It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream 4x4 or Dream WRX??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
i felt like going for smthng typically bad-ass, the bull-bar's legal in a few countries now..including the ukraine

well..here's the ultimate rant.

watcha gana do with the teenagers??

i'm sure there should be a few like me hovering secretly around ATS.
the nissans/street-racer cars would be useless when around the U.S.S.R or faced with your average no-slick-terrain..i'm sticking with my car-to-be, a rough-terrainer,or maybe a NIVA with a 5-litre V8 raised 30inches off the ground with kevlar-reinforced tyres and inch-thick plastic windows.
suspension system/hydraulics for best effect...and a booming sound-system/pcg-gr114mk sony-vaio laptop for music vidz/mp3z.

i think zils should be sponsored as the off-road kings....even when compared to the land rover's bob-cat with a tvr V8, it still proves a lot better, the frame is designed to withstand an immediate halt at 100km and still keep relatively original body-form.(amazing....)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LAPTOP's role.
ignition occurs only via laptop, impossible to start car up without laptop(how? technology in progress...)
fuel injection is laptop moderated.(increase/decrease fuel-air richness...how??, laptop connects to servo, servo causes input to motor, motor rotates dial connected to engine. therefore: dial rotated to increase/decrease fuel richness.
loose wires to be enclosed/hidden from view and access.
ignition is to occur from laptop, laptop sends login successful signal to ignition box, if validated then ignition occurs...no need for keys

laptop runs on linux or >>>>win2k

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is a dream 4x4...a true SUV. I have adjustable suspension..two sets of wheels and tires...depending on use....440 watts of blasting music (from a flash memory MP3 player...btw...can't steal it..haha)... A "third" headlight...4 fog/driving lights...dual range 4WD...etc. A truly amazing car...goes anywhere..I don't need the "bells and whistles"...just straight up 4X4 power and usage. Check out my website: Diamond in the Roo

Here's a pic for you:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
This is a dream 4x4...a true SUV. I have adjustable suspension..two sets of wheels and tires...depending on use....440 watts of blasting music (from a flash memory MP3 player...btw...can't steal it..haha)... A "third" headlight...4 fog/driving lights...dual range 4WD...etc. A truly amazing car...goes anywhere..I don't need the "bells and whistles"...just straight up 4X4 power and usage. Check out my website: Diamond in the Roo

Here's a pic for you:

lol
it's an suv!!

agreed...still counts as a 4x4
the bull-bar on my top pic weighs 200kilos... that's solid reinforced russian steelworks there, russian bears...reindeer, u name it will bounce right off, no doubt

as for anti-theft system? watcha got, tell!!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
That monster of a vehicle that you posted is HUGE!!...mine is small...I can fit into places and such that it can't...ie...between trees and rocks...whereas he would be blocked or would have to go over them. Anti-theft is this: the stereo is removable (personal MP3 player to headphones jack..to quick disconnectable amp and speakers)...anti-theft for the car is a 100 lbs chow and a 12 guage shotgun...hehe. Subarus are awesome cars to own...thinking about buying another one now...since my every day driver took a dump at 46K miles...booohooo...oh well.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   

That monster of a vehicle that you posted is HUGE!!...mine is small...I can fit into places and such that it can't...ie...between trees and rocks...whereas he would be blocked or would have to go over them. Anti-theft is this: the stereo is removable (personal MP3 player to headphones jack..to quick disconnectable amp and speakers)...anti-theft for the car is a 100 lbs chow and a 12 guage shotgun...hehe. Subarus are awesome cars to own...thinking about buying another one now...since my every day driver took a dump at 46K miles...booohooo...oh well.

me got 230hp, you've got 1800cc's = 75hp, who'd go up the steeper cliff??

if i'd drive at ya...who'd squirt first??

nice car man, i love subarus, they're ugly as sin...however, they are made differently..i have to admit, i'd be tempted with the latest subaru.. but the only thing that would tempt me to buy the one in my pic is the ride-height.
a six foot man has to reach out horizontally for the handle...don't u find that a little extreme??

as for the anti-theft system, i would advise a 40volt shocker, steadily increasing with a time-lapse of 5 seconds before the alarm totally shuts down.

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Lol! Nice trucks Cyrus.
But I'd trade a WRX Sti for any of those, any time!

