It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

god quoting a new world order?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
been sifting through pages trying to find more unusual qutes from god. in this quote it looks almost like he is talking about the nwo...

"And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do; and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do."
Genesis 11:6

i dont know if thats a good or bad thing.
comments?

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The rest of this passage gives context:

7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

8 So the LORD scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel [a] —because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

Genesis 11:7-9 (NIV)

So he is obviously against this idea

I can see where you're getting your idea from and it does make some sense, but I think the NWO as presented by most conspiracists is quite different than what is described here.

[edit on 12/31/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The rest of this passage gives context:

7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

8 So the LORD scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel [a] —because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

Genesis 11:7-9 (NIV)

So he is obviously against this idea

I can see where you're getting your idea from and it does make some sense, but I think the NWO as presented by most conspiracists is quite different than what is described here.

but what happened after was not god's intent. god was even ANGRY to see everyone stop building and speaking different languages.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracymaster
but what happened after was not god's intent. god was even ANGRY to see everyone stop building and speaking different languages.

Can you please point out what verses you're talking about?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I think you needed to quoted a few more verses. The Bible also says that God scattered them all over the earth and confused their language so that they would not understand each other.

Genesis: 11:7-9

Let us then go down and there confuse their language, so that one will not understand what another says. Thus the Lord scattered them from there all over the earth, and they stopped building the city. That is why it was called Babel, because there the Lord confused the speech of all the world. It was from that place that he scattered them all over the earth.

Whoops...I see that djohnsto77 has already replied. But, I could also add that I don't find where it says that God was angry after he had confused their language and scattered them over the earth. Could you help me with this?

[edit on 12/31/2006 by Mahree]

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Can you please point out what verses you're talking about?

Thanks

its in my memory from reading... and somewhere in genesis, it is. cant find it at the moment but think about it..

if you were boss and told your workers to build a city and they stopped building halfway would you be happy?

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I don't think that it was God's idea for them to build the city.

Genesis, 11:4-5

Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the sky, and so make a name for ourselves; otherwise we shall be scattered all over the earth."

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   

if you were boss and told your workers to build a city and they stopped building halfway would you be happy?

God didn't order the Tower of Babel to be built, it was all the humans' idea, the full story is here:

Genesis 11:1-9

The Tower of Babel

1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As men moved eastward, [a] they found a plain in Shinar [b and settled there.
3 They said to each other, "Come, let's make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth."

5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. 6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

8 So the LORD scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel [c] —because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
okay both of you make good points. im probably wrong, this time. i should have read more on that but the bible is just too much information

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
That's OK conspiracymaster. Glad to help out. I find it helpful when this type of situation happens to me and someone sets me straight. djohnsto77 was on top of it, but I didn't realize that when I got started.

Happy New Year!

Ram

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Atleast you ended up speaking the same language in this thread.
So - Maybe that is how it works.

I can't be more specific about that.

I know so little about the bible.

And It has been rewritten and translated so many times - and into so many different religions that the source of the holy scriptures around the globe - is scattered.

I have begon to see it as a force in nature - what the scriptures tries to tell.

The meaning of the same language - could be gravity in some some way. we all know gravity.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I have come to believe that gravity is actually the force that pulls us into this life - from the lightest material existing - light.

And that the bible and many other scriptures of religion is an explanation of these forces. Just misunderstood so much that it creates the reverse effect of the balance and force being explained in the scriptures.

which leaves us to the same problem - Is religion being used to control large amount of people at given point in history - like an engine.
Are some people keeping the really hot stuff away from us - because the unexpected would happend.

Like the real force behind the scriptures would be released like a massive change of perception of seeing this place if the secrets be revealed - and truth would be different than the truths sourounding us - in form of a system currently telling us how to behave and act.

That if these secrets be revealed would make us - become our imagination not entrapped inside a system. That we could make what we imagine - and not stopped by money and what things cost to make these things happend.

People can't make beautiful homes for humans - because it cost money and no-body believes it's possible because the system will not allow it to be possible.

indeed our language has been seperated and we cannot understand the most simple things.

[edit on 31-12-2006 by Ram]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
all i gotta say is god says some weird things and alot of what he says has more then one meaning

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree
Whoops...I see that djohnsto77 has already replied. But, I could also add that I don't find where it says that God was angry after he had confused their language and scattered them over the earth. Could you help me with this?
[edit on 12/31/2006 by Mahree]

actually i cant find it either... i remember back in younger grades we had bible school and every one had a bible. these bibles were older and we were on genesis one time and i remembered clearly
the reason god scattered the people and changed their languages was becaue he was angry that they stopped building. so maybe what god intended was for everyone to act like one body or maybe im just crazy

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
But if there is a god the "god" that you're speaking of definately wants everyone to act as one. While it doesnt imply in the text that the person thing entity speaking wants everyone to have one language the language has been scattered so that there is more than one of them and it goes against his or her or herhis will. Retorically speaking the new world order will replace everyones religion and language with one world religion and language so that's what the passage is saying, am I right?

If we only knew the universal texts. You know that this text has been around for hundreds of years right, and that this text, is only with one of the texts about the new world order that is probably in the bible, that, and there are several proophecies about the new world order, right?

The New World Order is upon us my friend. Your judgment about what this passage says is as good as mine.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The 'babylon' that is mentioned in Genesis and the one you guys are discussing is the first of three 'babylonian' iterations talked about in the Bible. I guess it could have become a new world order if God had not intervened but it's obvious he had other plans and it's all clearly spelled out as far as I see it. If you are interested in the Bible and how it correlates to the coming new world order (3rd and FINAL iteration of Babylon) I think the best place to start is at the end of the Bible in Revelations:

www.jeremiahproject.com...

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark of his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark..." - Revelation 13:16-17

That so happens to be one of my favorite scriptures when it comes to the new world order.

If you will take the time and read ALL of Revelations I think you will be surprised. After you read Revelations go read Daniel... Why don't you just read the whole Bible while your at it?
It's not going to kill you.

The Bible predicted centuries before that Jesus would be born.

The Bible predicted Israel coming back into her land and becoming a nation.

Why not believe what it says about the new world order?

I don't expect all of you to understand this until you read the Bible for yourself with spiritual insight but the new world order and it's followers (pawns) are God's final instrument of judgement. God ALLOWS the beast/new world order power only for a short time so that his purpose (judgement) can be fullfilled...after that He will show up with the keys and that's going to be it.

Two important scriptures to try and understand.. because if you don't 'get' these, not much in the Bible will make sense to you. You have to understand how God controls things and how he does it without people really realizing it. Yes, God can control people without violating their free will.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Isa 66:4 I ALSO WILL CHOOSE THEIR DELUSIONS, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I CALLED, NONE DID ANSWER; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

You turn your back on God he will choose your delusions. When I read that I was like.. HOLY COW.

I don't think it would be a good idea to fight on the side of the new world order because of 3 things..:

1. You will be under a strong delusion.

2. You are going to loose. Any sense of victory that you might have will be TEMPORARY.. just when you think you are winning the floor will open up beneath you.

3. You are going to have a nasty surprise waiting for you in eternity.

Of course if you don't believe in the Bible and what it says then that will probably not mean much to you.

That's my two cents worth for right now.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
what do you say about this little brain teaser djohnsto 77???

www.jeremiahproject.com...

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark of his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark..." - Revelation 13:16-17

top topics

join