It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Words for the insurgents to remember, and know if they didn't.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Iran - how do you propose we got about invading Iran?

Our Army is tired and worn down, some call it broken - we have spent more time in Iraq than involvement in World War 2. While Vietnam was a longer war, we had a draft. Currently we have a smaller, all volunteer force. Two out of three (I believe that is correct or close to it) of our battalions here at home are not combat ready - equipment is broken and units are losing troops and experienced officers.

Then there is the matter of international support - we would not have any. We would have to go it alone. Iran is a lot larger than Iraq, the terrain is much more diverse and harsh. We would not be able to Police the country, we can't even secure Bahgdad. In addition to lack of support, there very well could be consequences to such action, souring ties with Russia and China is a likely possibility.

All that aside, our military is against such action as it would place our troops and assets in Iraq and the neighboring region at risk of Chemical / Rocket attacks. In addition, such moves could only be made possible by shifting personnel from Japan, Korea and Germany to the Middle East - weakening our position across the Globe.

Our Army and Marine Corps simply don't have sufficient resources. While our Air Force an Navy could handle addional taskings with out much impact on their structure - they can only be viewed as a response and not a solution.

As for the quote - it has little bearing here. If our intentions were similar to the ideology of J.F.K., we would be in Dafur - not Iraq. Why are we in Iraq? I believe it is to keep our economy going. On 9/11 we lost more than 3.000 lives and a few buildings - we lost investment, jobs, a sizable tax bracket and stature as most companies rebuilt and invested in Hong Kong, London, Tokyo, Amsterdam - the list goes on and on.

Somebody has to pay - that is the price of war. Iraq was already weakened from years of sanctions and embargoes. It was the most obvious of choices.

But that is just my theory.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Then you will all die advisor. Pay that price if you must for your capitalist masters.

here are some words to the US soldiers from the iraqi resistance, that you should not soon forget.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

And to the American soldiers we say, you can also choose to fight tyranny with us. Lay down your weapons, and seek refuge in our mosques, churches and homes. We will protect you. And we will get you out of Iraq , as we have done with a few others before you.

Go back to your homes, families, and loved ones. This is not your war. Nor are you fighting for a true cause in Iraq .

As for cutting and running.

Well the resistance are going to fight you till the last man, and till the last drop of blood. You think you are a proud american, they are proud iraqies, and they are in the right.

Guess your in a bit of a deadlock aren't yah, the only difference is, the resistance is in their home country, your not. How long are you going to live abroad for? Untill every last iraqi is dead? Or sooner maybe, untill all your men are dead.

-----------------------

As for you agitate, what kind of twisted logic says, that continuing to oppress, occupy and anger people, is going to make you and your nation safer?

[edit on 25-12-2006 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

Well the resistance are going to fight you till the last man, and till the last drop of blood. You think you are a proud american, they are proud iraqies, and they are in the right.

Guess your in a bit of a deadlock aren't yah, the only difference is, the resistance is in their home country, your not. How long are you going to live abroad for? Untill every last iraqi is dead? Or sooner maybe, untill all your men are dead.

Syrian Sister, here is an example of your Iraqi's
www.nytimes.com...
this resistance is not all proud Iraqi's as you say...seems there is more to it than the propaganda that you keep repeating...
And to continue from another thread where we have already discussed this, seems you just keep it moving from one thread to another...
The "resistance" as you call it, is on it's last leg...they do not have the manpower, equipment, money, etc...to keep this up indefinitely.

History is a great teacher, especially for those willing to study it...so here we go...Vietnam was not a defeat for the American military person...maybe for the politicians, and even the common joe six pack back in the U.S....but, I believe history will show you, it ws a crushing defeat for the N. Vietnamese...and Tet as you keep refering to...read up on it...we wiped the floor with them...had the U.S. media not blown our casulties out of proportion...victory was assured.

Funny you say the media works for my side, I say they work for yours.

[edit on 25-12-2006 by deadbang]
Apologies for the link wrap thing, not sure how to keep it from making the page wide as hell.

[edit on 25-12-2006 by deadbang]

[Mod Edit: shortened long link]

[edit on 2006-12-25 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
Just a point of curiosity here... How many of you folks posting opinions, both pro and con have either:

a. Served in your respective country's military?

b. Plan to serve in your respective country's military?

c. Feel totally disinclined to be a physical presence in your country's military?

