It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mil Mi-28 Havoc or Kamov KA-50 Hokum ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Right on.. go Turkey go.. Well now they have the most advanced Gunship helicopters on order in whole NATO.. right from the Russia..
Good choice..

And Jetsetter.. there is no thing special abour RAH-66 (reconnaisance attack helicopter..) 4 Hellfire missiles it can carry.. that does not impress me.. 20mm cannon.. who are they trying to fool? Only way to make that effective is to use yet again DU-rounds.. not good thing at all..

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by unholy enterprise
i think the anti aircraft missiles is my choice and still the best,i call the stinger american quality i m proud of

just a soft joke no harm here

Ha-Ha.. if really want the BEST MANPAD.. you would choose SA-18 / Igla-m.. That thing makes Stinger look like a toy..

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Uninen....

First off, the Stinger can hold up to the SA-18! Bet on it.
They both do fairly well when compared to the Mistral.
Then comes the Igla-S or the Super Igla. This MANPAD system is a very effective system, probably the best, but they ALL have a great %to hit/kill ratio. What makes the Super Igla/Igla-S stand out is the advanced counter-measures abilities.

One must also keep in mind that OTHER considerations DO come into play: terrain, training, opposition, and many other factors which can make a missiles lethality increase or decrease depending on the situation. Correct?

Igla-Super MANPAD SAM System:
www.milparade.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Firing from ambush and least 2 missiles at time.. makes wonders to hit/kill ratio..

And the SA-18:s seeker is dual "area" has HEAT / UV "ranges" makes it quite impossible to fool by flares..

And i wasnt saying that Stinger is a failure.. but the SA-18 is better..

hem.passagen.se...

Check that out.. there will you most likely to find best weapons of the world.. as FDF can buy weapons from any one.. and tends to choose the best.. There is allso some very good US hardware.. and all these weapons must funtion in -40 to +40 celsius temp range..

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uninen
Firing from ambush and least 2 missiles at time.. makes wonders to hit/kill ratio..

And the SA-18:s seeker is dual "area" has HEAT / UV "ranges" makes it quite impossible to fool by flares..

And i wasnt saying that Stinger is a failure.. but the SA-18 is better..

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by Uninen]

So........
I'm assuming that you haven't read up on the modifications to the Stinger then?
I, again, assert that they are all very effective. The Super-Igla stands out above them all, at the present time.

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join