Xenon
LOL! That thang ain't a SUV!!! It's just a 4 wheel drive station-wagon! Hehehehe...Nice wheels tho..

I'll upload pic of our old toyota landcruiser (snowtruck style). This is a manly truck. (just wait till you see it, it's all falling aparts and really funny...)

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Lol! Nice trucks Cyrus.

Xenon
LOL! That thang ain't a SUV!!! It's just a 4 wheel drive station-wagon! Hehehehe...Nice wheels tho..

I'll upload pic of our old toyota landcruiser (snowtruck style). This is a manly truck. (just wait till you see it, it's all falling aparts and really funny...)

hehe.. imagine going downtown in one

it'd raise some eyebrows...a lot more eyebrows than a wrx STI series would

girls like sporty rides with speed, i'll be making the top picture i posted this summer, with the help of some engineers and my dad's cashhhhh$$$$ from this x-mas.
dont mean to brag, honest!!!
*visualizes driving this car at night-time in front of the cinema, speakers rocking the ride, lights increasing/decreasing as speakers "wont", hydraulics start bouncing front-end of car...*sighs*
the whole project i've been told costs a shockingly cheap 16,000$ with all options listed above installed(minus laptop..that's mine

the hydraulics are smthng to worry about tho...since i really dont know any1 with them installed here in the ukraine, this isn't afro-land u know!!
do they break down easily? hell...with this car's ride-height i'll need the hydraulics, no joke...i could end up with a convertible...the parkings here have low roofs

the car's built to stand so much, and yet, if i install hydros i'm likely to bust some jumping off rocks..u know?
as for fuel consumption...a reinforced v8? with extra fuel richness and cool air filter element? = dragracer mobil

here's a typically "ugly as sin" pic of your average STI,

and here's it's engine.

need i say more when i state my "temptation" for this ugly beast??

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Lol! Nice trucks Cyrus.

Xenon

think of any of those trucks MINUS the bull-bars...not so attractive any more eh?

the secret's in the dangerous look the bull-bar poses, it's actually higher than the engine lid!!(not legal almost anywhere....since if u end up knocking some1 over with that thing, the recieving end is likely to shatter, ie: skull)

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Cyrus

Well, this wrx is just ugly enough for me! Hey, I'm a sinner anyway lol...

But I gotcha, some people prefer trucks, some people prefer cars. I'm a car guy.

Here's the truck I talked you about...
I'll try to get more close pics later. The interior is actually something to see. The battery is at the foot of the passenger seat lol. And the dash is so cool, it's really REALLY old and it has like a hundred buttons and switchs on it. And the wind-shield can be "folded" onto the hood. The roof stay in place just because of it's weight lol... There's holes in the floor so you can see the ground. The back seats were replaced with cement plates (for weights). My father replaced some container of the engine with an old tobacco can, welded to the rest with bronze or leld, not sure..

It amaze me that each winter, it is still working again... (I'll ask the date to be sure, but I think it's a 1965 or smthg around..)

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by m0rbid]

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

Lol! Nice trucks Cyrus.

Xenon

think of any of those trucks MINUS the bull-bars...not so attractive any more eh?

the secret's in the dangerous look the bull-bar poses, it's actually higher than the engine lid!!(not legal almost anywhere....since if u end up knocking some1 over with that thing, the recieving end is likely to shatter, ie: skull)

oh wow... it looks amazing!!
no sarcasm here man, it looks like smthng worth rebuilding

1:replace all heavy/rusty components.
2: increase engine capacity
3: add that bull-bar and the wireless stuff
4: add a flash mp3, or even a laptop linked to the hi-fi system.
5: add a snorkel with extra air intake built in
and you're set to go on some amazing 4x4 trips..
btw, that's a lotta snow...where u live? 1965 is The age for dragracers/ old cars...i think you'd better stick to that car, and while you're at it look for some spare parts.
man, that thing looks awesome with the new wheels in place.
Peace
Cyrus

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah, it'd be a cool project to rebuild, but it would be really expensive, cuz as I said, it's in really bad shape. But I agree, I also think it looks bad ass. Kinda like those little Jeep YJ, but a bigger.

I live in Quebec, Canada, and yes we have a hell-a-lot of snow in the winter here. That's why we need this frigin truck to keep on rollin'. Hehehe.