I served, U.S. Navy, 81-86, and if I was of age to do it again, especially now!...HELL YES!!!

Haze Grey and Underway!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
But Rich, surely leaving Iraq just makes america all the more unsafe.
Afgha was merely some scattered camps with lil or not experience in fighting directly against americans.

Now majority of the country is against the americans, all with experience and knowledge on how to tackle them.

surely leaving Iraq would leave the door open for further attacks inside the US?

I really hope you don't think that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11. As for making America safe, even the CIA thinks that the war in Iraq has turned into a huge recruiting drive for al-Qaeda. It was a dumb move motivated by greed, and now soldiers and their families are paying the price - and let's not forget the half-million-plus Iraqis killed since the conflict began.

Prior to 9/11, the only terrorist attack from "outside" sources came from, supposedly, al-Qaeda, but there was plenty of evidence to suggest that it was actually fomented by US alphabet agencies. I lean very heavily toward the conclusion that 9/11 was an inside job. US citizens have rather more to fear from their own security agencies than from people who just want the US army out of their country.

but pulling out, will surely bring back the bad things 10fold in the decade to come.

Do you have any evidence to support that idea? It seems to me that the parallel is with Vietnam. Now, if you could point to any attempts by Vietnamese to terrorise America for the several millions the US killed in Indochina, then I'd say you might have a case. If I were you I'd be thinking more carefully about the nature of propaganda, which is based upon repetition. What are the ideas that the powers-that-be want to inculcate? What are the things that are repeated so often that they become like wallpaper, so you accept them as background and barely notice them?

christ i get so angry, how the hell did we get to this point, where the only options left are bloodshed and suffering, or a future of bloodshed and suffering.

I don't blame you. And it's all to satisfy the greed of a very, very few people.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Why in the god's name would Al-Queda be wanting to fight America in Iraq? They have enough problem's on the home front, Afganistan and Canada have been at it for quite some time...

But why Iraq, In my own Opinion there are no Al-Queda Iraq tie's, the American's are just fighting Iraqi Resistance fighter's...and loosing

If youve looked at History which im sure we all have...Never has one country held on to another for ever...never.

The same goes for Iraq...No matter how many Iraqi's die, No matter how many fight to rid there country of us Damned Westerner's they will never give up, Espeacially with Islamic view's on crushsing your enemy.

So why not pull out? America can't repair the country, theyve been trying to long...its over. The All Powerfull Freedom Fighting United State's Lost...To "Terroists" Well actually, that word seems to come in place of the real word "Angry Middle Eastern's Who's Country Was Once Stable But Is Now In Horrible Disaray" And for what? Nothing but oil and arm's contract's with large companie's and Politician's...

This wasn't a loss for America, But Freedom and are Supposed belief of Corruption freed Socicety and Government...

It's disgusting

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
We didn't lose the Iraq war - we won - that cannot be denied.

What we did lose was the reforms - he dreams of creating a viable and sustainable democracy in the Middle East. You cannot blame our military for this - as the was not on the agenda when we went. In fact, believe it or not - Rumsfeld wanted to knock down the regime and get out. Our president at the last minute - post invasion had the "idea".

We did not lose - but we cannot pull out. Such events would threaten Suadi Arabi, Kuwait, Egypt, Dubai and several other countries in the region. Iran is not a Middle Eastern country, they are Persian. Big differences there - and if we leave as many suggest there is a power vacuum that would to need to be fulfilled by a regional power.

We can't leave, we can't "win" - all we can do is avoid the TKO.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Those words of JFK are laudable and noble but let's not ever forget what happened to him! He was assassinated and his plans to stop a war in 'Nam were reversed in full force by LBJ. A lot more than just a man, just a president died that day JFK was killed.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

We didn't lose the Iraq war - we won - that cannot be denie

I don't know, I think The State's won against The Iraqi Government, But You Can't beat the people of a nation, You can trie but as much as we don't wanna hear it, They don't like white westerner's trying to control their country.

The world disliked the state's before the Iraq war, but now let's face it...

They hate them

Kickout's right though, when kennedy died alot more than Just a president died...

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
How much liberty have the American people now?

Not how much do you think you have, not how much do they say you have, how much do you actually have?

How much have any of us got?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join