo (herited) but we gave it away, it kept on breaking and sucked anyway. My father was a mecano and also did paint job and body work previously. So he always bought cars, fixed 'em and painted 'em and then sold them. He owned cars like MGs, Barracudas, Chargers, Corvettes, Triumphs, and I forgot somes...

We still have a dodge charger's hood with 2 huge air-trap, and I dream of fitting it (well, probably just the air traps) on my golf lol...That would look so cool.

At one time he worked for St-Hubert (the restaurant) and we had like (not kidding) almost 10 yellow civics sleeping in our backyards... He always had some crazy deals on cars.

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
m0rbid..
*need more pix to comment*

maybe u need to get together all you've got in ya and choose to totally refurbish the toyota? IMO

and the wheels your toyota has? are confirmed to be of the same model the yellow niva on page 1 has on..i'm currently looking up the name your tyres have on the net, nothing yet

i'm annoyed that the owner of the yellow Niva, nor the owner of the site it's posted at.. left their email addresses, and when i did find who the car belonged to , it seems the guy thinks emails are to be checked annually *sigh* so i have nothing to imitate, i'm still looking for ANY1 who has info on that car, it seems he's the only one crazy enough to soup up a lada and post pix on the net

(they are considerably easier to soup up than any other mark)

that Lada niva is from lithuania, you can see the bugger in the car wearing something orange..but that's all you can make out.
my dream? getting a niva fitted up like that one in the pic, going with some friends on an off/road-trip, dont know why, but i guess i'd like to have the option of offroading..
getting a 25-ton-crush rollbar also sounds like a good idea when offroading, and therefore anything else i thought sounded good went on the list in page 1.
ergo: me advising on souping up your toyota totally complies with the same recipe needed to soup up that lada.

your dad does this for a living you say? ahhhh

why such old models though? nothing from after 2000?
generally speaking, you could end up buying a dodge durango..they come with built-in V8's, not very economic or pretty, but they look bad-@ss.

will love looking over them pix if u have the time m0rbid,

Cordially,
a petrol-head

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'll try to get more pics as soon as I can, have to borrow the digital camera from my brother in law. (have the best cam I know)

My father stopped doing it for a living a few years ago, but still do it when he have too. (like currently, we change the transmission on the Toyota.)

What do you mean when you say 'same tire'. I guess you must mean the 'rims', because the tires in them-selve (BF-Goorich Radial) are not that special anyway.

Why such old models ? 1 - Because we're poor lol... 2 - Because he always got good not-too-expensive deals on those particular models...hence why we have 'em lol..
(Iex.: he paid the bmw like 6000$ canadian = approx. 4500$ U.S.)

Reason number 1 also explain why I probably won't put money on the toyota right now, or in the near future.
I know you're a truck guy, but as I already said, I'm more of a car guy. So I will more likely invest my savings (see: future savings..) on my VW golf. I'd love to do trails and all, but now I only need something that rolls nice on paved grounds, and that don't eat too much fuel.
As I said, I'm poor. But I'm a car manic too, and believe me, if I were rich, or if I would won the loto, I'd put them all in good shape, and tun 'em, and spend my days taking care of 'em.

I'm actually so poor, I bought the golf past december, and so far, all that I put on was rear lights, a tail-pipe and I kept the sound system I had in my previous car (actually, I was lazy and I only kept the cd-player, the speakers them-selve were not so great anyway..)
So you see, in an entire year, I haven't almost put anything on it, beside maintenance and stuff..

Edit: Just remembered, the other day, he almost bought an old Range Rover. Well, I don't know if he really considered it, but he told me he spent a few time looking at it...

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

same goes for the mit-so-bitchy, it's reliable? yes...how long will it last? when compared to any of the trux posted up there...

no hard feelings crayon, but it's not even a buggy?

None taken.

But the title of the thread does contain WRX. Makes me think of the Subaru. I would never take one of those off-road. I would get it more for the 4x4 aspect. And yes, a truck would be much better and would probably survive if you have height differences of more than 6-12 inches.

These are rally cars, not meant for mountain climbing up rocky slopes.

Not sure what you mean when you are talking about the rear wing... why would you want to take it off?

Cheers

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Not all 4x4 transmissions have the same effectiveness

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join