It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why has ATS become so primitive looking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Since the changes were made with all the hot pink writing and the big pink blunt object looming upwards the site does not fit my screen anymore. It's too small and is like a pain in the azz to look at. The above picture is my screen for the past couple of months. Dumb Huh?

If you want I can look up google to see how to fix this bug. But opening google or any other site is like mind boggling due to the larger size of their sites.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
They aren't changing it. Fixed width makes things easier to read, though I do wish they would at least center it.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
At first I didn't like the new look, but after SO's refinements and "light" option, I have become fond of it. The fixed-width content area is also good, since it doesn't distort avatar areas of people with background images.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I still think it should be centered.

[edit on 26-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

This is what it's like reading your posts. You can see they barely cover half the width of my screen. Before the changes the avatars were not distorted, so why would they distort now with all the changes. It seems like things have gone backwards instead of forwards. I'm begining to think it's something fishy.

It's a dang shame ats is going to stay like this. Possibly it means they save on bandwidth?

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It doesn't affect bandwidth, it's just to create a uniform look for the site to all users.

Plus, making a longer text area makes the text harder to read for most people.

[edit on 12/26/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Please add any further complaints or design suggestions to the dedicated thread:

NOW you can help Dark Matter evolve - Problems?

Thread Closed.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
I'm begining to think it's something fishy.

It's a dang shame ats is going to stay like this. Possibly it means they save on bandwidth?

That's it exactly, SO has worked diligently to contract the capabilities of ATS, with a good mix of reduced features thrown in for good measure.

Here's another big step in controlling bandwidth costs.

ATS has recently subscribed to the Geico approach to progress.

Monger Monkeys, not just for being fishy anymore...

new topics

top topics

join