It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesian Flight Missing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A commercial Adam Air passenger air craft with over one hundred people on board has lost contact with flight controllers. The flight was between the Indonesia's Islands of Java and Sulawesi. More the five hours has passed since its scheduled arrival time. Aviation authorities were still gathering information which might have picked up a signal from the missing air craft. The flight ran into some very bad weather and would have run out of fuel by now. The flight should have been two hours. The missing plan is a Boeing 737-400.

www.iht.com
JAKARTA, Indonesia: A commercial Adam Air passenger plane with more than 100 people onboard lost contact with flight controllers Monday on flight between Indonesia's Java and Sulawesi islands, officials said.

Adam Air flight KI-574 was still missing more than five hours after the scheduled arrival time.

A senior Transport Ministry official, Ichsan Tatang, said aviation authorities were gathering information from other flights which "might have picked up the plane's distress signal."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

My first thought is that this is a horrible accident. However until the plane is found there will be no way to know for sure. If the plane went down in the water the data recorders will be able to be found from the beacons. Also if the plane broke apart there should be debree floating.
Should it be worse then an accident, meaning terror, the data recorders will hopefully answer that question also.
On this holiday lets all offer a prayer for the families of those on the missing flight.

Related News Links:
www.newsone.ca

www.myfoxstl.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Grand Terrorism Over Christmas Holiday

[edit on 1-1-2007 by RedGolem]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hear is some of what is hapening.

The Boeing Co. 737-400 jet operated by PT Adam Skyconnection Airlines, was flying from Surabaya in East Java to Manado in North Sulawesi when air traffic controllers lost contact with the aircraft, M. Ikhsan Tatang, the country's director general for air transport, said yesterday.

Navy rescuers said distress signals were detected from an area in north Sulawesi and a point in the Makassar Strait, the British Broadcasting Corp. reported on its Web site. Bad weather is hampering the search operation, which will resume today.

The Indonesian authorities are also mounting an operation to find survivors from a ferry that sank off Central Java province four days ago carrying more than 570 passengers and crew. More than 140 people have been rescued and other survivors have been sighted by search aircraft.

Bloomberg

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If any one cares hear is what was found.

JAKARTA: A passenger jet belonging to Indonesian carrier Adam Skyconnection Airlines carrying 102 passengers crashed in a mountainous area in West Sulawesi province Monday afternoon, killing 90 on board, according to official sources.

The plane was earlier reported missing and the wreckage was spotted by an emergency search plane in the mountainous region near the Polewali town Tuesday morning. Initial teams of rescue operators which reached the scene found at least 90 bodies at the crash site. Police in Polewali town said there were 12 survivors.

The Boeing 737-400 was flying from Subrabaya in East Java to Manado in North Sulawesi when it lost contact with the air traffic control. Authorities said there were thick clouds and strong winds in the area when the plane lost contact.
www.earthtimes.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">sorce

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hear is a new twist to a twist.

In a staggering twist to the search for an aircraft, senior Indonesian officials said Tuesday reports the jet with 102 people on board had been found on Sulawesi island were flat-out wrong and it was still missing.
Various officials recounted earlier how wreckage of the Adam Air Boeing 737-400 had been found after crashing into mountains in heavy rain.

There were reports how 12 people had survived the crash and were being cared for by villagers.

Standard

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
A 737-400 is a large aircraft, and surely had a lot of fuel on board, If it did crash, and they do know the flight path, and the point of last radio contact, or distress call, it should have been fairly easy to find, if it had crashed in water, there would have been a lot of floating debris, and a large oil slick created by the fuel, if it crashed on land, there would have been a very thunderous explosion, smoke and fire.. visible for a good distance.

It makes no sense to me for them to claim they found it, and have survivors, then several hours later apologize for making an erroneous report, and the plane is once again missing.

If the above is true, what a strange turn of events.

Speculation on my part... It could be possible that the plane was hijacked and perhaps diverted, landed and negotiations with the hijackers is ongoing?

