It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Pardew eyes Bowyer and Rasiak..

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
West Ham are being tipped with moves for Derby striker Grzegorz Rasiak and Newcastle's Lee Bowyer.

Rasiak joined Derby last summer after a move to Italian outfit Siena encountered problems, and made a huge impact in his first season at Pride Park. He managed 17 goals in 38 games, firing The Rams into The Championship play-offs in the process. However, their failure to secure promotion could now cost them the chance to hold on to the Polish international as West Ham are apparently keen to add him to their squad as they prepare for life in The Premiership.

LINK

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hrmmm Lee Bowyer back at Upton Park. He didn't set the world alight when he fiorst went there but in the last few months he started to come good. Before the bust up at Newcastle he was playing well, but they must get guarentees that he will behave. 1.5 million would be a bit much for him consodering what has happened, but he wouldn't be a bad signing.

Rasiak was Derbys best player all season and score some great goals. He looks a decent striker, but i don't know how he would do in the prem.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
yip, this young italian guy sounds alright but not tested at the higher levels. so its really a gamble on him.

with Bowyer, i think newcastle will get rid of him after the falling out that happened there. Souness wants Dyer and i think bowyer is surplus to them.

he would add drive to the midfield. 1.5 million aint bad for him

TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Rasiak is Polish and he looks a bit like Peter Beardsley before he lost his teeth and hair lol! I've seen him play quite a few timkes and he looks pretty dangerous. Won't be a bad signing if they get him, but i can't see Burley wanting to part with him that easily.

Bowyer won't be a bad signing at all if he can behave himself.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
yer, Bowyer would be a good move and i reckon its worth testing the waters on this one.

derby might sell this guy but hes going to cost money, i wonder if any of the teams who went down, you could get a forward from them?

what about a bid for ashton? or is he too much

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If we want him that much i'm sure we would get him, Derby can't ask too much for him to be honest.

Dean Ashton would be great but they paid 3 or 4 million and after how well he did in the prem it would take a bit more than that to sign him. Can't see Pardew paying 4 or 5 million for him to be honest...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
hehe... yer, i read norwich are saying they dont need to sell to make ends meet either so thats more evidence to suggest it will be a large sum to tempt them to sell

i dont see this Derby striker being worth anymore than 2 million, and i think its fair to say.... that you can manage that.

what about kevin phillips?

top topics

join