It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dimensions, Gravity, And "white" holes...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yeah, so this is just some theories, but I want to bounce it off a few of you and see what you think.

Gravity: Isn't it possible, that what we percieve of gravity is actually a lack of gravity? And that the universe is expanding, but in places where gravity is missing, somehow everything is being pulled together? Just a thought, but I'm curious about this one.

Dimension jumping: I believe it was Stephen Hawking (correct me if I'm wrong) who said, "If something can happen, it will." Meaning basically that every time you make a decision it creates an alternate universe where you made a different decision. So basically dimensions are really just alternate timelines, and that would mean that if someone could ever create a timemachine with enough sheer power, then you could hop right over to the next dimension right?

Portals: If we created a black hole somewhere in space (or on earth) and in the exact place in another dimension someone (alternate us) created a theorized white hole, isn't it likely that if we survived the trip through the black hole, there is a higher chance that the "white" hole would spit us out in another dimension.
If of course that WAS possible, then would we have control over WHEN we would come out?

Please post your ideas on this subject, I'm open to different ideas!

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure white holes don't exist. Black holes seem to be quite selfish, what ever they catch they keep. They'd keep it for about 10^79 years or something according to Hawking Radiation anyways. Could be wrong though, read about this stuff ages ago.

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by StationsCreation]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Different dimensions or different worlds are a fact. Matter has dimensions we cannot see, and those dimensions allow you to travel through matter once you know how. I found this interesting website called worlds within worlds and it gives a few ideas about how different dimensions are probabilities.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Someone should teach them Black holes to be nice to the white holes. er... that almost sounded racist, sorry. What I meant was, I've heard of the Hawking Radiation theory, but I mean, how does all that matter stay in that little black dot? It has to shift to another dimension, but meh. Like Aztec said, matter has properties we don't understand.

Aztec; could you find that link for me?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagle
Yeah, so this is just some theories, but I want to bounce it off a few of you and see what you think.

Nice theories. Could use a bit more details or something in a couple spots to make an easier read but they are very well thought. How much knowledge do you have about such things as Quantum Physics, Black Holes, Time/Space, etc.?? Did you come up with these on your own for the most part or from reading something by someone else?? The reason I ask is because they are very similar to some advanced theories that are still being worked on recently.

Gravity: Isn't it possible, that what we percieve of gravity is actually a lack of gravity? And that the universe is expanding, but in places where gravity is missing, somehow everything is being pulled together? Just a thought, but I'm curious about this one.

I'm somewhat lost on your exact meaning on this one, I think. It's confusing to define Gravity as it's opposite force, but maybe it's just how I'm thinking of it. Are you saying that instead of Mass having the Gravity which pulls objects into it, it would be the Space that has the Gravity(Force) which is pushing against the Objects with Mass?? For example: Take Earth and a comet, out in space and close to each other. Earth having the larger Mass attracts the smaller comet toward Earth, using traditional thinking. Does your theory mean that it is actually the empty space pushing against the smaller comet into the Earth?? Am I thinking correctly???

Dimension jumping: I believe it was Stephen Hawking (correct me if I'm wrong) who said, "If something can happen, it will." Meaning basically that every time you make a decision it creates an alternate universe where you made a different decision. So basically dimensions are really just alternate timelines, and that would mean that if someone could ever create a timemachine with enough sheer power, then you could hop right over to the next dimension right?

This sounds like "Many Worlds" theory. (I'm sure it has other names as well, but that is one.) I've thought about this one as well. In fact Quantum Mechanics I think does prove this theory to a point. Take the "Double Slit" experiment where photons act as both Wave and Particle. The "Probability" Waves which could be thought of as the "Realities/Dimentions" possible, or the choices. The "Real/Actual" Particles could be thought of as the "Present or Chosen" reality that only became real once the Observer, observed it, or chose it or however you want to think about it. (BTW, if you don't know what the double slit experiment is yet look it up or what I just said may not make sense completely.)

I'm not 100% sure but John Titor had a similar Time Travel/Dimention Jumping theory.

