It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens cause the rapture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This predition comes to me fourth hand, but it's the only way it could come to me because the person who predicted it died in the 40s. And the more I look at the world today, I'm being led to believe it was prophecy, not prediction.

A person, I believe it was Lake, but I'm not sure, said in a sermon about the rapture that before it came to be, there would be all kinds of stuff touted by the media and underground groups about aliens and the paranormal. The reason for this is that when the rapture comes, there needs to be an explanation. Only a third of the world after the rapture will come to know Christ, and if the rapture is the only explanation, more than a third of the world is intelligent enough to recognise that.

He said, in the 40s that there would be a huge influx of almost accepted fact that aliens were coming, and they were abducting people.

For the people who don't know, the rapture is when God will take those who believe Christ is lord without death, to save them from the appocalypse. Now if alien abductions become common knowlege, there's a scapegoat. Some people will see through it. Some people may even remember this post and think "Boy, that was strange, this is exactly what that jungle guy was saying on ATS."

The alien UFO phenomenon didn't start until the late 1940s, and this message was spoken in the 30s, before the war. The guy my dad got the message from mentioned the sermon he heard as a child in a tape series he published. If I can get the series from my dad, if he remembers who it was, I'll post who (for sure) the person was who said that, and what the tapes were.

Until then, I know you all can do your research, I've read your posts. Look into this. The worst that can happen as a result is you lose a little time, but the best would be that you learn it to be true. I'm not expecting a change, just a memory, and that's all it should take. Be part of that third. Come be with me when the time comes, I'd love to see you there

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
if they say that the people who dissappear were taken by aliens, then how will they use aliens to unite people into a one world religion? That would make people around the world want to fight the aliens

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetMonster
if they say that the people who dissappear were taken by aliens, then how will they use aliens to unite people into a one world religion? That would make people around the world want to fight the aliens

That would make Americans want to fight the aliens. Not all of the world holds our fight for freedom with your dying breath attitude, and quite frankly, most of america will go away when that happens. Christians are (sadly) the silent majority here.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It's amazing. I've posted several new topics in my week at ATS, but I've never had as many views as I have for this subject. However, no one is replying. I'm going to hope that you're shocked at this revelation, but if not, contest me, unless you're afraid I'll have an answer to your contentnion. I know fear can be a powerful foe...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Isn't the Christian belief in the Rapture not even in the Bible? Why would the Rapture happen if indeed it has no basis in Biblical history?

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Isn't the Christian belief in the Rapture not even in the Bible? Why would the Rapture happen if indeed it has no basis in Biblical history?

Christians have a whole mythology about Hell too which is not based on the Bible. Not to mention all the references about reincarnation which I've heard were intentionally left out of the Bible, but found on ancient scrolls from the same sources as Biblical passages. Christians make crap up and leave other crap out to suit their own needs it seems...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Oh, but my friend, it does. The verse that is in my head now is Revelation 12, but there are countless others. I will now quote Revelation 12:

"A great and wonderous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of 12 stars on her head. 2She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. 3Then another sign appeared in haeven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. 4His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born. 5She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter[Jesus, obviously, but also christians]. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6The woman fled into the desert to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1.260 days. 7And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.

This is the beginning of the appocalypse according to John in revelations. There are countless other references to the rapture, but none are coming to me right now, so I'll delve into this one. The child is the children of God, the believers in Christ. The woman is the Jews. They were God's chosen people, and in his eyes, clothed in the sun, with the 12 stars which symbolize all of the intersections of the star of David. Revelation speaks of the 144,000 jews who will become preachers of Christ in the end times, and will make it through all of the apocalypse. Therefore, there must be a place for them in the last 3.5 years. God, obviously, has prepared this place.

On the subject of the child, and the rapture, there are many prophecies in the Bible which seem to have duel meanings. They mean something in the time they're spoken, which has already come to pass, but they speak it in the future sense. People will be able to relate it to something that has happened, but something even greater will happen in the future. This is evidant with many of the prophecies in the old testament, the Tora which state something that has already happened, but Jesus makes it seem as nothing compared to what he does.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I want to add that what you just posted as an interpretation of a part of The Bible. Nothing is spelled out regarding the Rapture. Its all totally and completely up to interpretation and as such really doesn't do much for making any sort of factual reality of any Rapture scenario happening.

