It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RATM Quotes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Problem solved, nice one insite

I hope all RATM fans got the new LIVE album! Its pretty good...Slight change of some lyrics.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
"Cause I'm cell locked in tha doctrines of the
Right--enslaved by dogma, yall talk about my birthrights
Yet at every turn I'm runnin into hell's gates
So I grip the connan like Fanon and pass the
shells to my classmates

From my personal favorite...Year of the Boomerang off the Evil Empire--Frantz Fanon dope.

do you know who Frantz Fanon is?

I had to read one of his f---ing books freshman year college.

If you ever want to find a black racist who lived in france and hates white people, there ya go.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
"Mister anchor assure me
That Baghdad is burning
Your voice it is so soothing
That cunning mantra of killing"

from testify

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well said, insite!

ThePrankMonkey,
Since you are the "Cruise Director", I would expect a little more from you. ::shakes head:: If you don't like the topic, put a sock in it. If you have some RATM quotes, go ahead and post them.

Most of my favorites have already been posted, but here's one that I didn't see.

"I'm swimmin' in half truths and it makes me wanna spit"

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It's a damn shame they had to split

Audioslave didn't do the other three justice, but Zach's got some alright hip-hop coming out, so at least he hasn't disappeared totally

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Bah! RATM should reform. REFORM GODDAMN!

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yes, I know who Frantz Fanon is. I've read both Black Skin White Mask and the Wretched of the Earth when I was thinking of joining the Nation of Islam. It may seem racist to you but most black people grow to hate white people over the course of their lives. It took me a while to get use to fitting into a civilization where I'm seen as a minority and treated differently because of the color of you skin. It was reading books by folk like Fanon, John Howard Griffin's Black Like Me, Soul on Ice, and Message to Black Man by Elijah Muhammad that changed me into the person I am today. I'm not racist or militant minded anymore. I'm sorry you didn't take anything away from your studies of Fanon, but I did especially Black Skin White Mask. If anything you should have come to realize what turns black folk and many folk of color against white people.

My experiences in this country were not great--woohoo-I love america experiences. I love my country now, but for what it could be not for what it is. I think that's a better way to look at it. I don't wanna blow # up now and that's because I read folk like Fanon and got over my hate for white folk, and my hate in general. The system is more open to change, and I work with children everyday that tell me about their experiences with racist. Mostly all you can do is hand them a book and discuss it openly.

My country creates black racist...I have many in my family and I still face mistreatment at the hands of racist from time to time. It's not as bad here as it was in the eighties when I was growing up, but our children still face racist attitudes and it still makes them cold, like Fanon explains so well, its a realization most black people have to come to once we are old enough to look around and complete understand the place of our people in the world. I see myself as american now but for a long time I didn't.

Frantz Fanon is dope you should read him again, not only to understand him but it's part of your history as a colonial power in Africa. To dismiss Fanon because he believed violence to be the answer against the oppressor is to miss what brought him to that point in the first place, the mistreatment of men like him and women like me.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
a band that made millions by putting on an act that they are revolutionary and against the system yet at the same time are part of the system.

they're an act. pure and simple.

just like anything else you see or listen to they are entertainment.

so funny to see sheeple take this # seriously.

they made money off of fools like you all.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sure some of it was an act. But what many dont realise. They put alot of their time, energy and MONEY to many good causes around the world. Weather it be anti-racism, support for rape victims etc. They also gave alot of media exposure to many political prisoners and put pressure on their captives. Tom Morrello is now the co-founder of Axis of Justice. A non profit organisation he set up with Serji from SOAD. This is a cause he puts his soul and money into. THey might not be revolutionarys but it wasnt all an act. THey did stand for many just causes plus, their music was and still is, awesome and inspiring.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePrankMonkey

Part of the system, yeah. Why? That's the question. One of their documentaries claimed that at first they did not want to accept Sony's record deal, but then accepted because they believed that the only way to defeat the system was to take it down from the inside. Using the system to get RATM's message out, Rage hoped to "hijack" the system.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join