It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get to know the political sides!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
These are statements that sum up who a reactionary, conservative, moderate, liberal, radical, and how about anarchist is. Here we go!

Reactionary: "SHUT UP! YOU KNOW NOTHING!"

Conservative: "You're 17. What would you know? I'm smarter than you, so f**k off!"

Moderate: "THERE IS A RIGHT AND WRONG! GO TO JAIL!"

Liberal: "The right-wing is EVIL. Grrr..."

Radical: "We'll kick your @$$ in!"

Anarchist: "POWER TO THE PEOPLE! ARGHH!!! (battle cry)"

I assure you these are unbiased and very accurate

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, the right wing IS evil.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Absolutely. But so are liberals. I think politics is generally negative and the ones who make the majority of it are liberals and conservatives. So both are very evil.

But then again, it's just their tactic to insult each other.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Absolutely. But so are liberals. I think politics is generally negative and the ones who make the majority of it are liberals and conservatives. So both are very evil.

if you notice, the ones who commit most of the crimes, the ones who LIE, the ones to take from the poor and give to the rich...are repugnants.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I beg to differ with you two. Liberals are not necessarily evil, maybe misguided and ignorant of the facts, but not necessarily evil. Left wingers are, though, as are right wingers.

Now once you learn, gain wisdom (which normally comes with time) and open your eyes, you'll see that conservatism is the right, moral, just and proper way. For America, anyway. I do not pretend to decide what's best for other nations.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   

if you notice, the ones who commit most of the crimes, the ones who LIE, the ones to take from the poor and give to the rich...are repugnants.

As opposed to taking money from people who actually did something with their lifes so the rich can support welfare and homeless people because they have been held down by the "MAN."

Democrats never lie, especially under oath or commit any illegal crimes such as illegal fund raising or selling all our nuclear secrets to foreign nations.(China)

Yeah I can see how democrats are so much better that republicans.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Liberal politics is a joke. I'm not giving up money that I earned to some crack addict, so he can pay his rent or whatever. I earned it, it's mine, I'll decide what I want done with it. If I want to give it to some guy smacked out on drugs I'll do it myself!(but don't count on it)

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Nuclear secrets: Stolen from a military base with a Bush owning the security contract during reagan's presidency, tested during bush I....get your facts straight Joe.

Those "crack Addicts": where do you see funding increased for any social assistance program in the last 3 .5 years, Joe?

BUT

You've seen:

Airlines "assisted" for $22Billion
Steel "assisted" for $15 Billion
Transportation "assisted" for $10 Billion
Energy "assisted" for Multi Billions and counting
Automakers "assisted" for $20 Billion
(and my father might still get laid off after 29 years
)

AND

A retoactive "tax rebate" to corporations that, in some cases, had paid no taxes

I don't know, Joe....does rehabilitation of that crack addict cost as much as the above?

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I beg to differ with you two. Liberals are not necessarily evil, maybe misguided and ignorant of the facts, but not necessarily evil. Left wingers are, though, as are right wingers.

Now once you learn, gain wisdom (which normally comes with time) and open your eyes, you'll see that conservatism is the right, moral, just and proper way. For America, anyway. I do not pretend to decide what's best for other nations.

I was using evil for a lack of a better word, but OH-KAY!

For one thing, I don't believe in politics so I am not affiliated. I also believe conservatism and reactionary makes little progress in the long run, and since there is no right, moral, and proper and cannot be achieved, I see little reason to gain this "wisdom" you speak of. That's not even wisdom, really. A truly wise person would learn to accept the fact that government by humans is impossible, but that's another story.

Liberals, conservatives, they all just screw up eventually.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
OK, Sweat, deny wisdom. It's your choice. The fact that you say there is no right, morality or properness tells me that indeed, you fall into the liberal side. Yes, there is right. Let's start with the simple scenario of I'm going to blow your brain out with a bazooka and then torture your family. Would you consider that right, wrong or indifferent, preferring not to place a value on the act(s)? Now that we have established that there is right/wrong, morality/immorality/amorality, properness and improperness, you have the ability to take larger steps at a later date. I swear, history, civics and government/economics teachers must be falling asleep in the classroom.

Anyway, B-T, did you not pay attention to the Clinton years? Are you really going to sit there in front of that monitor, eating those chips and drinking that Mad Dog 20/20 (I have great software and can see you!) and try and give Clinton a pass on the anti-American atrocities he pulled for Chinese cash?

