It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Of No Rights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
New Bill of Rights

by Jay Seidal
December 5, 2003
PREAMBLE

We, the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some resemblance of justice, avoid any more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, and delusional. We hold these truths to be self-evident: that a whole lot of people are confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim that they require a Bill of No Rights.

ARTICLE I

You don't have the right to a new car, big screen TV or any other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything...

ARTICLE II

You don't have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc., but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be ... and like the rest of us, you need to simply deal with it.

ARTICLE III

You don't have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful; do not expect the manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy by telling them they didn't warn you not to stick the screwdriver in your eye.

ARTICLE IV

You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes.

ARTICLE V

You do not have the right to free health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we should be wary of public health care or public anything.

ARTICLE VI

You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair (yes, capital punishment).

ARTICLE VII

You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV, pool tables, weight rooms, or a life of leisure.

ARTICLE VIII

You don't have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of part time jobs, education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful.

ARTICLE IX

You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to PURSUE happiness --which by the way-- is a lot easier if you are not encumbered by an overabundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights,

ARTICLE X

This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are from. We welcome you here. English is our language and like the one you left behind, we also have a culture. Learn it or go back to the country and the living conditions you were fleeing."

I don't know about the rest of the people on this board, but I really like this. It's not perfect, but its a start. What do the rest of you think?

Original posting:
www.sianews.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?

I don't know.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm not surprised that those concepts are alien to people nowadays.

Seriously here to help out. What part needs clarification?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think it was just a joke - or an attempt to make someone without a big screen tv feel better

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Granted it may be a joke, but it is describing what America has become today...Pathetic!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Granted it may be a joke, but it is describing what America has become today...Pathetic!

PATHETIC?!

YOU ARE PATHETIC YOU DUMB DEMONCRACK!

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT IN US THEN LEAVE

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   

PATHETIC?!

LMAO @ Russian

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Is there a Bill of Wrongs?

Cos there seems to be alot of rights that are wrongs.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Without any real understanding of what causes people to act the way they do,you have come up with a solution which leaves almost everyone but yourself out of the picture.
A young motivated person may see some problems simply as being offshoots and effects of the laziness of others, but when your health begins to fail and you begin to feel the effects of age you may actually try to figure out what the constitution was trying to say aqnd accomplish.
This country was not designed to be like anywhere else or any other country in the world, so forget about making comparisons to others as justification of your shallow self centered viewpoints.
Study history, get involved in your legal system, stop supporting the greedy carpetbagging politicians which are destroying your country, they are to blame for the financial woes, they have been allowed to damage it through the ignorance of the masses.
Go have anot5her drink and turn on the TV.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
No one ever asked whoever wrote this to live in the US. I hate people who wanna redo our entire Constitution and Bill of Rights. It worked for 200 friggin years. I agree if you don't like it, you can always leave.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Mig, the article, editorial, whatever you want to call it, isn't a rewrite of the Bill of Rights, it was an attempt for the author to say whatthe Bill of Rights is not.

As a matter of fact, I believe that was his point, that the Billi of Rights do not mean what people try and twist them into meaning today.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You are most likely right Tom. Unfortunately, it will be waved as a standard by idiots on this board who think that they should be able to get whatever they want because they are white, and their grandaddy was a US citizen. Frickin idiots.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
SOG, I don't see laziness and ignorance being confined to any one race. Do you?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
SOG, I don't see laziness and ignorance being confined to any one race. Do you?

Oh of course not. It is not confined to one race, but it seems to me that these people are always complaining that their 7/11 cashier cannot speak english, or that after a decade in the US some immigrants live in closed comunities unable to speak english. They rant about this being an english speaking country and sending those ********This is a blank spot where a grown up had to edit my profane language because I think its mature to use inappropriate language******back where they belong. They talk about not being preferential to race in education and work, but then complain about immigrant workers taking their jobs, jobs that should go to them because they are white and have lived in America all their life. They talk about sending those job stealing mexicans home, because they work harder and longer and for less pay than they will. Tough beans my man, maybe you should get a work ethic or a communist party membership card because in a capitalist society there is always a lowest class and you are in it. You can change that, many people have, but you will need alot of hard work. You cannot sit on your fat wite butt doing nothing and wait to get moved up a tax bracket. If there are immigrants coming in that will work harder than you, well then work harder than they do. Frankly, I only see white people complaining about immigrants and laziness. They think that they are somehow superior and more entitled to wealth than a mexican. Listen folks, this is not apartheid, white people do not have the right to make the conviniently "inferior" minorities do their work. If you have a problem with corporations off-shoring to places where slave labor is legal or such things I suggest you take it to the government, but dont expect much, as our current government cares more for the corporations than you.

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Oh, ok, I see where you are coming from now.
You saw fit to read into it, didn't you? No problem.

Guess what, pal? I hear other folk say that as well. I guess it only counts if white folk say it, right? Ot masybe you are never around folks that are not pigment-challenged to hear them commenting on other people. I am, so trust me, in some respects, people are all the same.

The point of the article in that regard is to assimilate into American culture, learn our language and become one of us.

Of course, its hard to determine what "we" are anymore, and because we've allowed those who want to destroy "us" to gain control of everything from the media to the education system, our culture is just about forbidden and the cultures from every other society is protected.

Anyway, that is the point. You may try and turn it around if you like, apply stupidity to only race or even assist in the destruction of the culture if you care to, but that is not what the article is about.

But I think you realized that.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   

PATHETIC?!

Hey Russian, If I'm a DEMONCRACK, I'd hate to know what you are. This isn't trying to replace the Bill of Rights. It's something to tell all the whinning liberal bastards in this country what the Bill of Rights isn't. Personally, I think this country should take a GOOD LONG LOOK at the Bill of Rights, and if it isn't in there...THEN YOU'RE NOT ENTITLED to it. We should also take a good look at the constitution and reign in all these liberal judges, who decide to forget the legislature and pass laws on their own. Starting with the Supreme Court.

BTW: I'm not a Republican either....Unlike most people, I've learned to think for myself!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Good to see you made it back, CS.

I figured Russian misread what you were saying. He's alright, he just got a bit lib-sensitive the last few days. His wife would say "Good Norning, Hon" to him and he'd take that to mean she was voting for Hillary.

He's feeling better now, though. The frying pan to the head maneuver by the wife helped him alot!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thanks TC
I don't get to post as much as I'd like. So it sometimes takes a while. Nothing personal against Russian. But just felt I needed to make my point clear.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules
Thanks TC
I don't get to post as much as I'd like. So it sometimes takes a while. Nothing personal against Russian. But just felt I needed to make my point clear.

I get your point now after I get hit on the head by my demoncracker wife!

J/K

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join