It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl with wings in India

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike
Most important, the girl was full of fear to have her hands before her eyes, so what was the reason these guys starting running away.

Probably because the sight of the girl was so startling. People are frightened and panicked at most things that are unknown, and the more unknown the more they will panic and scatter.

And something more, this guy (let's hypothecate its true) seams to have seen this ''angel'' before he brings the girl with him. Why was he running away this time? Fine, its your first time you see something like that, but with the second?

Perhaps he was running from the men who chased them.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike
To make matters worse, the wings are too small for her body size.

That's what is said about bumble bees. They are not supposed to fly. But they fly just the same. Truth is stranger than fiction!

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
if you pause the video in time when there is 2 men try to pause it when you see the face of the guy behind the guy who gets angry and you can see that he's actually laughing and you can tell in his face that he's not serious just a figurant.

the camera was not supposed to see his face i don't think so...

it's prety hard to pause it when you can see his face because it's very quick.

so yeah this is most likely fake, the wings are badly made, the door is locked but yet it's open, the second harabic guy laughts and is out of character because it was not meant to be seen... and many other things...

Im not saying it's impossible for something like this to happen but the video we are talking about here is so fake it's not even funny.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
if you pause it and move the slider at the point when the two guys who are down there with the girl come into frame, the first one looks mean like he wants them to leave, but the guy on the right looks like he is smiling!? also the bad acting is there too, and i agree the words seemed forced.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

That's what is said about bumble bees. They are not supposed to fly. But they fly just the same. Truth is stranger than fiction!

Bees are inscects and have different physiognomy.

Here are some pictures of them. There is also a version you didn't take into consideration. Although, the inscect's wing is organdy and small it ''whirrs''. That's the key. These wings are vibrating so much that give the rest of the body a movement upwards. That's the buzz you hear.

Birds, on the other hand need the suitable analogies of wings to fly distant ranges. One flap is enough to travel them up to the clouds, while inscects vibrating all the time just to stand one metre above ground. Look, the poor chicken's wings. They are so small that allow it to fly only a few metres.

Link

Domestic chickens are not capable of long distance flight, although they are generally capable of flying for short distances such as over fences. Chickens will sometimes fly to explore their surroundings, but usually only to flee perceived danger. Because of flight risk, chickens raised in open-air pens generally have one of their wings clipped by the breeder — the tips of the longest feathers on one of the wings are cut, resulting in unbalanced flight which the bird cannot sustain for more than a few meters (more on wing clipping).

[edit on 29-12-2006 by Dragonlike]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
At the risk of giving this thread or the YouTube page any more attention, I did a little digging. I would like to point out that the video we're "discussing" is also associated with another YouTube video:

Angel Wings Found (YouTube)

(The "Girl with Wings in India" page on YouTube says "This is a video response to" the above linked video).

The above linked video is part of a (now revealed) viral teaser campaign for Diesel ("Diesel Heaven") that also included this fake blog.

It's not proof that the OP's video was a part of this campaign, but the OP's video does link to the above one for no other apparent reason. Also, keep in mind that whoever uploaded the OP video has no other posting history before or since. Viral giveaway.

Skyway, I promised I wouldn't try to change your mind on this, but I did a little research on my end. Now, if you still believe that this is a real video, maybe you could do a little research too:

This video is three months old on YouTube. Find me an article, anecdote, or any mention of this incident in India or this bat-winged girl. Anything will do, even a crappy cryptozoological fantasy site. Don't you agree that someone else would be talking about this if it happened?

These people, if real, are the ones who shot this video. They're showing their faces and using each other's names in the clip. So... who are they? Did they tell this story anywhere else? Why is it that the only entity they decided to report this to is... YouTube?

I'm not asking you to prove this video is real, because I know it's not... but I am alarmed at your lack of any critical thinking regarding the origins or content of this clip.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by skip_brilliantine
It's not proof that the OP's video was a part of this campaign, but the OP's video does link to the above one for no other apparent reason.

You're right. It is not proof of anything. It is guilt by association and that is faulty logic.

This video is three months old on YouTube. Find me an article, anecdote, or any mention of this incident in India or this bat-winged girl. Anything will do, even a crappy cryptozoological fantasy site. Don't you agree that someone else would be talking about this if it happened?

So what if the video is three months old. The girl with the wings appears to be about five or six years old judging by her apparent size, so this unusual physical feature must have been known for some years. But India is a land of secrets. And the girl could be kept hidden as appears to be the case with this girl who was being kept in a very dark cellar, at least during the day. It may be that she is kept concealed during the day and allowed out only at night. In which case few people would know about her and even if they did it doesn't mean that those who knew about would go blab it to the world. Besides they don't have the kind of media coverage in India that we have in the U.S. So, it would be easy to keep something like this girl a secret. There have been cases right here in the U.S. where children have been abused and kept locked in closets or chained in basements without even the nearest neighbors having a clue that it was happening right next door to them. When people really want to they can keep secrets pretty well.

