It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: FA Cup second round results

page: 1

log in


posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:48 PM
Ryman Premier side Yeading will be looking for glamour tie in the next round of the FA Cup after beating Slough Town 3-1 in the second round.

With Barclays Premiership sides in the competition in the third round, Dudley Campbell's brace gives the non-league club a chance of a trip to a top-flight club. Slough, who are in the same league as Yeading, took the lead after two minutes through Glen Harris' penalty. Campbell scored either side of half-time and Davis Haule added a third to secure the win.

Nationwide Conference side Exeter produced a shock to beat Doncaster at the Earth Stadium. The League One side were behind after 25 minutes after a goal from Steve Flack. Dean Moxey added a second just after half-time to set up the upset. Gregg Blundell scored a late goal to give Rovers a chance of forcing a replay - but the non-league side held on.

Southern League Premier club Histon saw their cup dreams ended by Yeovil. The Coca-Cola League Two side won 3-1 with Phil Jevons opening the scoring with a penalty after 52 minutes. Lee Johnson added a second five minutes later before Neil Kennedy pulled one back to set up an exciting finish. Yemi Odubade wrapped up the win for the visitors with a strike in the final moments of the game.

Bournemouth survived a late scare and avoided an embarrassing defeat to Conference side Carlisle. Derek Holmes opened the scoring for the home side three minutes into the second half. The Seasiders then added a second through Alan Connell. Craig Farrell pulled one back for the underdogs but the Cherries held on for the win.

Scott Taylor scored a late winner for Blackpool as they beat Port Vale 1-0 at Bloomfield Road.

Chester beat non-league side Halifax 3-1 with Michael Branch scoring twice and Kevin Rapley adding the third. Neil Ross scored the home side's goal at The Shay.

Hartlepool beat Aldershot 5-1 at Victoria Park to end the visitors' hopes of an upset. Chris Westwood and Adam Boyd both scored twice and Mark Tinkler added the fifth. Tim Sills scored the Conference side's only goal.

Conference side Hereford, who have a tradition of cup upsets, lost to League Two club Boston after taking the lead after nine minutes. Tamika Mkandawire's opener was cancelled out by Jason Lee, and Andy Kirk scored twice in the second half. Craig Stanley pulled one back late on but the home side could not find a leveller.

Hull secured a comfortable 4-0 win against Macclesfield, with two goals from Delroy Facey and other strikes from Ryan France and Stuart Elliott.

Scott McGleish scored the only goal of the game as Northampton beat Bury.

Chris Killen scored a hat-trick as Oldham beat Leyton Orient at Boundary Park. Lee Croft was the other goalscorer as the Latics ran out 4-0 winners.

Calum Willock scored twice as Peterborough beat Southern League Premier side Bath 2-0.

Colchester beat Rushden 5-2 at Nene Park with Greg Halford scoring a hat-trick. Craig Fagan scored twice for the visitors, while Drewe Broughton and Stuart Gray scored late consolations for the home side.

Grant Holt scored twice for Rochdale as they beat Stevenage from the Conference 2-0.

League One leaders Luton beat Wycombe 3-0 at Adams Park with two goals coming from Steve Howard and another strike from Kevin Nicholls.

Scott Oakes' last-minute strike for Notts County forced a replay against Swindon. Sean O'Hanlon had opened the scoring for the home side - but Oakes made it 1-1.

Stockport and Swansea will also have to play again after a goalless draw at Edgeley Park.



log in