It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea: Scott Parker and Glen Johnson must wait

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has reassured England's forgotten men Scott Parker and Glen Johnson that they will have a valuable role to play in this season's four-pronged bid for trophies.

Both Parker and Johnson have lost their places in the England squad since finding themselves pushed to the fringes of Chelsea's first-team squad.

With the quality in depth of Chelsea's squad meaning they must bide their time before any opportunities arise, both players would be forgiven for becoming frustrated.

Mourinho has stressed that he will not need to rotate his squad until his players tire during the winter, and that means both Parker and Johnson can expect to be kept waiting for their chance to impress.

However, they would seem sure to play a role later in the campaign, with Chelsea in the hunt for FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League and Premiership.

Sportinglife

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
its going to be hard for them to get in, paulo ferrieria the right back is going to be first choice, him and mourinho have been together for a few seasons. although if he gets injured. maybe johnson could feature but i noticed gallas can play at right back.

scott parker has got a real hard challenge to, to get into midfield. i cant see it happening to be honest and i think he might have to leave

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Glen Johnson was mad to go to Chelsea, but the again West Ham couldn't turn down that sort of money. They should at least loan him out to gain experience as he only played about 14 games at West Ham and only a few at Chelsea. They will keep saying he will get a chance but when? One year, two years?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
as soon as he signed for chelsea was there not talk of him going out on loan to west ham. he is good for sure,

TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yeah they did talk about that but i think they was short in that position and played him at the begining of the season.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
well about parker, former boss ranieri says its best he leaves in order to secure first team football, even though i dont think ranieri did the best with him as he had him playing wide right sometimes

Former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri believes Scott Parker should leave The Blues to secure regular first-team action.

It was Ranieri who took Parker to Stamford Bridge from Charlton in a £10 million deal last January.

The midfielder was a regular under the Italian tactician, but has slipped out of the first-team picture under Jose Mourinho.

link

TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It seems Mourinho favors certain players and HE MUST play the players he signed otherwise he would look stupid for signing them. Parker should leave for sure and he would most prob get back in the England squad....

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
yer, your right with what you saying, another reason why kezman will prob have to go in front of mutu while drogba is playing.

has parker been capped for england?

TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yeah Parker has got a few caps already and he didn't do too bad at all for England...

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
if he wants to enhance his chances to get back in, and since he has played, if he hits form somewhere he should get in

i think he'l leave at some stage,

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a update on parker

Chelsea's out of favour midfielder Scott Parker has revealed he will consider his Stamford Bridge future should he remain on the sidelines.

The £10 million capture from Charlton enjoyed a successful spell under manager Claudio Ranieri last term but has failed to land a chance under new boss Jose Mourinho.

link

TRD

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see what happens in January and if Chelsea let anyone go...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
there is talk about huth going, but when you think about it, they are short on defenders and i think they need a right winger

top topics

join