It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl with wings in India

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
.......a college students stunt!
What a sham! (and I believe it was intended to be)
The whole 'production' was a badly acted farce from the start.
It may convince a few guillable minds but one certainty is that you won't see any oscars handed over for this video short!

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
AS lysergic said.

Better acting in pron.

This was staged, overacted..and actually looked like something from an amateur version of MadTV..

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The very good quality of the footage itself indicates that its not a normal tourists video camera too.

That's a good point. I wish we knew exactly what kind of camera was used. If it was a film camera then this would be better evidence of its authenticity.

I don't think it was intended to be put on the news or major media outlets or anything like that.

In this day and age!! With wide audiences on the internet viewing things on websites such as youtube and google?! You must be kidding.

Also, if this had been a fake, then the perpetrators would probably have used feathery wings to make the girl seem more angelic.

Humans don't grow feathers, so its a little more convincing that it'd be projections of skin, rather than white feathery angel wings.

Then they would have labeled the video batgirl rather than angelgirl. If a "fake" video is going to be made that purports to show an ANGEL girl I think the people making the video would have put feathery wings instead of wings that are bat-like. That is more logical.

I don't want to beleive its a fake, I don't think any of us want to beleive its a fake. When you just look at the video, you can tell that its a scripted commercial production.

No you can't tell that it is scripted at all. It's what you want to believe that tells you it's scripted. It is as convincing as any authentic piece of documentary or news footage that I have seen. The people seem that they are just being themselves. Especially when the woman became hysterical. I think it was to be expected when a person is in such a dark cellar and all of a sudden she catches sight of a girl with wings. It is probably the same reaction most of us would have had.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCP
Can anyone type: The Blair Witch Project

That's exactly what I was thinking. I think it's a decent clip, but (as someone else said) definitely for a class or something along those lines. Perhaps part of a viral campaign, but more along the lines of a video game or something on the SciFi channel than any kind of blockbuster. I can easily see a game coming out now where you're fighting winged people (or as one).

About all I can say about the wings though is that they didn't look CGI to me. It'd be an easy prop to make though, just a couple of wire coat hangers and some pantyhose I'd imagine would work fine, especially with the jittery camera.

I think everyone else has done a decent job of knocking down the structure of the scenes and the acting, etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay

Originally posted by krax
I was just watching videos on you tube when I came across this, i'm not sure whether i believe this or not, the reaction and wings seem real, so please tell me what you think.

Link

Very convincing video. (snip)

There are more things in Heaven and Earth... This is why many people want to believe it is fake and imagine evidence of fakery that isn't there. Reality is strong medicine and can be too shocking for some people to take.

Skyway, honestly. Suspension of disbelief is one thing, but please do me a favor and watch the first fifteen seconds of the video a few times. Look at the actors. Listen to their dialogue. Only in advertising (and especially online advertising) will you see acting that transparent. Add in the high production values, and you get: marketing dollars.

I may not know a lot about paranormal reality, or be able to prove any of it, but I can tell you a lot about viral video campaigns, and how every advertising agency in the country (including my own) is busy making more and more of them. I've worked on many of them. This was a particularly obvious example.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike
Do you think i haven't ever wished to see an angel?
A real one, not a hoax

But this was not an angel. It was a human being with wings. That is what is so startling about it. You may wish to see an angel but if you caught sight of someone like the girl with the wings I suspect you would do a 180' turn and break warp speed out of there! Which what the people in the video did.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by skip_brilliantine
Skyway, honestly. Suspension of disbelief is one thing, but please do me a favor and watch the first fifteen seconds of the video a few times. Look at the actors. Listen to their dialogue. Only in advertising (and especially online advertising) will you see acting that transparent. Add in the high production values, and you get: marketing dollars.

I may not know a lot about paranormal reality, or be able to prove any of it, but I can tell you a lot about viral video campaigns, and how every advertising agency in the country (including my own) is busy making more and more of them. I've worked on many of them. This was a particularly obvious example.

In our age most of us are very experienced in observing people on screens of various types. We are a video generation who have seen every variety of television and movie and video cassetes and stuff on the internet. So, we are all experienced in viewing actual fakes that have been presented in various media, and we are also very experienced in viewing people on the screen that were NOT faking. As a result, most of us have developed an ability to detect when someone on video or television are faking and when they are being genuine. Therefore, it should be apparent to most people who are honest with themselves that the people in the video are being genuine and not faking.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

...Therefore, it should be apparent to most people who are honest with themselves that the people in the video are being genuine and not faking.

I said acting, not faking.

Anyway, thanks for outlining your process. I'll attempt to change your mind no more.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by skip_brilliantine
I said acting, not faking.

Anyway, thanks for outlining your process. I'll attempt to change your mind no more.

