It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: The Italian scandal that will rock Football..

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well they have resumed back in court and things dont look great for the clubs involved. One club will go down a division and three others points deducted, but how many? They will have to deduct a few and that might be enough to make the go down anyway so they might aswell just drop them down a division and be done with it...

Relegation is all but assured for all four tainted clubs, though it now appears Juventus will be demoted only one level to Serie B, and stripped of its 2005 Serie A title. Earlier, it had been speculated that Juve would be dropped to Serie C, a ghastly comeuppance. Talk last night had AC Milan remaining in Serie A but with points deducted to start the next season. It will be allowed, according to reports, admittance to Champions League play but must play in qualifying stages. Fiorentina and Lazio will also remain in Serie A, with points deducted to start, but denied places in the secondary UEFA Cup.

TheStar

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Personally if this is the final verdict i think they have got it easy.

The intial talk was Juve going down to Seria C with a 15 point deduction, while Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio would be relegated to Seria B with some sort of deduction.

So really, Juve will go down for one season and spring back up. This is much better than going down to Seria C.

Milan..... well its not really effected them, and what a harsh punishment that was if its play the qualifying rounds. There is only a few times around who would be able to beat them.

Same with Lazio and Fiorentina, i am sure they can manage a season without being in Europe.

Fiorentina though... what idiots! a few years back they went down to Seria C due to a huge money scandal and well, a few seasons later they are back in the top flight.

Just goes to show crime pays

TRD

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
They are talking about 3 of them not dropping down at all.. Kinda sucks, they should get the worse punishment they could get...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Jeeeze, have you seen the latest on this.

Regarding Milan...... there was a loophole they used to get into Europe. Empoli who were going to get the spot don't have some sort of license to let them play in Europe, prob due to them at the end of last season thinking we do not need to get one. So Milan have nicked in that way and have to play in the Preliminary round, but come on! Milan must be laughing.

They are finding this punshiment so tough they just went out and bought Danile Bonera from Parma (prob the replacement for Stam).

I believe the point docking has been cut aswell, though i forget the ammount.

Juventus, are now in Seria B and instead of 30 points deduction i think its now 15. Buffon has said he wants to stay and they still have really good players, i think they will win this league with the most points ever. I believe they have a good manager in Deschamps. But...... Juve Chiefs are still arguing their case and ain't letting this rest.

Lazio and Fiorentina, i think their point deductions was reduced aswell.

Overall, i still think these deductions etc might still be reduced further. They keep talking them down and its working. Wonder how much Mafia men are involved in this one

TRD

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I cant believe they reduced what they gave them originally. More corruption involved?

They got what they deserved originally. I remember when Swindon got relegated 2 divisions and it was no-where near as bad as whats gone on in Italy.

It looks like alot fo the players are staying put aswell now as things dont seem so bad. But some of teh players that have gone they got good money for them and they aint exaclty young players. Might of been a good way to get rid of some driftwood as there was a bit of a scramble from the rest of the teams to sign some of their players lol...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What i dont understand is that the uefa doesnt say something about this ?

If i were them i would take back all money earned the last 2 years in the champions leugue

TRD

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Good point...

They took away the Division title away from Juventus they won last season and i dont think they gave that back. So i dont see why they shouldnt take back other things.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ain't it due to it happening in Italy and therefore its upto the Italian FA/Courts to settle rather than a scandal in European cup competition terms which meant Uefa would be involved?

Do you guys remember....... Juventus beating Werder Bremen i think it was, and the Werder Bremen keep commited a howler in the last minute which meant Juventus went through?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
Ain't it due to it happening in Italy and therefore its upto the Italian FA/Courts to settle rather than a scandal in European cup competition terms which meant Uefa would be involved?

But if they had not cheated they would not havebeen able to start in the champions leugue and would therefore not have gotten their share

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
well it seems if milan will start

Klick this

[Edited on 8/2/06 by FettPinkus]

top topics

join