It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Installation at NE Edward AFB ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   
lo guys,

while driving from mojave to barstow i saw a huge installation in the northeast corner @ edwards AFB. it sits on a mountain and looks like a space observatory or moutain cable car station. someone can give me nfo about it ? is it part of the air force research laboratory ? what is the purpose ?

tia

DK

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
could be a satalite tracking station a nex gen one cuz the ones my be outtadate or it could even be an early warning tracker for enemy craft missiles etc.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Around Nellis, Edwards and even Area 51 are a lot of mobile radar stations. They use them for testing aircraft stealthness.

This is a pic of a mobile radar station near Area 51's cedar gate. it is actually a 'PRV-11 SIDE NET' russian build radar station.
Source: www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Great pics!

Knowing little about aircraft I have to guess that mobile radar is to test bounce back vs varied terrain from test aircraft?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
nah, no radar station

these bulidings r huge cause they r miles away

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by derkomtur
lo guys,

while driving from mojave to barstow i saw a huge installation in the northeast corner @ edwards AFB. it sits on a mountain and looks like a space observatory or moutain cable car station. someone can give me nfo about it ? is it part of the air force research laboratory ? what is the purpose ?

tia

DK

Can you clarifiy the description a little bit? Are you talking about one of those facilities that looks like it has Giant Gulf Balls sitting next to it? If so it might be some kind of satellite tracking station.

Tim

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
it doesnt have giant gulfballs on september 14th while i came through.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
MAYBE I it is a machine room for an elevator to an underground secret part of the base.

new topics

top topics

join