It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Would You Have Crucified Jesus Christ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
1) For violating Jewish law?
2) Evil?
3) To fulfill Prophecy and the promised Resurrection?
4) To fulfill God's will and Jesus's acceptance of death?
5) I would not have crucified Jesus Christ, unless it was God's will.
6) I would not crucify a being under any circumstance.

I would choose 6.

Jesus Lives forever!!!

[edit on 28-12-2006 by GreatTech]

[edit on 28-12-2006 by GreatTech]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
well, i'd crucify him NOW for all the evil that has been done in his name
because, thinking about it, more people have died in jesus' name than necassary for anybody

actually, i wouldn't crucify him

life imprisonment would work fine for me

[edit on 12/28/06 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
well, i'd crucify him NOW for all the evil that has been done in his name
because, thinking about it, more people have died in jesus' name than necassary for anybody

[edit on 12/28/06 by madnessinmysoul]

madnessinmysoul, nobody has ever truly killed in Jesus's name. In fact, true believers truly love in His name.

People have only truly killed in Satan's name.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hello Good Friends,

I think it is important to realize that Christ did not give his life under duress. He gave his life because it was the Will of The Father. You see, Christ intentionally profaned the esoterica to the unenlightened masses in an effort to raise the collective understanding of the purpose of life by further exposing the mechanism of control.

The so-called enlightened rulers of that time only understood the doctrine as a tool of enslavement as was required. This was so because mankind had not risen to a sufficient intellectual level to understand the importance of the doctrine collectively, hence the appearance of the Christ in an effort to elevate humanity.

Christ told the world, through his apostles, how he would be known, upon his rearrival.

1)He would speak plainly without metaphorical device [unseal scripture].

2)He would be able to search the hearts of men.

3)He would bring with him the keys of death and hell.

Obviously, many people, today and in recent history may have fit that description. My question here is, forgive me GreatTECH if I've gone of topic, how would you identify Christ?

Kindest Regards

[edit on 28-12-2006 by lucum per lucerna]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
madnessinmysoul, nobody has ever truly killed in Jesus's name. In fact, true believers truly love in His name.

wow
that is a cop out

the whole
"true believers are defined by their actions" argument

they were killing in the name of jesus
they had the cross on their shields or around their necks

greattech, do you think that a "true" christian has ever done anything wrong?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucum per lucerna
My question here is, forgive me GreatTECH if I've gone of topic, how would you identify Christ?

[edit on 28-12-2006 by lucum per lucerna]

Like for God and the Holy Spirit, I would give Jesus Christ the most complimentary terms:

1) Most loving.
2) Most kind.
3) Most sympathetic.
4) Most empathetic.
5) Most outstanding.
6) Most amazing.
7) Most astounding.
8) Most colossal.
9) Most stupendous.
10) Most prodigious.
11) Divine physician.
12) Ultimate martyr.
13) Ultimate link between Heaven and Earth.
14) King of kings.
15) to Infinite...

In the Cross, Christ experienced every pain that we can suffer or will suffer. He is Emmanuel: "God on Earth." There is nothing that He does not know or that He will not know.

In the Cross, He experienced the pleasure AND pain on Earth so that no human experience is foreign to Him. He knows us so well that He can fully encapsulate our being. As such, Believers have no need to fret or worry about the future and the Afterlife.

For me, finding Jesus Christ is finding peace and love in my life.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

greattech, do you think that a "true" christian has ever done anything wrong?

True Christians, when uninspired by God, perform imperfect acts. True Christians, when inspired by God, perform perfect acts.

Everybody, including True Christians, falls short of the Glory of God, whose perfection is Eternal.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hey GreatTech.

This has to be one of your more provacative posts. This one got me thinking and I hope you take the time to ask yourself why the people chose Barabus freedom over Jesus?

Put yourself in their shoes and tell us why the crowds seemingly unanimously wanted Barabus, a known thief and murderer, set free while condemning Jesus?

What part of the story are we not being told here, and what does this say about us today.

