It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Bears pass on Couch

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The Chicago Bears won't sign free-agent quarterback Tim Couch. The top overall pick in the 1999 draft took a physical and worked out twice over the weekend for the team.

Couch was released by Cleveland after five seasons with the team. Hampered by a sore shoulder, he completed just 11-of-34 passes for 96 yards in three exhibition games for Green Bay, which signed him as a free agent.

In 59 regular-season games for the Browns, Couch threw for 64 touchdowns and 11,131 yards. But he was let go after last season. The Packers then released him on September 5.

Chicago, which has lost four straight to fall to 1-5, lost Rex Grossman for the season with a knee injury. Backup Jonathan Quinn, who has struggled in three starts, as well as rookie Craig Krenzel and Chad Hutchinson are also on the roster.

Sportsnetwork

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
another disappointment from Couch...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
and he had such high expectations, i kinda thought he was gonna be good eventually...

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think he will be a decent QB in the right system, much like Jake Plummer...

TRD

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So whats up with him if he was the top pick?

Has he failed to fulfil potential?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
He did have an OK season with the Browns, but fell out of favor with the fans, adn I think he kinda turned on them, too. But, I beleive he has the talent, just not the maturity yet. Maybe a season away from the game will help him grow up.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Couch is a choke. Just like Ryan Leaf.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BgirlRAIDERETTE20
Couch is a choke. Just like Ryan Leaf.

C'mon now, he's not quite that bad...

"I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
-Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

"I've known Peyton Manning for a long time and I really love the kid. But when I went and watched Ryan Leaf workout he was impressive. I came away excited about coaching Ryan Leaf. He is going to be a franchise guy." -fomer Chargers head coach & QB coach June Jones in 1998

"You can go five to ten years without getting a chance to draft a quarterback like this."
-former Chargers GM Bobby Beathard in 1998

"I've never seen an athlete work harder at destroying himself and his career than this guy."
-former Chargers GM Bobby Beathard circa 2000

"The best thing for me and the San Diego Chargers' organization was for me not to be there. Everything I did and messed up in, it was just done publicly. I definitely wasn't ready for it. I wasn't very mature and was kind of a jerk at some points."
-Leaf after he had signed with Seattle, May 2002

"It's probably the best thing for him to do. He took his money and ran."
-former Chargers teammate Rodney Harrison after hearing Leaf had retired in 2002.

LINK - where have you gone, Ryan Leaf?

new topics

top topics

join