Portals: If we created a black hole somewhere in space (or on earth) and in the exact place in another dimension someone (alternate us) created a theorized white hole, isn't it likely that if we survived the trip through the black hole, there is a higher chance that the "white" hole would spit us out in another dimension.
If of course that WAS possible, then would we have control over WHEN we would come out?

This is a interesting theory. One I've thought about many times myself in fact. "The other side of the Black Hole Implosion being a White Hole Explosion." Singularity Explosion or Big Bang being the other side of the Black Hole, so to speak. The problem comes from the fact that Black Holes are still such a mystery as to their function and everything from the Event Horizon and Beyond.

Please post your ideas on this subject, I'm open to different ideas!

I'll round up some of the Better and More Informative links that deal with these exact same ideas and post them here in a few. There have been some very well thought out and detailed theories like these I've come across that you might enjoy.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Er.......can anyone explain to me what a 'white hole' is?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by slashtrash

It's not a real thing.....at least as far as I know. I think the idea is that a White Hole, as in this theory, is the Exiting end of the Black Hole. Does that make sense?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Is it possible for someone to be able to feel or "sense" gravitational pull?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aphrodite
Is it possible for someone to be able to feel or "sense" gravitational pull?

You mean in a different way than normal?? Everyone would feel a change in gravity as it changed or acted upon them to some degree. For example: Change from Earth Gravity to Zero Gravity of space. Or the sensation of falling to earth after jumping from a tree.

Is that what you meant or am I not grasping your question?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Nice theories. Could use a bit more details or something in a couple spots to make an easier read but they are very well thought. How much knowledge do you have about such things as Quantum Physics, Black Holes, Time/Space, etc.?? Did you come up with these on your own for the most part or from reading something by someone else?? The reason I ask is because they are very similar to some advanced theories that are still being worked on recently.

I was writing a story the other day, and it has to do with alternate dimensions. At one point one of the Characters asks: How does the portal work?
And the scientist has to respond. Then I thought, "How could I make this believable?" so I took a break and brainstormed.

One of my favorite topics is physics, and quantum physics. And I often watch the science channel, so naturally I begin to try to think of things to explain things scientists don't understand. Isn't that how theories are created?

I'm somewhat lost on your exact meaning on this one, I think. It's confusing to define Gravity as it's opposite force, but maybe it's just how I'm thinking of it. Are you saying that instead of Mass having the Gravity which pulls objects into it, it would be the Space that has the Gravity(Force) which is pushing against the Objects with Mass?? For example: Take Earth and a comet, out in space and close to each other. Earth having the larger Mass attracts the smaller comet toward Earth, using traditional thinking. Does your theory mean that it is actually the empty space pushing against the smaller comet into the Earth?? Am I thinking correctly???

That's pretty much exactly what I meant. I came up with this one a long time ago though, because I was joking around one day and told a kid I knew everything.
Being the smart kid he was, he told me to explain gravity. I told him to give me a few minutes to think it over. I bluffed my way through it, then made a mental note to work through the theory better.

This sounds like "Many Worlds" theory. (I'm sure it has other names as well, but that is one.) I've thought about this one as well. In fact Quantum Mechanics I think does prove this theory to a point. Take the "Double Slit" experiment where photons act as both Wave and Particle. The "Probability" Waves which could be thought of as the "Realities/Dimentions" possible, or the choices. The "Real/Actual" Particles could be thought of as the "Present or Chosen" reality that only became real once the Observer, observed it, or chose it or however you want to think about it. (BTW, if you don't know what the double slit experiment is yet look it up or what I just said may not make sense completely.)

I'm not 100% sure but John Titor had a similar Time Travel/Dimention Jumping theory.

Interesting. I haven't heard of that Double Slit theory, but I think I understand what you are saying.

This is a interesting theory. One I've thought about many times myself in fact. "The other side of the Black Hole Implosion being a White Hole Explosion." Singularity Explosion or Big Bang being the other side of the Black Hole, so to speak. The problem comes from the fact that Black Holes are still such a mystery as to their function and everything from the Event Horizon and Beyond.