Same scenario except it was intercepted and shot down?

Same scenario, except the plane was able to evade radar and has not been found?

Or I suppose they are telling the truth, and the plane will soon be found.

No matter what the ultimate outcome what a very unusual story this has evolved into.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I am really glad to hear there were survivors. They were truly lucky people. Its not often that people survive a plane crash when it does happen. I hope they all recover quickly. I feel for the others who were not so lucky. I hope none of them suffered.

Pie

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
ThePieMaN, there are no survivors yet according to current news, read up through the thread above.

Officials have now recanted the story that the plane had been found, and apologized for the erroneous reports including the reported survivors.

The plane is once again missing.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
ThePieMaN, there are no survivors yet according to current news, read up through the thread above.

Officials have now recanted the story that the plane had been found, and apologized for the erroneous reports including the reported survivors.

The plane is once again missing.

Sheesh! I was just reading on Google news that 12 people survived. Damn. Well since this was erroneous, lets hope that none are lost and all survived and they emergency landed safely. Maybe this will be a turn for the better. That would be a good way to start off the New year if they are found to be alive and well.

I am still surprised that their info on this is so innaccurate. Terrible.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I think UM_Gazz hit on a very good point. Why, if they said that the plane had crashed, and that 12 passengers survived, did they retract that statement? Did they or did they not find survivors? And if they did find 12 people from an apparently crashed airplane, why is the other one still missing? Or is this one a different plane altogether?

I think this is turning into something that Rod Serling would have loved.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Yes this is turning into a strange story indeed. I am not familiar with what all in in between the planes flight path so I don't know if it could have landed and being kept a secrete but thanks for all the points you made. Hear is all I could find on this situation today.

Indonesian authorities are still searching for a passenger jet that disappeared two days ago while carrying 102 people to Sulawesi, after the government yesterday incorrectly said the wreckage and 90 bodies had been found.

The plane, operated by PT Adam Skyconnection Airlines, was flying from Surabaya in East Java to Manado in North Sulawesi on Jan. 1 when contact was lost with air traffic controllers at Makassar airport.

``If it crashed into jungle terrain, it could be quite difficult'' to find, said Graham Braithwaite, head of the department of air transport at Cranfield University in the U.K. ``If it's a large area and particularly if the weather is rough, the sea is rough, the wreckage could scatter easily.''

Bloomberg

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Still NOTHING found.

Now Indonesian officials are calling for help from the international community in the search for this missing plane.

Curiouser and curiouser.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Still saying they have found nothing. To quote Gazz curiouser and curiouser.

Despite three frantic days of searching by sea, land and air, Indonesian authorities said Thursday they had failed to find a crash site for a missing commercial airliner with 102 people aboard.

"Until this stage, we have received no reports of any trace being found," Samuel, an official at the National Search and Rescue Agency in Makassar, the capital of South Sulawesi province, told Deutsche Presse-Agentur dpa by telephone. "There is still no word on the missing airliner."

Adam Air flight KI-574 was carrying 96 passengers, including three US citizens, and a crew of six when it disappeared on Monday afternoon.
playfulls

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
"

An Indonesian jetliner that vanished with 102 people aboard did not issue distress signals or report any mechanical problems, a top aviation official said Thursday, contradicting earlier reports.

This is CNN's last update..and it's very interesting ...now they annonce it didn't send any distress signals !!!

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Why don't they try looking in the most obvious place..... where they found 12 survivors??? I fail to see why there's been no followup by the media on this most interesting of points. Where's the media's collective head at?

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
There were no survivors (no casualties either) - that was a mistaken report.

So, the authorities can't very well look for the plane where the survivors were found, because, apparently, there were no survivors found.

Authorities claimed to have found the plane, with survivors, but it didn't happen (apparently).

Or, they did find the plane, and then decided they would rather tell us all they hadn't (for some reason).

Very interesting situation, can't say I have a clue what's going on. More and more though, I have a bad feeling about this...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I wonder....

