It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Seahawks Fire Team President

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The Seattle Seahawks fired Bob Whitsitt Friday as their president of football operations, on the same day Seahawks executive Ted Thompson was hired as the new general manager in Green Bay.

Seattle owner Paul Allen said he made the decision in the best interest of the franchise.

"I decided to take a change of direction and bring in somebody with a deep background in football to run the football side of the organization," Allen said. "I didn't take it lightly at all, but felt it's what is needed for the franchise."

Whitsitt served as Seahawks president for eight years and helped negotiate the purchase and development of Qwest Field and the hiring of Mike Holmgren as head coach.

Whitsitt is the former president and general manager of the Portland Trail Blazers, also owned by Allen.

Whitsitt is currently recovering from colon surgery to remove a growth.

Associated Press

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I guess someone had to go as a result of the total collapse this season and the Prez is the scapegoat. Too bad he couldn't suit up in the pads, he probably would have caught that pass that Engram dropped.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
whitsitt is a self admitted basketball guy, not a football man, paul allen brought him along when he bought the team, what the hawks need is a football guy with lots of experiance and contacts

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Does this mean Holmgren is history?

Pretty sorry Seahawk showing against the Rams, especially after you look at the way the Falcons demolished them.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Sounds as if they are heading in th eright direction...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Agreed - at least they are trying to do something with a system that apears broken.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
it appears that holmgren will be back next year, they anounced that in the seattle paper last week, personally with some of the dismal games they played this year i am suprised

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
He has the correct resume, though, to be given a few years to get it fixed up there.

new topics

top topics

join