It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing in Iraq:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
During the Gulf War, I wanted to put a bullet in Saddam's head as bad as anyone and I was perfectly capable and willing to take out any Iraqi soldier that I had to, but the comments from this soldier caught on video are disturbing and disgusting. If this is the mindset of today's soldiers, I'm ashamed of what this administration has done to our military. Killing in the line of duty is one thing, but when it becomes pure sport, we become just as bad as our enemies. Check it out:

Take No Prisoners

Another proud moment in U.S. Military History.

U.S. Marines execute an Iraqi to the cheers of fellow marines

-:WARNING:-

This video should only be viewed by a mature audience

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I haven't watched the video, but i think its sick, very sick

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Killing in the line of duty is one thing, but when it becomes pure sport, we become just as bad as our enemies.

It wasn't exactly a "fair" fight was it, or in "hot blood"? Isn't the soldier in breach of some Geveva Covention??

Thanx for alerting us to this - nice to know that in a civilised world we uphold chivalry....

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   

It wasn't exactly a "fair" fight was it, or in "hot blood"? Isn't the soldier in breach of some Geveva Covention??

It is a breach of the Geveva Covention and UN regulations too.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
[

It is a breach of the Geveva Covention and UN regulations too.

Thanx for the clarification infinite. So, can we expect the "awesomed" soldier featured to be cout martialed at some stage, as, say, happened after My Lai?? Any news of this in the States?? (Not after "vengence" but surely this appeared to have been quite public?)

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genya

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Killing in the line of duty is one thing, but when it becomes pure sport, we become just as bad as our enemies.

Thanx for alerting us to this - nice to know that in a civilised world we uphold chivalry....

As a veteran, I am disgusted by this behavior. I believe in honor - in all things. And I believe in the rule of law, or UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice), as it were.

At the same time, I feel a deep sense of grief for the soldiers and the situation they've been thrown into. It's a guerrilla war and that warps everything beyond comprehension.

Somebody at the highest levels of our government and specifically in the Pentagon should be more than held accountable. HEADS SHOULD ROLL!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
more discussion on this here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join