It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Van Der Vaart and Robinho to sign?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If the rumors are true then Arsenal will make a swoop for Dutch Wonderkid Rafael Van Der Vaart and Brazilian Wonderkid Robinho.

Robinho has a minimum transfer clause of 25 million pounds written into his contract if he leaves before 2007. So the deal for the both could be worth 40+ million for the two or thereabouts on appearances and such like.

It is understood that Santos has reluctlently agree to let Robinho go after they recieved an offer they could not refuse. And that they decided to go after him instead of Rooney..

If the deal goes ahead it will be in January.

But is there a twist? Real Madrid signed Woodgate and Owen who Arsenal wanted to sign. Will they be used as bargaining tools to obtain Viera? As the Gunners stated they they wanted to sign a defender aswell as a striker?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
thanks for bringing this to our attention TRD, i aint heard this mentioned in the slightest

robinho, he is supposed to be sooo skillfull, i heard this story about him ages ago, am trying to remember it, i think it was something about him taking on players and dribbling so much it was annoying the opposition and the ref told him to calm down with the trickery, am sure i read it somewhere. would love to see him in the preimership although the price, hmmm, its really expensive especially after they forked out for reyes. although arsenal seem to manage there money really well. van der vaart too, he is really good aswell.

if it happens, look out league lol

TRD

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
thanks for bringing this to our attention TRD, i aint heard this mentioned in the slightest

Nothing has been mentioned in the news yet but the rumors are starting to rear their heads. As far as i know Arsenal reported their biggest profits recently so although the new stadium is being built the money will be there as it would be paid in installments for them. I don't know if it is true as Robinho has signed a new contact, but they are both wicked players...

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
if this happens, do you think that means shaun wright phillips will remain a man city player. i think in his position they alreay have pennant to be honest.

i cant see all 3 moves happening

TRD

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
There has been a few articles in the newspapers lately about Robinho joining chelsea. It remains to be seen what happens as we still got a few months to go untill January is here...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
yer, i read that somwhere too, about robinho perhaps going to chelsea and going out on loan in his first season

they bought a guy called alex, a defender and did that with him so i guess they dont mind buying and loaning out in the first season

heard arsenal would be intereseted in mutu

TRD

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Arsenal....Mutu? Now that would be a shocker...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
yer lol..he was supposivly quoted in saying he would take mutu and give him a 2nd chance if the oppurtunity arises

TRD

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well i guess he would beings that he would be free....

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
robinho's mum was supposed to have been kidnapped the other day and he is despertly trying to escape brazil and his agent was supposed to be in madrid trying to sort a deal

TRD

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yeah i read about that..Did real kidnap her? As Chelsea and a few others are trying to sign him...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
haha. if he does end up at real, it another striker for them. they really do need balance more than anything else. but he is supposed to be sooo skillfull

TRD

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Brazilian international striker Robinho admits he is excited by the prospect of joining Spanish giants Real Madrid.

Chelsea target Robinho, who many consider to be the "new Pele", has been linked with a host of top European clubs but now seems to have his heart set on joining the ever-growing band of Galacticos at the Santiago Bernabeu.

However the Santos forward has been out of action for two weeks following his mother's kidnapping and no deal is likely to be concluded until she is safely returned.

When the situation is resolved, it now looks increasingly likely that the 20-year-old playmaker will complete his move to Spain - with the Spanish capital his likely destination.

Sportinglife

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
yip. its look more increasingly likely that he will sign for real madrid. but with owen and morienties never mind raul and ronaldo how does he get a game?

i wonder if barcelona will come calling?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
his agent says at the moment chelsea are most likely to sign him as they are the team prepared to pay the 14 million required

Chelsea are the club most likely to land Brazilian starlet Robinho, according to the player's agent Wagner Ribeiro.

The 20-year-old Santos forward is one of the most sought after properties in the world at present and had looked to be heading to Real Madrid in a �14 million deal.

link

TRD

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Maybe your right, with the strikers at Real he wouldnt get a game. My bet is he will go to Chelsea, maybe they are trying to hike the price up on him.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
the player has admitted real is his dream move

Brazilian starlet Robinho admits his dream is to play for Real Madrid, possibly thwarting Chelsea's hopes of landing the Santos ace.

Chelsea were linked with the 20-year-old over the weekend, with Robinho's agent claiming the big-spending Blues are the only club prepared to pay the asking price.

link

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
with the rumours saying he signing for real his agent says it aint happened yet. dont count your chickens

Robinho's agent has dismissed talk that Real Madrid have agreed a deal with Santos to sign the Brazilian starlet.

Spanish daily Marca claimed on Tuesday that a transfer was now in place for the 20-year-old, and that a €12 million deal would go through in January.

However, while he conceded holding talks with Real, Wagner Ribiero insisted that no deal has, as yet, been rubber-stamped.

link

TRD

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It ain't happened yet! lol!

They are waiting for Chelsea to make a move on him and see how much they are going to be willing to pay.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i think the thing is with chelsea. they will pay it no problem. and mourhino is used to working with brazilians. he had a few when he was at porto

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join