It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Space agency spills the beans on UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Sorry if posted earlier.

French Space Agency

Maybe others will follow suit

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Just to keep it clear, it looks like they're making their archive of sightings and reports available online. As opposed to "spilling the beans"... i.e. letting out any particular secret or disclosing a coverup of any kind.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It'll be interesting to read the alleged multiple descriptions of the same event, maybe something to it

We'll have to hope they're intending to make this available in English.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Perhaps just perhaps this is the begining of disclosure. Don't underestimate the importance of this statement from the French. I salute them for this bold move and perhaps this will start a wave of other govenment or offical bodies doing the same around the world. Was anyone expecting this? I don't think so and why now whats prompted this now?

Ironfist

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If disclosure is to be had by any government, it will be a long drawn out process so that the public can digest it. Perhaps it was started long ago.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Are there any well known French UFO cases?
It would be nice to have a well documented UFO case to cross reference with this new archive.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I agree that Disclosure will be a slow process but once it starts and people start to pay attention the slow dripping water can soon become a flowing gush before you get the full flow. (sorry for the metaphors).

I just think this is a postitive move. I can't wait to see the site once its up and running. The Reuters article states the reasons why they are making the disclosure which to me sound a bit lame but will these documents be blanked outwith nothing relavant on them only time will tell.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yes, it is a commendable move on their part but lets not forget that the mexican and belgian governments have also disclosed many facts. I don't remember the exact dates but I am sure they already have. Lets see which governments/countries will be next.

I believe the american and british governments have also loosened their tight grip to some degree. Hints: The state of nevada is actually encouraging people to visit area 51 but at the same time they are arresting tresspassers. Very contradictory but I can see the reasoning. The reasoning is drive along "extra-terrestial" highway in the hope you will see some ufo action but please don't enter the "ghost base"

Another very encouraging aspect is that they allow documentaries of classic ufo cases to be broadcast on tv. If they were really fascist oriented they wouldn't be allowing it!

The conclusion is somewhat mixed. Yes and No. Allow some info but not all. Very gray area indeed!

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
THe thing to remember is this is a major player in the world and a member of NATO. THey have conducted a very high level investigation in the past ...I think it was called he COMETA Report? that was only published once and then dark holed we might get to look at this.

Ironfist

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironfist
THe thing to remember is this is a major player in the world and a member of NATO. THey have conducted a very high level investigation in the past ...I think it was called he COMETA Report? that was only published once and then dark holed we might get to look at this.

COMETA report was not done by NATO, though it may have had NATO connections. THe Cometa report was originally published in French, but there is an English translation PDF file that is downloadable on the web. If you Google it, you will most likeley find.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   

COMETA report was not done by NATO, though it may have had NATO......

ZooMer,
I was reffering to the fact that France is a member of NATO and The french are a major player in the world. Thank you for letting me and everyone know the report can be found in the internet
I'll do a search for it.

Does anyone know of any good French UFO sighting that can be researched or the type of things reported by the French in the past that we have heard about. The Reuters article says that the stuff the Space agency will release willl be mainly on a single sighting??

[edit on 30-12-2006 by ironfist]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Good! This isn't a lot of information but at least it's something. I wonder what prompted them to take this action. Usually you can't get info out of a government without making a major stink first. Why did they volunteer?

Ram

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I WANT PICTURES!!

I can't read french anyway...
pourlafur ..thank you merci...somthing.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Don't worry RAM you can always use yahoo Babel

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I want you guys to do a Google search and watch the documentary called "Secret Space". Your lives will never be the same again. Debates will spring from it for sure.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZoooMer
It would be nice to have a well documented UFO case to cross reference with this new archive.

I wouldn't doubt it. Afterall, unfiltered cigarettes, wine, and a snotty attitude are hot comodities in the galaxy aren't they

jk, I love France. I would suggest the National UFO Database- google it. It's a site and organization that allows you to post UFO sightings.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
I want you guys to do a Google search and watch the documentary called "Secret Space". Your lives will never be the same again. Debates will spring from it for sure.

You had me until i saw david icke.....

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The last paragraph in the article sums it up perfectly. It says:

Advances in technology over the past three decades had prompted the decision to put the archive online

Denying the existence of UFO's is becoming like denying the earth is round. The evidence for Ufology is overwhelming and as we become more technologically advanced, we need to explore from the standpoint that they do exist, not that they might exist. We might be able to find out so many things if people just began to see the obvious. The article also points out that some of these accounts are from pilots and these people want to remain private. These people are not trying to cash in on their sightings and many people who witness these things keep it private. After awhile when you hear from airline pilots, people in the military, Presidents, high ranking govt. officials, police officers and well respected people in the community, you have to ask when does skepticism become dogmatic in nature. A skeptic is one who is suppose to seek the truth wherever it leads. With Ufology you have both direct and circumstantial evidence. We send people to death row with less evidence. I'm glad the French have given in to reason. To deny Ufology does not hold water and this goes for some paranormal events as well. When skepticism becomes dogmatism then reason suffers.

“The day Science begins to study nonphysical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all previous centuries of its existence.” NIKOLA TESLA

[edit on 30-12-2006 by polomontana]

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I would just caution people about getting to excited about disclosure. It's no secret that the French via CNES have an active interest in UFOs and UFO reports and have been planning this "public archive" for a while now. I am just very happy to see that it actually has happened though.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZoooMer

there are several french ufo sightings that are considered to be serious cases because they involved highly credible witnesses ( military and civilian pilots and radar) and also close encounters. Good examples are described in the Cometa report as a matter of fact.
For example "Valensole 1965" and "Cussac 1967" are quite interesting cases..

[edit on 31-12-2006 by DarkSide]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join