If a big bang is a white hole, that would pretty much mean that creating one on earth would be near suicide.

But then again, could it be possible that at the point of every explosion, for a single second, there is a white hole about the size of an atom or molecule? Hmmm....

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   

This idea was actually covered in a Scientific American on the multiverse. It was a really fascinating article, and was about 8 pages long. I'm not really going to get into the details of what it was saying, but it had very strong arguements. Find a copy if you can, it's good readin'.

There is only a certain number of combinations that atoms and photons can for under our current laws of physics for any given space. And since most of space is exactly that, space, the number is slightly lower. So at some point, patterns will repeat, even to the point of creating a duplicate earth in a duplicate system of Sol in a duplicate milky way galaxy. Now the universe is vast, and the article had all the numbers. When I checked them out, they worked. I don't, however, have them here. The article had that there could be so many earths that on one earth, I could be typing this, and decide to just stop here, and on this one, I continue.

On one earth, you had stopped reading this post at the end of that sentance. So it would be more a multiverse in the same dimension. It started to get into multiple dimensions and infinite earths, but that was a lot more complex, and I'm not even going to try to give what I remember of the explanation I read about 2 - 3 months ago.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Here is my idea: Time is actually three dimensional, not two(backward and forward). My idea is that every three dimensional universe moves through a three dimensional time universe. If would make more sense because each axis would match up with a time axis...x:x...y:y...z:z. Every time an alternate dimension is created it perhaps skews off onto the z axis or y axis and moves back along its original course.

Please tell me what you think of my theory...or ask if you need it better explained.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
What do you define as a "normal" sense of gravity?

What I meant was to stand completely still (here in California) and be able to feel the earth's rotation?

[Edited on 12-6-2003 by Aphrodite]

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eagle
Aztec; could you find that link for me?

Yes it's here, clic the box

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Here is my idea: Time is actually three dimensional, not two(backward and forward). My idea is that every three dimensional universe moves through a three dimensional time universe. If would make more sense because each axis would match up with a time axis...x:x...y:y...z:z. Every time an alternate dimension is created it perhaps skews off onto the z axis or y axis and moves back along its original course.

Please tell me what you think of my theory...or ask if you need it better explained.

If you say time is backwards and forwards, that is only one dimension. So I think your theory needs work.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Originally posted by slashtrash

It's not a real thing.....at least as far as I know. I think the idea is that a White Hole, as in this theory, is the Exiting end of the Black Hole. Does that make sense?

Despite what the name implies a black hole is not a hole. It is not like you go in one end and come out the other. A black hole is incredibly dense with astronomical gravity which sucks everything into it including light. Therefore it is called a hole because it would appear as a black hole in space where one would be.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I read Walter Rusell's philosophy and he said that suns expand and then contract to become black holes, then expand again. And if you sped time up you would see the stars blinking on and off for eternity.

Here's a link to his site

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Nice Link Aztec!! Very cool charts and stuff.

How Matter is Created from Light
www.geocities.com...

Ok, now can anyone else see the obvious PHI/phi, Golden Ratio & Golden Spiral at work here?? Once again a great example of how PHI is found everywhere within the Universe. God I love finding new examples of that Wonderous Mathematical signiture of Infinity!!

Oooohhh.....There are more too!!
Life and Death Cycle (Vortex)
www.geocities.com...

Once again, Very cool link Aztec!

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
All these are very interesting, especially those links.

MrJingles; do you mean to say that time is backwards, forwards, left, right, and up, and down? If true that could be perfect proof of alternate timelines. So instead of going back in time, I could go left in time and pop out in an alternate universe.

Anyone want to see infinity? Hold a mirror (a big one) on either side of you, your image will be reflected an infinite amount of times, but each time it will lose a little more light, and more features will fade and some will exaggerate. My grandpa once told me that doing this allows you to glimpse other dimensions, or else, get a feel for it. Last time I did it, about the 15th relfection of me was very blurry and slightly smoky, suggesting like I said, a very gradual loss of light.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
im not into this stuff i just saw this video, www.pbs.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join