It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Government Trucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
My Aunt was driving up to Toledo (north/west)Ohio for a wedding, from Cincinnati when about a 1/2 hour past Daton she and the car in front of her were passed by 2 Military Hummers, and one flat bed truck. When the truck passed them, both her and the car in front of her lost all power and wouldn't turn back on for a 1/2 hour. I know there is the Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton and have heard things about that base in the past. Was wondering if anyone has heard any similar stoires or, has any idea what they could have been hauling? To me it sounds like some sort of EMP (electro-magnetic pulse).

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Interesting...
I know the technology exists, but to my knowledge would disable the vehicle "permanently". Or at least until the components that were "disabled" could be replaced. Odd...looking forward to any other replies...

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Not always...sounds similar to the EMP interference with UFOs... It doesn't have to fry the electronics...just enough interference to prevent it working while in the vicinity...

Wright-Patterson (the original place UFO wreckage would go) certainly adds some interest to this account... I didn't think we were still bringing them down....odd.

Perhaps it's wreckage of one of our attempts, and the reactor was still active, etc. and they were just trying to get it out of there....

Really odd though, as the hummers and trucks would likewise cease to function, unless they were specifically EMP hardened....(which is possible...)

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Perhaps it's wreckage of one of our attempts, and the reactor was still active, etc. and they were just trying to get it out of there....

That could be possible except for one fact: The cars didn't stall as the trucks were coming to them, they stalled as they were passed. And the trucks were long gone by the time the engines were able to start. Perhaps the trucks just left an EMP mine which stopped working after a half hour...

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Not necessarily... If the wave was projected from the back of the trucks, then it would only disable things as they passed... The effect would linger a bit depending on wind, etc. as the air was still ionized...again, similar to how it happens with UFO encounters...

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Was there any other electronic devices in the car? Were they working? Cell phones? CD Players? Computers/PDAs?

Too bad you didn't get a picture taken. That would have been usefull.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by crayon
Was there any other electronic devices in the car? Were they working? Cell phones? CD Players? Computers/PDAs?

great questions

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
UFO sightings tend to take out the electronics as they're coming, and after they leave, it's usually pretty quickly that power comes back.

It wouldn't make sense for an Electromagnetic pulse to linger in the air, and that's what it sounds like happened to the cars. I'd be curious to know if it was just that the cars wouldn't start, but the say radio still worked, or if everything went dead. If the radio and other electronics still worked, I'm clueless.

Another possibility could be that they were still trying to drive as an EMP happened, and as a result their engines flooded, which would explain why it took about a half hour to get the cars started again.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I drive that very route from time to time...
Next time will be in January... I hope that I can experience something...

I have also wanted to stop by Wright Patterson, thought I'd pull up to the gate and ask where they keep the Aliens and UFO's, but then decided I didn't want to be arrested !

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I have also wanted to stop by Wright Patterson, thought I'd pull up to the gate and ask where they keep the Aliens and UFO's, but then decided I didn't want to be arrested !

lol I highly doubt you would get arrested, you'd probably be laughed at. If they arrested you, think of what that would be saying..."Woah, this guy's on to us!" They'd laugh at you, and then ask you to leave.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
it doesnt have to even be an emp. Most cars with fuel injections have a chip controling the flow of gas. A radio or microwave could disable the electronics of a car just as well as an emp. and emp would cause an visible overload sparks etc. you also have to take into account the most things with computer systems can also be hacked with microwaves or types of carrier waves. its as effective.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Typically with a microwave, though, it will fry the chip, disabling the car. I haven't seen any evidence of a microwave which will not destroy the electronics it's set up to disable. And if it was a microwave, that would imply it was directed at the cars, in which case it would cause one to ask: Why?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Use a Diesel engine gentlemen. Even without any electricity the engine will still running 4 a long moment. So EMP or not, your engine won't stop.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
maybe, but even a deisel engine can't take an RPG

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
maybe, but even a deisel engine can't take an RPG

I guess you're talking about the RPG-7 rocket. What's your point ? We're talking about EMP and not RPG.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Most cars with fuel injections have a chip controling the flow of gas. A radio or microwave could disable the electronics of a car just as well as an emp. and emp would cause an visible overload sparks etc. you also have to take into account the most things with computer systems can also be hacked with microwaves or types of carrier waves. its as effective.

Interesting point...

It could even be some different type of wave altogether...whether UFO, or just top secret our stuff....

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It makes you wonder how far they were going and if vehicles were being disabled the entire trip.

When they finally got moving, did they come across other vehicles that were dead.

Did the engine try and turn over or did it do nothing when they turned the key?

Did they just sit there for 1/2 hour trying to start the car until it finally started?

new topics

top topics

join