It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Divisions: Crouch for england?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Peter Crouch has distanced himself from suggestions that he could earn an England call-up.

The in-form Southampton striker has bagged 11 goals in his last 15 games and will bid to end Manchester United's reign as FA Cup holders next weekend.

Team-mate Jamie Redknapp declared recently that the former Portsmouth hit-man must be in the running for a place in Sven Goran Eriksson's squad but Crouch is adamant that he is a long way off an international bow.

link

TRD

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Serious? You have to be kidding, i know he has scored a few goals lately but he is a donkey.....

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Serious? You have to be kidding, i know he has scored a few goals lately but he is a donkey.....

sounds like a good strike force, wayne the monkey and crouch the donkey

hes a absulote giant, but he is similar to beattie i think

Sir

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
No chance, he isn't that good. He might cause a few probs every now and then with his height, but where is his goals now when Southampton need them the most?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
how do you rate him now that hes moved to Liverpool? do you think he will make it into the England team?

I think its fair to say he does give the team something, a giant upfront who can win the ball in the air. But i dont find him to have any skill and i saw a few of his goals recently were more of a fluke than him being a top striker

TRD

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Put me in a Liverpool shirt and play me upfront, give me the quality service that the strikers get at Liverpool and i'll score a few goals. I might be crap, but i'll bet i would get a few goals..

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
i know what you mean, as a striker and at a club like that you will get chances, i think if hes up against top oppostion he will be a dud, really.. can you see him dribbling by Maldini and Nesta against Italy? its more like he would fall over the ball lol

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
But now he's scored a few goals for Liverpool, Eriksson will keep him in the squad and most likely play him when Rooney or Owen need a rest. I still think he has little talent and is picked 'cos he's 6'-13"

TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
He will score goals as he is a striker, he may improve as a player now that he is at Liverpool. Sometimes, for such a big man he is not that great an ariel threat, what was that saying? 'White men can't jump'.....

Sven will pick him for England as there isn't that much else in the big center forward mould.. Heskey? or time to blood a new one like Ashton lol!

top topics

join