It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone seen Scanner Darkly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Just want to know ahead of time if this movie has any harsh violence or sexual content. I know it is about drug usage, but other than that, is there any reason I should wait untill after my 3yr old goes to bed to watch it? She wouldn't get the drug referances yet, but I don't like exposing her to violence or adult situations yet.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982
Just want to know ahead of time if this movie has any harsh violence or sexual content. I know it is about drug usage, but other than that, is there any reason I should wait untill after my 3yr old goes to bed to watch it? She wouldn't get the drug referances yet, but I don't like exposing her to violence or adult situations yet.

Violence-Check
Sexual Content-Check
Drug References-Check

Although
You could let a 13 yr old watch it,and i doubt they could follow it.
A 3 year old wont find interest in it,so you should feel free to watch it whenever.

Ive seen it before.
Not a bad movie,just kinda hard to follow at times(IMO)
And theres an Alex Jones sighting in it as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There is some violence, at one point it is rather graphic but I only remember one graphic scene. There is some sexual content, but not that bad. There is one brief scene of topless nudity. There are plenty of drug references all mainly related to the fake drug in the film.

I liked the film, I do think it is overrated, but still its good for a watch. Robert Downey j.r., I felt did a great job with his role. I loved his performance.

I do agree with the above poster that the movie is hard to follow sometimes. I thought I might have missed something, but it does get a bit confusing.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Okay, I get that it's about drugs. But What's the story ABOUT? I need a review. I keep seeing it advertised all over, but, what's it about?

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yeah there is nudity, drug use, mild violence and strong language.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Put your daughter to bed then watch it.

Though she wont be interested in watching it, it is still a movie with loud adult language and full frontal.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I just bought and watched this yesterday.
What a film! The visuals look great, I can see movies taking a page from this.
Max Payne movie for instance would work so well like it.

Yes this is a confusing story, It took me a minute to work out what the end was about, but it was worth the whole 7 pounds I payed for it and I will watch it again to fill in all the blanks of the first viewing.
Over all I really liked it but did anyone else find the cheesy matrix referances Too Cheesy???
I know it was all abit of fun, quite a humurous film but Keanu repeating lines almost exactly how they were in the matrix took away from the experiance in my eye's...

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The only reason that Keanu sounds like he did in the Matrix is because he sounds like that in every film he's in, except Bill n Ted in that one he almost sounds normal!!

The bloke is a plank, in fact the plank in the film "The Plank" puts in a better performance.

Other than that it's a great film with a nicely twisted story within a story within a story kind of plot.

[edit on 31/5/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm a big fan of Phillip K. Dick. The movie was actually fairly faithful to the book, with some creative license. I really liked the visuals. I don't often enjoy a movie taken from a book because of inconsistencies, but this wasn't half bad.

But let my 4 year old watch it? No. She'd be confused because it would be too much like one of her cartoons, and some of the story line would frighten her in that context.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
The only reason that Keanu sounds like he did in the Matrix is because he sounds like that in every film he's in, except Bill n Ted in that one he almost sounds normal!!

The bloke is a plank, in fact the plank in the film "The Plank" puts in a better performance.

Other than that it's a great film with a nicely twisted story within a story within a story kind of plot.

[edit on 31/5/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

There were definatly lines from the Matrix, first scene he's in, infront of the crowd and wearing his suit, he say's"I want to show you a world without this drug" or along those lines extremely similar to the ending of the first matrix.
I picked out a few more too but can't remeber them all.
I have seen Keanu Reeves do films were he is not like neo at all, He has these catchphrase type things "Whoa" but I see a different character every time, speed for instance, so different.

I haven't read the story but if you can explain what the character is saying to those people in that room and he does say "I want to show you a world" etc, i'll let it slip.

I did like the film though

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I tried to watch it, but my girlfriend and I had been out too long, and it was hard to follow. Seems like a movie that isnt the kind to watch with your girl.

Maybe one to watch with the dudes over some nice refreshments...

:w:

new topics

top topics

join