It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesian Flight Missing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

MAKASSAR, Indonesia (Reuters) -- The pilot of a missing Indonesian jetliner had twice altered his flight path due to bad weather before the plane disappeared from radar, an official said Friday, as U.S. experts arrived to probe the apparent crash.

Is it common this kind of collaboration between The two gov.s??

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernative
Is it common this kind of collaboration between The two gov.s??

I am no expert on government affairs but from what I remember it is not uncommon for an investigator from the U.S. to assist another country in time of crisis such as this. Also I remember that when a Boeing plane has a catastrophic failure Boeing will send a few people to see what they can find, that is just from what I have seen on the news, nothing that I know of to back that up.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   

"Whatever happened to the plane, it was likely rapid and catastrophic," said Patrick Smith, a U.S.-based airline pilot and aviation commentator, pointing to a possible massive structural failure due to metal fatigue or an onboard explosion.

Last update !!

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
That would require an actual plane to establish any kind of similar statement. So the question of the hour still stands: Where's the plane? Or is there a plane at all?

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
news.aol.co.uk...

related news.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Dorothy,
Thanks for the link. It sounds like the plane might have actually been found, although be it, if what was said is correct and the plane is spred out over several miles, that would be an indicator that the plane broke up in flight.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hear is a report with some more good points.

How can a 40-metre Boeing 737-400 vanish without trace in an age of sophisticated satellite monitoring and radar tracking?

No debris has been found despite a wide search of the area where the 18-year-old low-cost airliner is presumed to have crashed into the sea or the jungle ravines of western Sulawesi.

A report on Monday by an Indonesian Navy ship that it had detected three metal objects on the ocean floor north of the town of Mamuju in West Sulawesi province was yesterday being treated sceptically by Indonesian officials anxious not to further increase the anguish of the relatives and friends of the plane's missing passengers and crew.

sorce

Not only should there have been floating debree as the report states, but the data recorders are equiped with underwater beacons. Those at least should have been found. So again how does a large plane vanish?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Update,

A body has been found floating,

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Update,

A body has been found floating,

About the biggest break yet, Thanks for the info Asala.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Are we sure there's a body to actually look at? I mean, they said a plane crashed, and that 12 survivors were being cared for. They then retracted that statement.

So let's recap what we have seen so far:

1) Plane wreckage found, and 12 survivors being cared for.

2) Media comes out and says that no plane crashed, and no plane = no survivors to be being cared for. Where'd the 12 survivors go???

3) Now they find what might be a body floating in the water. Are they sure it's a body, and not something else, like an alligator?

Shouldn't this series of strange incidents, when put in chronological order, make someone look at them and go, "WTF??" I know I have. I'm just trying to figure out what the hell I missed here.

Anyone???

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Shouldn't this series of strange incidents, when put in chronological order, make someone look at them and go, "WTF??" I know I have. I'm just trying to figure out what the hell I missed here.

Borg,
To try to answer your question, what is missed hear is there were no reports of the underwater locator's beacons. There should have been one of them on each of the two data recorders. Some one earlier on this thread suggested piracy. That would require a large operation to dismantle the plane and sell on the black market. Also one report said the possible locations of mettle that was found was scattered over a large area, that shugests the plane broke up in flight, which would indicate a structural failer. If any more is said about the body that was found it would also help support that theory. So to summarize there is still a lot that we are not being told.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Which now begs the question: Why'd the story even break, if there was no real information, or evidence for that matter, available for release?

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Why'd the story even break, if there was no real information, or evidence for that matter, available for release?

Well a pice of floating debree was found and now a body, for what ever that is worth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join