Was Barabus some sort of celebrity?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Was Barabus some sort of celebrity?

or was the portrayal of barabus false and intentionally skewed to make jesus look like he was treated unfairly

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

or was the portrayal of barabus false and intentionally skewed to make jesus look like he was treated unfairly

Makes no difference to me. I have read enough of the gospels to know that the Jesus story does not really need proof. The proof part is for people who don't know God. Once you know God, then you see the sillyness of the crucifixtion. It is only necessary to bring people to God. After you know him, then it is doesn't matter if it happened or not.

Either way, there isn't any proof of the Gospel stories outside of the bible, so I cannot really debate that with you if I wanted to.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My God, there are some people whom the lord says "are completely deprived of Gods love for them"

Us unworthy peices of slime who breath by his grace which you will find out very soon, we live on pride and self importance and have no clue what love is.

Madness, you have not a clue what he was crucified for nor the deepness of his love for your arogant soul.

Nobody knows what grace is.

Ill give you an example what he was crucified for.

I grew up a wretched young kid, with no grace, not knowing Christ full of disobedience that would bring my family to tears, I had no (grace) no conscience, something you can't understand, and I was a terrible kid.

After learning of Christ by his grace, my life is completely turned around, my conscience (because I pray) grows the more I pray, hes saved my life from destruction.

Everybody else in the world who doesnt need God are phonies, they live literally on pride and self importance. An orra of their own goodness which is really pride.

Ive felt the grace of God, so deep sometimes that I almost felt in ecstacy, words cant even describe what it is like, without which I have no love not true love and no deepness.

You see, the souls who believe, have faith, and believe in his Miracles, and perfect teachings of love, because they still(have humility) and are little ones, still childlike.

This is why Christ says (I reveal this to the childlike and not the learned) because they have humility. A child is not full of them selves,but loves their superior.

I always wonder why on earth would not anybody want to embrace him? Yet we embrace our father and mothers?

Because we run on pride, we like our lifestyles, we dont want God to exist, and we don't search.

I cannot wait for the day when the judgement seat is open, and he will show you that he makes no mistakes, and he will make you understand exactly how, I cannot wait.

other than that, hes the Lord, and he was crucified for us unworthy souls who he gave life, sin needs sacrafice to obtain the graces I just mentioned.

Thats why there are souls out there in gangs who will shoot you for (initiation), thats what a soul is like without grace, completelyevil.

infact this is the state of people in hell, for their state of soul is worthy of fire their so evil.

He died for the distribution of his graces.

sorry to original poster for making this so long.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
JesusisTruth, well said!!! If you care, I voted you for Way Above Top Secret for December.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
Madness, you have not a clue what he was crucified for nor the deepness of his love for your arogant soul.

i'm not arrogant
well, on occassion i'll act arrogant while playing video games, but that's an unrelated matter

hell, i admit that it would be foolish for me to say that anything is 100% true without evidence to back it, which is quite arrogant

you're arrogant for claiming to know why somebody who MAY NOT HAVE EXISTED was crucified, and why he was crucified WHEN NO RECORDS OF HIS LIFE WERE KEPT

i really wish you the best
i hope you stop relying on fictional beings to reassure yourself that everything will be fine
until that day, be comfortable in your delusions
just don't call me out because i don't believe in a being whose existence wasn't documented during his life
and claims to be a deity whose existence is in question

JESUSISTRUTH, your name on this board is arrogant
you're claiming something is truth
bottom line is, religion is arrogance because it claims absolute truth with no proof

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

hell, i admit that it would be foolish for me to say that anything is 100% true without evidence to back it, which is quite arrogant

How can any human being say anything is TRUE WITH 100% ACCURACY at anytime in history or the present, including the last thought you had? Truth resides with the Supernatural God. We human beings try to do the best we can. The BEST HUMAN EVIDENCE SAYS THAT JESUS CHRIST EXISTED AND THE FAITHFUL BELIEVE HE HAS ALWAYS EXISTED AND WILL ALWAYS EXIST.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by GreatTech]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

they were killing in the name of jesus
they had the cross on their shields or around their necks

i thought people would understand by now that this is exactly what satan does. dresses up christlike and destroys everything in the name of christ. its so simple. its called a.....d e c e p t i o n. i dont know why because its so easy to see. just because they wear a cross or quote scripture doesnt mean they follow christ. come on use some sense. and before i have to post another reply....RELIGION IS THE CREATION OF SATAN. RELIGIOUS PEOPLE KILLED CHRIST. so dont go saying that religion and christ go together because they are opposite. follow christ not religion...any religion. this has been drilled over and over again on this site but yet people still dont get it.

