It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam To Be Executed At Dawn Tommrw

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
News just coming in from saddams defence lawyer saying that he will be exicuted at dawn tomorrow

links as more info comes in

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
apprently it could also be filmed and exposed to the world on saturday

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

- U.S. officials have transferred former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein to Iraqi custody, the chief defense lawyer told Reuters on Friday in an indication that Saddam's execution may be imminent.

Link (not exatcly about his exectution )

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think this is what you may be looking for -

Executed within hours

The judge that will make sure Saddam dies in execution said that there has been a request to have him executed on Saturday - the holy day of the Haj - but that approval must be given.

They want to execute him on that holy day as a 'gift to the Iraqi people'.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I am still not convinced that Saddam Hussein is such a terrible criminal. I sympathize for him, I have not seen a case made that holds tight enough to execute him. For Pete's sake, we have killed more Iraqis than the number of #es, or whoever it was that hussien killed 25 years ago.

Wake up people, what is going on?

We aren't even looking for Bin Laden who "allegedlly" was responsible for 9/11, yet we are ready for a mob public hanging of Saddam for a crime done in 1982.

Get real.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I am still not convinced that Saddam Hussein is such a terrible criminal.

The facts should have convinced you that he is a criminal. You should have known this long before now.

- www.pbs.org...
- www.npr.org...
- www.moreorless.au.com...
- www.state.gov...
- www.usaid.gov...
- www.cnn.com...
- www.9neesan.com... (disturbing pictures)
- news.bbc.co.uk...
- www.blackfive.net...
- www.foxnews.com...
- sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

we have killed more Iraqis .....

That's flat out wrong. Read the links.

Originally posted by interestedalways
Get real.

Back atchya.

[edit on 12/29/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
News coming in that the Iraqi Pm has signed saddams death warrant sealing his fate

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Disgustipated

That's interesting. Wonder how they're going to do it so as not to turn him into a martyr. I hope they don't give him time to make provocative statements or grandstand. That could be bad.

Thanks for the info. Chilling.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Wonder how they're doing to do it so as not to turn him into a martyr.

Saddam facts

When you look at the facts about Saddam .. all the death and suffering he has caused ... it is hard to believe that anyone in the muslim world would consider him a martyr. But then again, you never know.

edited for spelling

[edit on 12/29/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
FlyersFan

Especially the ones who are offering to slip the noose over his head.
or, maybe they just want to make sure he's comfortable?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So when the Americans hand over "Saddam" to the Iraqis, do you really think they are going to hang the real Saddam
So no matter what the imposter face looks like, they are going to just check his name tag before the hanging at the gallows.

They may even let Saddam escape

Run Saddam Run !!!

Eh, I guess it's not really funny..... especially when it's a unjust War.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
They want to execute him on that holy day as a 'gift to the Iraqi people'.

Here you go Iraqi people. Here is your Christmas present, Ding Dong the Witch is Dead, the wicked witch is dead. Everything is going to be just fine now, Haliburton is in charge. Your future is thier top priority.

Scapegoat

I found this interesting in a link you provided.
"Hussein's father dies while his mother is pregnant with him. When an older brother also dies during the pregnancy Hussein's mother tries to abort the foetus and commit suicide but is stopped by a neighbouring Jewish family."

Sounds like a line from Rosemary's Baby.

The quote came from this link, (so I don't break the rules on external sources?)www.moreorless.au.com...

[edit on 29-12-2006 by interestedalways]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
this is not good. it is going to blow up in everybody's face, mark my word both the US and the iraqi puppet government are going to end up ruing this day.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Is executing him on the Holiest day of the Haj (or during the Haj at all) really a good idea? Is this going to usher in the 'year of peace' the US admin has spoken of 2007 as being?

won't this actually anger muslims everywhere?

Why is this being so rushed anyway?

Couldn't they at least take the christmas decorations down before executing someone (goodwill n all that?)

And is showing the execution on mass TV really a bad idea? Are we going back to public executions now?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This is just theater of the absurd. So the President and the rest of his clones can come on TV and brag about how the world is safer and what a great job they have done on ridding the world of a despot. It's just an event, created for the powers that be to, blow their own horn and try to cover up what a poor job they have done at nation building.

That wasen't Saddam they pulled out of that spider hole. That was also a created media event. It's so transparent, it's laughable!

[edit on 29-12-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
G'day all,

In response to Xphiles quote of "So when the Americans hand over "Saddam" to the Iraqis, do you really think they are going to hang the real Saddam So no matter what the imposter face looks like, they are going to just check his name tag before the hanging at the gallows. "

I'd have to agree with you 100% on this one mate. I have also just raid a posting in the annonymous ATS area that some one mentioned the same thing. Saying on the way to the gallows, US special op's team will switch the real saddam with a drugged look a like to hang instead and remove the real one to safety.

If he is placid just before his hanging you know it's a fake, for the real Saddam would be yelling out rehtoric to secure his place as a matyr for his people when he dies, dont you think?

The Yanks, will take him away and bring him back on to the scene in a year or two to make it look like he has risen from the dead (yeah, I know the idea is twisted) but this they hope will reinforce the Iraqi peoples support of him, and the Yanks want to force an armaegeddon scenario with him as the baddy.

Either way, he should have gone to a proper trial, with full investigations on WHO, funded him, WHO supported him, all the companies and countries that had ties with his regime should get a big $#@$ in the rear for it, but it wont happen because the US wants him out fast before any of their past business dealings with him are exposed.

Hypocricy in it's greatest form....this is not complete justice.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

We aren't even looking for Bin Laden who "allegedlly" was responsible for 9/11, yet we are ready for a mob public hanging of Saddam for a crime done in 1982.

That is most likely because he is dead. I think Bin Laden is probably dead.

I am not sure why they are rushing it all of a sudden, something is really shady about this, or he accidentaly died already or something, but the whole thing makes no sense.

I really worry about riots in that part of the world if that happens. I mean I have read something that says that the Iraqui people identify with their leader, if it's true, will not some of them, be angry if he dies?

I don't know, I still think he might already be dead, maybe that's the reason for the rush job.

For the record, I think it's a bad idea, it just feels wrong. Don't get me wrong, I think he should pay for his crimes, but I just don't see why they don't just let him rot in jail like other prisoners.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Don't hold your breath people...it might take longer than everyone thinks...

Earlier reports from various news organs that deposed Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein has been transferred from US custody to Iraqi control have now been cast into doubt, according to reports from Agence France Presse and Reuters. Speculation continued on the timing of the execution, with some sources reporting that Iraq's Prime Minister was seeking a judgment from Shi'ite clerics on when the hanging could go forward.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
He will be hanged sooner than u think dear !

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Or later than you think. He will be hanged, but I'm just saying it might not be as early as everyone is reporting.

p.s. I'm not your dear, so don't call me it. Thanks.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join