It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Real win Mascherano chase

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Real Madrid are reported to have won the race for Argentine starlet Javier Mascherano.

The dynamic River Plate midfielder has come to prominence over the last season starring for both club and country.

Arsenal were one of the first to make moves for him and he was believed to be the man Arsene Wenger wanted to replace Patrick Vieira - when it looked like he would be leaving Highbury in the summer.

Once Vieira decided to stay with The Gunners, Wenger's interest cooled which then allowed a host of Europe's elite to battle for Mascherano's signature.

Internazionale entered the bidding only this month, but by then it was a straight fight between Spanish titans Real, Barcelona and Deportivo La Courna.

According to Spanish sources, Real have now won the battle after agreeing terms with River on a deal reportedly worth up to $20 million.

Skysports

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
to be honest, i dont know they player, but i guess with such big teams chasing him, and with arsenal willing to take him to replace vieria at one stage, he must be good

TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yeah another one i havn't heard of aswell, but i guess we don't get many River Plate games on or we might have....

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
lol....yer, its not something you see often lol..although the argentina national side, does have good players and over the years has produced many, although, i wonder who is wanting to buy him though, the president of real?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Watch channel 5, they have all the Argentinian games on.

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yeah at about 3 o'clock in the morning

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well some of us are up!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
have you see him in any matches don to see if he looks really good or what he like

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
He is a big talent, plays box to box but is in the defensive mould.
He has got flair like you would expect from a South American though.

He would be perfect for Real, and he has slotted into the national team in Simeone's place.

Don't think he has actually signed yet, I can't see anything on Real or Rivers homepages.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i read in the paper chelsea are supposed to be signing him at the end of the season. aint checked out the reports on there homepage to see if its mentioned

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Who isn't Chelsea going after?

If they win the title and the champions league it will be interesting to see who they get when the season ends...

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
hehe. if they do what you just said TRD, think of the players they could add to there team.

Mourinho did well with his buys

top topics

join