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   

what r the wheels on that thing?? they look like eagles, only i have no clue what the wheels on the Niva in my post are.

lol...don't laugh, but the trucks i posted are Lada prototypes, lada designed these models for the army back in the mid 80's, the production stopped at 91' when the soviet union broke up.
lada was abandoned due to the unreliable engines they made...and the army cars were mainly UAZ after that.(the army Ladas' were sent off to different sectors, ie, the police still use them these days)
however....this is what it looks like without all the addons
(don't laugh too hard..)

agreed, you wouldn't buy one factory-made and drive about in it...shameful

i think your car fits a V6 or even a V8 quite nicely...look at the ridge the engine hood's got

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Bought my badarse SUV for.....500 bucks!!...haha...put another 1000 bucks in for bells and whistles and restore. Best bang for your buck...save your money. OH...btw...my SUV made it through four feet of blizzard snow..and I have witnesses...har...har.......har...woohooo.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
hehe,
take a look at these

when i said russian steelworks uppp^^^^, i wasnt kidding....nothing automatic here, this car's brute force all the way...check out the 4x4 engage system

and here's how the car in the top pic looks different to factory-default.

tundra-equipped? no joke

most lada companies are still in awe of this pic. this niva is "special", it's got a V8 Ferrari under the hood, twin-drive too

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Bought my badarse SUV for.....500 bucks!!...haha...put another 1000 bucks in for bells and whistles and restore. Best bang for your buck...save your money. OH...btw...my SUV made it through four feet of blizzard snow..and I have witnesses...har...har.......har...woohooo.

har-har-har...not

for thou shalt be smothered and defeated by our home-built mech-car.
hehe, as for price? ok..fine, i'm beat on that one

the WRX is like 30grand here, second hand, so no doubt...i'd rather get the V8 4x4 that does a million times better no?

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Cyrus

Huu...not sure what are the wheels on that. But the landcruiser have a similar shifting equipement than the one on your pic!!! It got like 3 shifting stick,one for the 4x4 I think, and one more stick for the plow.

Yeah, those stock-lada are laughable. But there's still people that drive those around here, now would you believe that??? I swear it's true! Gotta agree that the tuned-ones are looking way better! (your first two pics)

About subaru, do yall think the the recent legacy are bad-ass? Man, they looking good! I wouldn't even know what to choose between a legacy and a impreza.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Cyrus

Huu...not sure what are the wheels on that. But the landcruiser have a similar shifting equipement than the one on your pic!!! It got like 3 shifting stick,one for the 4x4 I think, and one more stick for the plow.

Yeah, those stock-lada are laughable. But there's still people that drive those around here, now would you believe that??? I swear it's true! Gotta agree that the tuned-ones are looking way better! (your first two pics)

About subaru, do yall think the the recent legacy are bad-ass? Man, they looking good! I wouldn't even know what to choose between a legacy and a impreza.

errr..this? behold a legacy

*listens attentively to a fake crowd* then nods head vigorously..impreza, no doubt

i think the stock lada was a mistake to be released as it was, it seriously undemined profits on the car.
people drive it there?? lol, i was shocked to hear it made it to the congo

the pricing of your average lada is 10,000$...add 6000$ of
1: that 200kg bullbar
2:6 of each of these

and a hi-fi+2 xplod amps

3: 2 sets of these:
(i think those ones would do just fine...but still looking for smthng with a bigger wheelbase

4:a rollcage

ultimately i've tried to fit everything into a pricing counter, 1280$ is left to muck about with on headlights, body-lifts etc... ABS brakes, extreme-4x4 shocks etc...

find me a car with all that installed for 16grand...

they let off a massive business in 93' when a friend of mine's father offered the blue-prints for the modifications to be made to a similar lada niva at that time.
therefore, ultimately i was showed one of these cars, and am still in awe.
*thus..my obsession's story unfolds*
Cyrus

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
LMAO!!! you...you silly prankster...

I'll take the non-famillial version please

How's your fictive crowd cheering now? Hehehehe

It's only because the legacy is probably more luxurious than the impreza. (probably)

Dude I totally understand you. I think everyone it entitled to have his own obession. My personnal one is with golf gti.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
www.fast-autos.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

homepage.mac.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

www.autonav2000.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

these are just some of my best awd cars...

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join