You are welcome! As for acting or faking, the point I am trying to make is that the people are being genuine...themselves....unscripted...REAL!

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by finallianstallion

Originally posted by reaganero
i like how the "winged indian girl" is wearing a shirt. they must sell those at the indian gap.

I hope that doesnt mean that you think that they dont have t-shirts in India. If yes then you REALLY must think again...

no, i'm pretty sure my joke was obvious that the wings go through the shirt meaning a beast like that probably wouldn't be wearing one. unless they bought it at the winged beast section at the indian local gap. if you keep it in the basement all locked up would you really clothe it? maybe so, i 've seen dogs with sweaters and such. nevermind.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by reaganero]

kix

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Where is John Constantine .... WHEN WE NEED HIM?

We need KEANU REEVES....

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Definitely a fake. She obviously can't use the wings to fly. And, besides she was cowering on what appears to be a makeshift bed of sorts. Don't you think her wings would have been in a prone position if she was cowering? Instead, they are flapping uselessly.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Very convincing video. I have seen many of the current movies produced by professionals in Hollywood with special digital effects that show dragons and demons with wings, but I have never seen anything that compares with the winged girl in this video. Her wings are very real looking and move in a very realistic natural manner.

Just because they weren't computer generated special effects doesn't mean they weren't fake. I could have made wings like that for about $25 worth of supplies. I could probably make them move, too, with some wire and springs (or something like that.)

It was very interesting to see the way the girl held her hands over her face. If this had been a fake she probably would have wanted to show her face instead of hide it to gain notoriety.

Why? This plot of this video was that the Indian men were hiding the girl in the basement. I would expect her to be covering her face in shame. In this ficticious film, the Indian men definitely didn't want the outside world to see this winged girl.

Also, if this had been a fake, then the perpetrators would probably have used feathery wings to make the girl seem more angelic. Instead we see she has leathery wings.

Aside from the video title (and I don't know if that is the original title), who's to say that the original filmmakers wanted to make her look like an angel? Maybe they were trying to make her look like a demon.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

But this was not an angel. It was a human being with wings. That is what is so startling about it. You may wish to see an angel but if you caught sight of someone like the girl with the wings I suspect you would do a 180' turn and break warp speed out of there! Which what the people in the video did.

The only human being i know to have wings (no matter if they white feathered or black), is Angel. It is not only mentioned in the Bible, but in others religions as well.

Most important, the girl was full of fear to have her hands before her eyes, so what was the reason these guys starting running away.

And something more, this guy (let's hypothecate its true) seams to have seen this ''angel'' before he brings the girl with him. Why was he running away this time? Fine, its your first time you see something like that, but with the second?

Thus, i am telling you that something is not right here

[edit on 29-12-2006 by Dragonlike]

DCP

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
here is a conspiracy theory:

Since this was linked to ATS the video's site just got a bunch of hits and free pub. Krax, do you have anyting to do with making this movie in any way?(if you are the hot hot hottie girl 2u2 me
)

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
To make matters worse, the wings are too small for her body size. Wings are modified with such analogies so when the animal pushes them downwards the pressure from the air to surface should lift the rest body structure upwards. Law of act and reaction.

en.wikipedia.org...

Besides, have a look at the birds to see their wings and body structure silhouette...

Generally speaking, If DCP is right then i don't want the above to be off assistance for more hoaxes. Instead of that find something else to do.
Again generally speaking

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
could a mod close or move this please. this is obviously 100% fake and just cluttering up the board...

if the wings weren't done in AFTER EFFECTS. Then they were made by pupeteers.

i can't belive people are foolish enough to this this is a real video....

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hello what is there to argue?! There is no such thing as humans with wings. Thats all just folklore and myths. If it were real, she would be in a lab heavly gaurded being researched, like she should be. Any human with such abnormalities such as wings, telekenesis, energy powers or whatever needs to be locked away from society and studied. they pose a danger to the general population. It would probably just be a devil that escaped form hell anyways and dipatched with haste.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Cool Video Fake or not

As for the Acting of the Camera people,
People Do kind of Over act when On Camera, I do it all the time and you alway Over aware of the camrea and what you say and do which gives you an Un natural feel.

But the thing that tells me its Fake is If you let it all load then Skip through to where you see the Two Indians Pause through it and you'll see the one on the right With a BIG GRIN ON HIS FACE! laughing his head off?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Just because they weren't computer generated special effects doesn't mean they weren't fake. I could have made wings like that for about $25 worth of supplies. I could probably make them move, too, with some wire and springs (or something like that.)

Oh, if it's that easy then please do it! We will all wait to see you duplicate the appearance and actions of the wings on the girl.
Talk is cheap!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join