It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth: Redknapp to AXE the Yak?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Harry Redknapp may be ready to drop Aiyegbeni Yakubu - the striker who has gone into his shell since being rated at 12million.

Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric, who turned down bids from Middlesbrough and "at least two other clubs" in the summer for the Nigerian striker, put that price tag on him after "Yak" grabbed a stunning hat-trick in the 4-3 win over Fulham last month.

But since then Yakubu, who notched 19 goals last term, has not hit the target again and missed a sitter last Saturday at Blackburn where Pompey suffered a single-goal defeat.

And after Everton plundered three more points from Fratton Park to cement a surprise third place in the Barclays Premiership, manager Redknapp made it clear he was unhappy with the marksman's performance.

link

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Yeah in the Everton 'Arry threw on an extra striker in the 2nd half in an attempt to get a goal, that of course didnt work.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by drunk]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yak scored against Norwich so i guess he has got a confidence booster for that.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
drunk, would you drop him? I think he is a massive threat, even he his not scoring he cause defenders soooo many problems.

I'd have a look at his age though, he can't only be 21!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Considering i havnt seen all the games this season i am sure he will start scoring more again to drop him would be a clanger cos the other strikers dont have experince in the Prem.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Fuller looks good though doesn't he.

TRD

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Fuller does look pretty good and i wouldn't drop the Yak. They fought quite hard to keep hold of him before the season started...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I thought it was good that he came out and said he wanted to stay and signed a new deal.

top topics

join