It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: MLB Rumors and News 11/08/04

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yankees should bring back Clemens
New York Post

Post columnist Steve Serby thinks that the Yankees should sign Roger Clemens in the offseason.

Yankees' Williams would make way for Beltran
New York Daily News

The Daily News' Darren Everson reports that Bernie Williams is willing to give up his spot in centerfield if Carlos Beltran signs with the Yankees.

Garciaparra playing for contract
Chicago Sun-Times

Sun-Times columnist Jay Mariotti writes that Nomar Garciaparra could earn himself a "whopper contract" with the Cubs if he plays well down the stretch.

Next season could be Bonds' last
Oakland Tribune

The Tribune's Andrew Baggarly reports that Barry Bonds has said that there is a "good chance" that he will retire after next season.

Mets may re-sign Benson
New York Daily News

The Daily News' Adam Rubin reports that the Mets have begun talks with Kris Benson's agent about a contract extension.

Stadium fate affects Lowell
Miami Herald

The Marlins' pursuit of a new stadium took another twist this week, while Mike Lowell's future continues to dangle in the balance.

Counteroffers
Tampa Tribune

The Rays can expect to have counteroffers in hand from CF Rocco Baldelli and LF Carl Crawford by Friday. Tampa Bay offered both players six- year contracts worth about $23 million last week, two months after making initial overtures to their respective agents in June.

Radke in no hurry to get new deal
St. Paul Pioneer Press

The Twins say they intend to re-sign starting pitcher Brad Radke, who can become a free agent at season's end. Radke, 31, who is in the final season of a four-year, $36 million contract, said he hasn't heard a word from the Twins, but that doesn't concern him.

Rumors and News sources

Fox Sports

Pro Sports Daily

Ben

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
the Yankees should sign Clemens if he sticks around. With Nomar it seems as though he likes playing with the cubs.

TRD

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They was mad to let Clemens go in the first place. I know he retired so to speak but they should have got him back when he decided to play again.

[Edited on 11/8/04 by TRD]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
They was mad to let Clemens go in the first place. I know he retired so to speak but they should have got him back when he decided to play again.

[Edited on 11/8/04 by TRD]

They really had no choice in the matter, though.

And who really wants to see the Yanks be that dominate, anyway? Isn't being the most talented team enough?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Just heard Griffey Junior has a complete tear of his hamstring and is out for the season now...

"Oh dear" are the only words that come to mind right now.

Ben

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
i feel really bad for this kid, its obvious he trys so hard to stay heathly but it doesnt work.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
here is the story, your heart has to out to griffey, he just can't stay healthy

Press Release

08/11/2004 8:10 PM ET
Junior To Have Surgery

Reds CF Ken Griffey Jr. will have season-ending surgery to repair a torn right hamstring.
Reds medical director Dr. Timothy Kremchek will perform the surgery on Monday at Beacon Orthopaedic Center in Cincinnati.

Griffey suffered the injury on August 4 at SF while making a sliding catch in right field.

He hasn't started in a game since then, and an MRI today revealed the torn hamstring.

This season for the Reds Griffey hit .253 with 20 HR and 60 RBI in 83 games. He was elected to the All-Star Game starting lineup for the 12th time.

Griffey is expected to be placed on the 60-day disabled list. There is no other roster move at this time

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
What a shame. He plays his friggin heart out, but gets injured every year, playing in the city that he calls home. Is he a bona-fide Hall of Famer?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The home runs should get him in, but I personally want to see him play at least two injury-free seasons first.

Ben

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Imagine all the hits and home-runs he would have if he never got injuried

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon
The home runs should get him in, but I personally want to see him play at least two injury-free seasons first.

I thought he had some complete seasons while with Seattle.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yea, but I'd love to see some in this decade.

new topics

top topics

join