It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which video editing software?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I have some UFO footage I would like to upload to my webspace, but I could do with some advice.

I basically need some software that can zoom in and highlight an area of video, since the UFO data I have captured is small and when compressed looks like nothing more than a blip. I would like to slow the footage down, zoom in and maybe add some effects to try and emphasise the objects I have captured.

I can use MS Movie Maker but its effects are limited. So..can you please recommend some good software? I have been told that Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere 2.0 are good. The output format is streamed video (flash), and it's resolution will be 320 x 240.

Thank you for taking the time to read my request.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by Ross Cross]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well the best you could probably get would be Final Cut Pro but this is a Macintosh only program as far as I'm aware.

Sony Vegas is what I use when it comes to the windows platform, but Premier is a very respectable effort.

I'm going to assume though that your not going to want to splash out on expensive professional software, quiet understandable. Doing a bit of searching I found this:

www.jakeludington.com...

Which talks about an addon for WMM that has pan and zoom effects, however it says nothing about highlighting specific areas.

My personal advice would to be to download a 30 day free trial for Sony Vegas and do what you want with the videos you have. It can be downloaded here:

www.sonymediasoftware.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ulead Video Studio 10 trial version

I use Ulead VideoStudio 8 and I think it's great! Above is the newest version of this program which has a 30 trial. I have Sony Vegas installed on my computer too but I never use it because Ulead's program has everything Vegas does yet it's much easier and more intuitive to work with than Sony's program --

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Unlead VideoStudio is ok but it can lead you to false conclusions like this www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which can get debunked fast like this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would suggest to the OP to get something cheap or free to start out. I used Avid Free DV to debunk the footage above with my own footage. And it works fine.

www.avid.com...

[edit on 30-12-2006 by crijack]

top topics

join