I've also read by many theologians that Revelations was simply an allegory that was not intended to be a prediction of future events as Jesus had already conquered evil from his martyrdom and no further warring was necessary. Of course, as I noted, Revelations is open to extreme interpretation.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I want to add that what you just posted as an interpretation of a part of The Bible. Nothing is spelled out regarding the Rapture. Its all totally and completely up to interpretation and as such really doesn't do much for making any sort of factual reality of any Rapture scenario happening.

I've also read by many theologians that Revelations was simply an allegory that was not intended to be a prediction of future events as Jesus had already conquered evil from his martyrdom and no further warring was necessary. Of course, as I noted, Revelations is open to extreme interpretation.

If evil was already conquered, explain the world today.

But I do agree that one passage isn't enough evidence. I've read so many people's posts which take a single passage out of context and make it into something completely different.

I need to research where the other rapture references are. As far as I remember, that's the only one in revelation. There are some in Issac and some in Joshua. And there are others.

I'm not going to post those until I find them, and it may take some time. This thread will find it's self back at the top in time, when I can back up Revelation 12.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The Alien spin of a prophetic preacher from the 40's wouldn't be that shocking considering the rampant UFO speculation, sightings, 'crashes' and beginnings of the spread of horrific images of science fiction via movies.

But it begs the question, why is Religion always so damn slow in catching up with science and modern culture? The most "inspired men" that EVER lived supposedly wrote the bible thinking the Earth was fixed, flat and immovable. The Catholic Church excommunicated or assassignated anyone that disagreed for centuries... then took even longer to change postitions once widely accepted, proven, etc.

Just a sample of the non rotating, non revolving mud plane of the Bible:
I Chronicles 16:30: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable."
Psalm 93:1: "Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm..."
Psalm 96:10: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable..."
Psalm 104:5: "Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken."
Isaiah 45:18: "...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast..."

I could find all the Flat Earth, four corners, center of Creation junk too if anyone is interested, but this doesn't take Bible scripture to refute as Johnny-come-lately revisionist 'catch-up'.

I do actually follow the Spiritual and Religious debate over the possibility of Extraterrestrial life, and this I must say is the lazy route of seeking continued relevance, without admitting when you're just FLAT EARTH wrong!

But it would be a cool movie plot!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
If evil was already conquered, explain the world today.
Well, I don't want to add my personal beliefs to the thread, but I suppose now I will.

To explain the world today I mark it up to my own belief system in that Jesus Christ never existed in a factual sense and that The Bible was a collection of stories written by man with no influence by any God. However, that is my belief and simply an opinion and I could be completely wrong. This is my primary reason for not having any faith in a Rapture scenario, but I do know of the Christian belief in it. I used to be a practicing Christian so I know The Bible and can reference it from memory. Though I did not memorize it perfectly by any means.

I want to add that I have a strong belief in the factual existence of extraterrestrial visitation, but do not hinge my beliefs on any alien invasion scenarios or any ideas that aliens are angels, demons, or anything else from an ethereal realm.

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Junlgejake

I think your ideas are quite credible, it would be a perfect deception that the world would easily believe.

I also think that after the seventh seal when the trumpets are sounded is an eerie description of possible alien invasion. Revelations 9:3 "And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth ......" . They don't come from the earth but from above the earth. Space??? Verses 4-11 describe something totally unearthly with their King being satan.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well, please note the scripture quoted on the last post. At the SEVENTH seal, not the first, so let's review at least one statement that the "rapture" as it has been come to be called, will take place at the beginning of the tribulation to prevent the believers suffering through the tribulation. This isn't true as far as I'm concerned. I am a mid-tribulationist, which means I believe the "taking up" (by whatever form it ends up being) will take place half-way through the tribulation at the sound of the last trumpet, which is exactly what is stated in the Bible. This last trumpet sounding signals the beginning of the bowls of God's wrath...and what is also known as "Jacob's Great Trial"....3-1/2 years into the tribulation.