and i would choose....
5) I would not have crucified Jesus Christ, unless it was God's will.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by Funkydung]

[edit on 30-12-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

you're arrogant for claiming to know why somebody who MAY NOT HAVE EXISTED was crucified, and why he was crucified WHEN NO RECORDS OF HIS LIFE WERE KEPT

i really wish you the best
i hope you stop relying on fictional beings to reassure yourself that everything will be fine
until that day, be comfortable in your delusions
just don't call me out because i don't believe in a being whose existence wasn't documented during his life
and claims to be a deity whose existence is in question

JESUSISTRUTH, your name on this board is arrogant
you're claiming something is truth
bottom line is, religion is arrogance because it claims absolute truth with no proof

come on. humanity bases time itself on the life and death of jesus christ. there is a little thing called A.D. and B.C. this might give you a hint that he probably did exist geez....

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung

come on. humanity bases time itself on the life and death of jesus christ. there is a little thing called A.D. and B.C. this might give you a hint that he probably did exist geez....

Funkydung, well said. Some non-believers try to make Jesus Christ into a fictional Santa Claus. I would add that there are multitudes of churches designed for the praise and worship of Jesus Christ, and none for Santa Claus. Additionally, the two largest holidays of the year are based on the birth and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Furthermore, Jesus Christ is probably the most thought of and written about human being in history.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

your evidence for the existence of jesus is the gregorian system of time measurement?
wow
well, i don't use BC/AD
i use BCE and CE
before the common era
the common era

and tech, just because jesus has a more devout following than santa, doesn't mean he isn't just as ficitonal
hell, even if he is a historical figure, it doesn't mean he was divine

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

your evidence for the existence of jesus is the gregorian system of time measurement?
wow
well, i don't use BC/AD
i use BCE and CE
before the common era
the common era

and tech, just because jesus has a more devout following than santa, doesn't mean he isn't just as ficitonal
hell, even if he is a historical figure, it doesn't mean he was divine

as a note.....if you have any depth to your religious history you would know that christmas is actually the celebration of the sun not the son. understand that ALL religion has sun worship in it. why the sun? it is the symbol of the sun god. satan. understand what the bible has to say about the christmas tree and understand about the sun soltice and study up on babylon and nimrod. every wonder why people go to church on SUNday? to explain it all would take a while. sorry to get off subject.

Christmas, on Winter Solstice, Sun’s Birthday

Source: Franz Cumont, Astrology and Religion Among the Greeks and Romans (reprint; New York: Dover Publications, Inc., 1960), pp. 89, 90.

[p. 89] A very general observance required that on the 25th of December the birth of the "new Sun" should be celebrated, when after the winter solstice the days began to lengthen and the "invincible" star triumphed again over darkness. It is certain that the date of this Natalis Invicti was selected by the Church as the commemoration of the Nativity of Jesus, which was previously confused with the Epiphany. In appointing this day, universally marked by pious rejoicing, which were as far as possible retained,—for instance the old chariot-races were preserved,—the ecclesiastical authorities purified in some degree the customs which they could not abolish. This substitution, which took place at Rome probably between 354 and 360, was adopted throughout the Empire, and that is why we still celebrate Christmas on the 25th of December.

The pre-eminence assigned to the dies Solis also certainly [p. 90] contributed to the general recognition of Sunday as a holiday. This is connected with a more important fact, namely, the adoption of the week by all European nations.

www.nisbett.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

understand that ALL religion has sun worship in it. why the sun? it is the symbol of the sun god. satan.

Personally, I do not consider Satan a god. Are you saying that Christians who celebrate Christmas and attend church on Sundays are at least partly worshiping Satan? I personally do not worship Satan at any time.

Do you see any connection between the words sun and Son or are they just homophones? Most languages do not have homophones for sun and Son. For example, in Italian, sun is spelled "sole", and Son is spelled "Figlio." Furthermore, Sunday is spelled "Domenica." What are the origins of the words sun, Son, and Sunday?

[edit on 30-12-2006 by GreatTech]

new topics

top topics

join