Could it have been that some high-profile target we were after just happened to be on that plane, and that's why all the hush-hush is going on? I'm getting the distinct impression, by the way the media has backtracked, that they have found something of importance, and want to keep it under wraps. Maybe my mind's just racing with a nutty idea, but it does seem kinda odd to make a claim like that, and then turn it right around with what they did. Most strange indeed.... More thinking on this must be done.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
just thought I'd add to this little mystery.

news.indahnesia.com...

Justin Tumurang, 25, was waiting at the airport to pick up her twin sister, but she never arrived. "Being a twin, we share almost every feeling. I felt something was not right, and it grew worse. Now I feel pain," she said.

If there is some psychic connection with twins than I imagine that at least some of them have felt some pain.

After hearing about the UFO sighting in Chicago I'm maybe thinking that Aliens could have been behind this. This would explain why there is a coverup and why a random UFO popped into O'Hare. They were looking for a plane full of humans to abduct. They took a look around and decided it was just too busy. Then they went back to their leaders who gave the Aliens a scolding for not getting the valuble(they feed off our blood) humans. So the aliens were sent back to get some humans at any cost. They spotted the lonely Ailiner and counted their blessing for a 102 human would surely please the great leader.
The aliens stole the airliner and abused all it's inhabitants(hence the pain Justin felt) and replaced it with an old airliner full of dead(from being drained of too much blood) people that had previously gone missing years ago. Anyone know of any missing airliners that had about 90 people on it?

Well I think that explains everything. Anyone agree?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
S-D

I think you may be confusing the film Final Destination, Independence Day and some old vampire flick with a vivid imagination! Good idea for a film though.

I suspect the plane somehow veered off course due to pilot error / weather conditions and the rescuers are simply looking in the wrong place

MR

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If the plane for some reason went off course and continued north it would have entered the area known as The Dragon's Triangle. This is more or less the asian equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle, only this area has even more mysterious dissapearances... The area is between southern Japan, Guam and the Mariana island. Lies at the same latitude as the bermuda triangle. Can't find much on it by googling though. Only thought of it because I saw a documentary about it yesterday. From History Channel - UFO Files I believe. Here's a quick qoute from what I'm guessing is more os less an unreliable source, but it draws from legends and local folklore:

Less known, on the other side of the world, there exists a similar area of ocean known as the Dragon’s Triangle. The Dragon’s Triangle follows a line from Western Japan, north of Tokyo, to a point in the Pacific at approximate latitude of 145 degrees east. It turns west south west, past the Bonin Islands, then down to Guam and Yap, west towards Taiwan, before heading back to Japan in a north north easterly direction.
Both areas share stories of missing maritime vessels and aircraft, reports of malfunctioning navigational and communication equipment and tales of drifting, crewless ghost ships.

The Dragon’s Triangle in particular, bears testament to an ever-changing seascape. Islands and lands masses have formed and disappeared literally overnight through volcanic activity and seaquakes. Records reveal islands charted by experienced navigators, and documented as having been visited; yet years later no trace of these places could be found!

Another common factor is the existence of agonic lines - lines of no magnetic variation, along which the magnetic needle points directly north and south. The principle agonic line in the Western Hemisphere runs directly through the Bermuda triangle, whilst the principle agonic line in the Eastern Hemisphere runs through the Dragon’s triangle. Which in both cases often leads to extreme compass deviation in the surrounding area. For over a thousand years, possibly longer, the Japanese and their neighbours have recorded strange occurrences and disappearances. Ancient records tell of restless dragons surfacing from the depths, and taking unfortunate mariners back to their underground lairs. Legends dating back to c.1000Bc tell of underwater palaces inhabited by dragons and of a great slumbering dragon which lived in the cavern beneath the sea.

www.mysterymag.com... 97

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Pirates.

Pirates on board could force a landing, teams on the ground disassemble the plane, kill the passengers they don't like and kidnap the ones they do. That is why no distress signal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join