It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Jol wants Eredivisie stars

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Tottenham boss Martin Jol has confirmed his interest in signing three top players from the Dutch league. Jol has instilled a new sense of optimism at White Hart Lane since stepping up to replace Jacques Santini, and he wants to buoy the club further with some key signings. PSV Eindhoven's Mark van Bommel and Ajax pair Wesley Sneijder and Rafael van der Vaart top Jol's wish list, and could well become the subject of bids from Spurs.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Van Bommel and Sneijder seem like good signings, I hav'nt seen much of the other guy tbh but I think we need to strengthen for next seasons champoinship win!

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Welcome to sportz Boonie!

Van der Vaart? Not heard of him?

Hey this guy is some talent and if you got him i would be shocked, alot of the majoy clubs are after him. But with Jol at the club who knows, anything is possible.

BTW nice banner in ya sig!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have heard of him just havn't seen him play, or just havn't noticed him.

Thx for the comp on the banner.

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
One question i would like to ask ya, how you finding Kanoute?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Lazy

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Elaborate a bit?

When he was at West Ham, after the first season he was there, he seemed to have lost interest. Players sussed him out, as he chested the ball alot and they was turning him in the air. I guess he was pissed that we never sold him to Liverpool for 11million. He just didn't seem like he wanted to play for us.

I've seen him a few times on the box lately and when he forst went to Spurs he looked like a totally different player, but recently i have noticed the same things i did at Upton Park creeping back into his game.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yeah just what I mean, I never wanted him in the first place but after his first season all seemed good he scored some good goals but since then he looks like he cant be bothered. I mean with his size you would think he would be a great target man for defoe(like the Quinn/Phillips days at Sunderland) to play off but he just seems to get pushed into the inside right position and is never in the box to win those crosses in the air.

A bit easy to defend against once, like you said,defenders have sussed his game.But you never know Jol might turn him around again I just hope he starts to show some hunger again or we sell him for a stupid amound.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
btw if you want a banner sign up for the forms on www.leetweb.com... reques a sig and tell them where to find pics and roughly how you want it to look, it takes a while to get done but they are good.

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yeah cheers i might check them out if i need one.

I think your better off selling him to be honest. He isn't as good as Keane or Defoe. If you can get a silly price for him then i would let him go.

top topics

join