It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Chelsea, Mourinho and Cole fined

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Chelsea, Jose Mourinho and Ashley Cole have all been handed record fines following an investigation into Chelsea's alleged 'tapping-up' of the player.

Chelsea were found guilty of breaching Premier League rule K3 regarding unsolicited approaches to players, whilst Mourinho was also found to be in the wrong for contravening rule Q which relates to a manager's conduct.

England international Cole was found guilty of breaking rule K5, which governs approaches from players to clubs, after he was alleged to have made his desire for a move known at the meeting on January 27.

Source

Related News

Cole to appeal

Dein sympathy

Related Threads

FA inquiry launched

Dein Fuming

[Edited on 6/1/05 by rynaldo82]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Aparently chelsea have a 3 point suspended points reduction right, but what im thinking is that if they do, when is it going to be enforced, at the beginning of the season on their part it couldnt be introduced during the season if they were leading by 1pt then deducted 3 at any point.

BUt the whole saga is a bit confusing, i suppose the fines and facts had to be given to all parties

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
hehe... about the fine, i cant see them chaning all the records of last season to deduct the 3 points.

are they defintly applying this?

it most likely to happen at the start of the season i reckon. start on minus? lol?
hehe

last season, they could afford that, can they afford it next seasonl. meaning like. at the end of it. will they have more than a 3 point advantatge

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Cole will appeal it says today in the news, man give it a rest and take the punishment, get on with your football and put it behind you.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
yer, its a bit of a joke.

its like, say we do wrong and we get a fine, if we scaled it to what they are worth to what the pay. say we got a £500 fine, we would pay 5 pence lol.

as if money is going to hurt chelsea

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Vieria has been dragged into this now, there are claims he told Cole not to settle for less than 80 grand a week, via a text message.

The furore over Ashley Cole's £100,000 fine from the Premier League shows little sign of abating with the news that Patrick Vieira has been brought into the scandal.

Following the publishing of the commission that found Cole, Chelsea and Jose Mourinho all guilty of various offences regarding approaches for players - several intriguing pieces of information have been brought to light.

Cole's agent, Jonathan Barnett, claimed in the investigation that Vieira texted Cole to warn him not to 'settle for less than £80,000 a week' in his new contract negotiations.

Source[/b ]

[Edited on 6/3/05 by rynaldo82]

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well Cole got fined 100 grand which is quite alot of money. I guess i would be pissed but if he is guilty then he has to take it on the chin.

So whats his future? Will he stay at Arsenal? I can't see him going to Chelsea after this...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
yer. it is quite a big fine.

i dont think hes going to sign to chelsea. to be honest, i reckon hes going to stay.

and if he does sign for arsenal, he should get a 3 month playing ban lol

new topics

top topics

join