It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Champions League results 28/09/04

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Real Madrid came roaring back from two goals down to leave Roma rooted to the bottom of Champions League Group B after a thrilling 4-2 win at the Bernabeu.

Madrid opened their Champions League campaign with a shock 3-0 defeat at Bayer Leverkusen two weeks ago, and new boss Mariano Garcia Remon watched on in horror as his charges went 2-0 down within 21 minutes.

Daniele De Rossi nudged the ball past Iker Casillas after just three minutes, before Antonio Cassano added the second.

However Raul's deflected shot halved the deficit, and then when former Madrid defender Christian Panucci was harshly penalised for a push on Raul, Luis Figo equalised from the penalty spot.

Raul put Real in front on 72 minutes, before Roberto Carlos added a magnificent fourth goal from long range.

There were also plenty of goals in the other match in the group, as Dynamo Kiev overcame Bayer Leverkusen 4-2 to move three points clear at the top of the standings with six points out of six.

Diogo Rincon broke the deadlock but Leverkusen hit back to lead after goals from Andrej Voronin and Jens Nowotny.

However Rincon's second, and a brace for Florin Cernat gave Kiev the victory while Voronin was sent off with the score at 3-2.

Juventus and Bayern Munich are in control of Group C after both teams claimed maximum points for the second group game in a row.

In front of less than 7,000 fans in Turin, Juve edged past Maccabi Tel Aviv 1-0 with Mauro Camoranesi scoring the only goal eight minutes before the interval.

In Munich, Dutchman Roy Makaay hit a hat-trick to take his Champions League tally to four goals in two games, as Bayern thrashed Ajax 4-0.

Makaay scored after 28 and 44 minutes before completing his treble from the spot early in the second half. Jose Ze Roberto added the fourth for the hosts.

In Group G match French champions Lyon came from behind to win 2-1 at Sparta Prague.

Tomas Jun put the hosts in front after seven minutes but goals either side of half-time from Mickael Essien and Sylvain Wiltord turned the game around.

Elsewhere in the group, last season's runners-up Monaco comfortably disposed of Deportivo La Coruna 2-0 with early goals from Mohamed Kallon and Javier Saviola proving to be the difference.

link

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i seen the real madrid versus roma game, and wow, two nil down and come back in style, although, the penalty real got was perhaps harsh.

i think with dinamo kiev beating bayer leverkusen, the group will be pretty open. and that ukraine teams are not a walkover, (hehe.., i hope they are lol)

the juventus game, what a tiny attendance? was there a reason for this? or was it cos of the oppenets, still, a one nil win isnt the best perhaps agaisnt that team, but its still., a victory

a good score for bayern munich, i think they will want to do well this year, especially under there new manager, it feels funny thinking of bayern without hitzfield

haha...noticed wiltory scored in his match too, and who said he doesnt score goals
lol

and monaco's new strike force did well..savoila and kallon (i thought he was good for inter although that player martins is good too) maybe losing prso was a good move lol

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Roma are in crisis! I really hope Real win nothing again this year.

TRD

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Real Madrid hrmmmm

Everyone keeps saying they are the best side in the world, have the best players. But they can't even beat mediocre teams in there league. If they win nothing again this year then they have to take a serious look at the players they have...

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
yer, too many good individuals, not a good enough team is the thing about them. i hope they get back on track though as when they are playing great its brilaint too watch

TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Oh yeah i agree when they are on song they are magic to watch but lately it's not been happening....

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
They need to go back to building a team of Spanish stars and stop buying players for the sake of it.

Alonso should never have been allowed to leave the country and go to Liverpool, Madrid should have stepped in. Exactly what they are looking for.

top topics

join