These people, if real, are the ones who shot this video. They're showing their faces and using each other's names in the clip. So... who are they? Did they tell this story anywhere else? Why is it that the only entity they decided to report this to is... YouTube?

You have no way of knowing that. They may have reported it to the press and like many other things it was ignored or edited out. As a member of a conspiracy site you should know quite well that mainstream media does not report many of the unexplainable experiences that people report...such as ufos. So these people may have reported the girl with the wings and it was just ignored by the mainstream media which prefers to saturate the air waves with blood and gore and politics.

I'm not asking you to prove this video is real, because I know it's not... but I am alarmed at your lack of any critical thinking regarding the origins or content of this clip.

It is exactly critical thinking which reveals to me that the video clip is more likely to be genuine than fake. To me it seems that lack of critical thinking is more involved in those who are misinterpreting what they see in the video and erring on the side of their fear of the unknown. It takes intellectual expansiveness and maturity to accept, or at least acknowledge, things which do not easily fit into any known categories.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
/Agent 86

The Old Walk into the dark house and know exactly where to go to find a girl with wings trick.

/agent 86

That girls head was huge copared to the body. It looks like a phoney body with someones head protruding out. Either way it looked so phoney and as a commentor said it was like a welfare 3rd world version version of Blair Witch Project. The Ghandi Angel Project

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
it looks fairly auhtentic but we may never know for sure

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I love walking around in strangers' houses with a flashlight and video camera in foreign countries. And then when I see small children inside I like to yell "what is that!".

Ah the curse of YouTube continues, get ready for non stop hoaxes so people can be internet celebrities. Maybe next year Time Magazine can do a story on how their "person of the year" has become the most annoying extrovert to ever show up as a link on our message boards and email.

But hey its got to be real because they use a home video camera! Can't figure out why our two Scooby Doo'ers haven't popped up on the news to claim their great scientific discovery yet. They must still be busy popping into other houses around the world to see if local rumors are true everywhere.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Finally someone agrees with me. lol

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I thought the acting at the start was reeeaaally bad, especially the blonde girls dialogue. Straight out of a Blair Witch kind of thing.

But I did think that they made a good atmosphere while they were going down the stairs, pretty tense. I wouldn't mind seeing it if it was part of an actual movie lol but that probably just supports the argument that it's fake

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I want my 1.27 minutes back!

Fake as a politicians promises.

Roper

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i watched the video and i would like to say i believe its real, REAL FAKE!

if you have the balls to break into someones house in a foreign country who just so happen to be hiding a "fill in blank" then u should have the balls to get a better , longer image of the w/e.

people sometimes common sense should be more common.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The wings look to me like they are CG. The colouring on them isn't right, and they are a little to neat to be human. If she was really winged, and had been living in the conditions the majority of the people in that country live, they would be dirty.

Plus I think its pretty obvious that anyone who saw a child like that would have immediately told the news and the world and she'd be pretty common knowledge.
Also, the amount of news sites that browse YouTube would have picked up on it and written about it. The fact that they haven't is another sign of possible fraudulence.

If you want to know whether its real or not, email the vid to a news paper's site and let them deal with it.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by skip_brilliantineThis video is three months old on YouTube. Find me an article, anecdote, or any mention of this incident in India or this bat-winged girl. Anything will do, even a crappy cryptozoological fantasy site. Don't you agree that someone else would be talking about this if it happened?

Your mentioning this brings up another point that ALSO drives a nail in the coffin of this fictional video (and that I forgot until I read your analysis): the culture of India.

In India, and particularly in the rural areas, babies born with strange anomalies become celebrities. Remember all the reports of babies being born with monkey tails (they aren't true tails with bone and muscle) or with extra limbs being associated with certain gods and taken to temples and so forth? A winged girl is someone who would be noted at birth (not hidden) and would still have thousands of people coming to visit her.

There'd be thousands of pictures of her, if she was real.

There's no such person in India.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Is it me or am I the only one to think that the 'wings' look like a projection or reflection off whatever is hanging behind that girl?

Wig

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Bad acting, walking round India as tourists, in daylight and suddenly they have a "flashlight" ? sudden appearance of people on stairs.

A videoresponse to a known fake, by a user with no other videos. and a user who has never commented on any other video, never favourited any other video or subscrribed to any channel.

It's fake, I can't believe anyone considers it real.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm an actor. I can tell you they're deffinently over-playing the part. My hypothesis is it's a fake.

If only it was real....

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
excellent work Skip_brilliante.

After viewing the video and reading the thread, I think you've hit the nail on the head and the "in response to" the Diesel campaign that this "girl with wings" creation is exactly that. I think the creators of this video were probably trying to make a point against the Diesel and not help promote them. My initial thoughts are that Diesel which is a clothing/jewelry company, is that they may be involved in the practice of hiring child labor in India and this video tries to show that the image of "cute cherubs and hot angels" that Diesel is using for their campaign should show scared, and probably abused children.

maybe I'm read too much into this, but that's what I got.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join