But be careful how you interpret the verses of the Bible surrounding the "taking up" of the believers. A long running misapplication of scripture has been to quote the verse concerning "two will be in the field and one will be left". This verse is not referring to the rapture, but to resultant depopulation that takes place during the first 3-1/2 years of the tribulation (plague, war, asteroid impact, major earthquakes, etc.).

I have no problem entertaining that the "different" alien types that have witnessed, if they do indeed exist, may be the same entities referred to in the Bible as angels (good or bad), and therefore could play some part in the coming events that were prophesied in several books of the Bible.

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Valhall

I didn't say the rapture would be during or after the 7th seal. NO-ONE claims to know exactly when the rapture will happen. I was talking about my opinion on aliens being a representation of the devil.

Sorry to shoot you down but keep trying it you feel the need.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The Alien spin of a prophetic preacher from the 40's wouldn't be that shocking considering the rampant UFO speculation, sightings, 'crashes' and beginnings of the spread of horrific images of science fiction via movies.

I didn't say he was preaching in the 40s, he died in the 40s. The message was preached in the 20s and 30s. Also, Lakes ministry wasn't one with a prophetic tilt, it was with a healing tilt. He led a healing ministry, but seems to have more gifts from God than one.

Well, please note the scripture quoted on the last post. At the SEVENTH seal, not the first, so let's review at least one statement that the "rapture" as it has been come to be called, will take place at the beginning of the tribulation to prevent the believers suffering through the tribulation.

From what I've come to understand, the rapture happens before the appocalypse begins, but is a sure sign that it is extreamly near. However, I don't know if I got that idea from scripture, or if it came from the Left Behind series and Are We Living In The End Times? (book title, hence the underline
)

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Rant: The Alien spin of a prophetic preacher from the 40's wouldn't be that shocking considering the rampant UFO speculation, sightings, 'crashes' and beginnings of the spread of horrific images of science fiction via movies.

Junglejake: I didn't say he was preaching in the 40s, he died in the 40s. The message was preached in the 20s and 30s.

Still you said:
"The alien UFO phenomenon didn't start until the late 1940s, and this message was spoken in the 30s, before the war."

And I am reminding you that the MOST wide spread ALIEN ATTACK panic on record came in 1938 with Orsen Wells "War of The Worlds"...and was NOT his brainchild, but an adaptation of a much earlier and very popular story by HG Wells. The public was already fascinated with media specualtion on the prospect of Life from Mars. What was the stuff of dinner party banter at the turn of the century (Mark Twain was said to be obsessed by the end of his life) saturated popular conciousness throughout the 20's to full tilt mania by 1938 .

UFO mania hardly started in Roswell 1947.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
And I am reminding you that the MOST wide spread ALIEN ATTACK panic on record came in 1938 with Orsen Wells "War of The Worlds"...and was NOT his brainchild, but an adaptation of a much earlier and very popular story by HG Wells. The public was already fascinated with media specualtion on the prospect of Life from Mars. What was the stuff of dinner party banter at the turn of the century (Mark Twain was said to be obsessed by the end of his life) saturated popular conciousness throughout the 20's to full tilt mania by 1938 .

UFO mania hardly started in Roswell 1947.

That I was not aware of. Most of the shows I watch start the saturation in the late 40s, early 50s.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think "UFO'ism came into popularity from the coining of the term in the report of a pilot over the Northwest. Even at Roswell it was "Disc" talk. But the "Alien Invader" talk was prevalent.

Prior to any scientific understanding of the cosmos, it is understandable that sightings were described as "Charoits of Fire". If this is that Preachers reinterpretation of the Bible...good for him, but it is hardly 'prophetic' or shocking in my opinion. (No offense)

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bowser
As far as government, from what I have read, is that they are a monarchy type, the greys are controlled by the lizards and were created as slaves to the lizards. As for cities and such, they may have grown way past cities and found no need to even stay on a particular planet. However, I think that the greys have outposts on other planets including earth, either with or without our consent.

That quote came from another thread, but people seem to feel they KNOW we are in the process of being invaded, and by who. That's new...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think if Aliens do come down, their gonna slap us all in the face.
Idiots!
I personally do believe that the bible is too full of fantasy.
I mean how many times has the world ended?
how many times has any of these predictions ever come true?
Other than the earth being flat, and the center of the earth?
Deep

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join