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Given the total blandness and uselessness of the current US election system and politics in general, and everything you see most days at ATS, there are only two flavors. It's good to see a more expanded thinking.

I think most people actually fall into thes following camps before they fall into the perspirant's first post's boxes...

Apathists: "Why should I give a #?"

Monochromists: "The only issue that matters is (insert pet issue - gay whales, or minimum wage rates, or preserving the notion of "family values" to ensure the continued oppression of women, or cutting down power poles to bury underground cables)".

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Anarchist: "POWER TO THE PEOPLE! ARGHH!!! (battle cry)"

Aren't they the words of a communist?
(Maybe not the Battle Cry - that is Anarchist)

*screams battlecry and runs down large hill towards opposing army*

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Anyway, B-T, did you not pay attention to the Clinton years? Are you really going to sit there in front of that monitor, eating those chips and drinking that Mad Dog 20/20 (I have great software and can see you!) and try and give Clinton a pass on the anti-American atrocities he pulled for Chinese cash?

Please, tell me what those "antiAmerican atrocities" were? They must have been gospel truths because it came out during the $70M Ken Star investigation. What? They didn't? Doh!!
Dear sir, may I remind you that I am not a cheap drunk!

Though Boones Farm Apple Wine sure did get a portion of my teenage budget.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Nuclear secrets: Stolen from a military base with a Bush owning the security contract during reagan's presidency, tested during bush I....get your facts straight Joe.

Those "crack Addicts": where do you see funding increased for any social assistance program in the last 3 .5 years, Joe?

BUT

You've seen:

Airlines "assisted" for $22Billion
Steel "assisted" for $15 Billion
Transportation "assisted" for $10 Billion
Energy "assisted" for Multi Billions and counting
Automakers "assisted" for $20 Billion
(and my father might still get laid off after 29 years
)

AND

A retoactive "tax rebate" to corporations that, in some cases, had paid no taxes

I don't know, Joe....does rehabilitation of that crack addict cost as much as the above?

Good post, sorry it took me so long to respond. I lost this thread.(seriously I couldn't find it or remember the name)

First off...Nuclear secrets? I didn't mention giving away nuclear secrets, nor do I believe anyone did. My view in politics is purly Ideological. That's why you don't seem me screaming about Clinton constantly.

Though, now that I think about it Clinton did do one thing good. He created a balanced budget. But to do that he made a helluva big tax raise.

Do you know why there hasn't been any increased funding for social programs in the last 3.5 years? Do you think I'm stupid! Conservatives dislike social programs, take a look at who was president for those last 3.5 years.(honestly, you didn't think to sneak that one by me, did you?)

Increased assistance for industry! Oh NO! Let's not be to quick to help out our economy! Let's tax the # out of people instead! Drain the whole damn thing dry! You can't expect industry to take off right as soon as you pump money into it. It takes time, but it's working.

I don't, however, agree that some corporations should get away without paying taxes. Giving some corporations tax breaks and others none is favoritism. It causes harm to the economic system. One will eventually win out, and end up with a monopoly on the whole field.(prices raise, jobs leave, blahblahblah)

This is fun. Rebuttal?

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Clinton did raise monies allocated towards social services - all contingent upon results. It has worked.
"workfare" not welfare being a prime example.

You've confused corporate welfare with economic stimulus. Big Diff.

All those monies were given without stipulations attached.
So, that $22 Billion bailout the Airlines received on 9/22/2001 was free .....the airlines in turn laid off thousands of workers.....after receiving a bailout.
Same with every industry listed.
Economics is predicated on Darwinism - "the survival of the fittest". Inefficient companies fold, efficent ones take their place, standards are raised, innovation is pushed forward. It's a never ending cycle. Bailouts stops that. Competitiveness on the world stage is lost. We fall behind as a country. We lose a revenue segment.
Get it?

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
B-T, play games it you like, you know what I'm talking about.

Joey, he didn't really balance any budget, but played a beautiful shellgame, as both B-T and Col. know.

These guys and their word games and verbal trickery is getting boring. Discussing rationality with liars is boorish.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I thought he did balance the budget, but in order to do so he made a big tax hike. Technically that is balancing, but it's just a face, we still spent more money.

BT, how do you explain survival of the fittest in Microsoft's case? Is there any healy competition?

Bailouts doesn't stop the cycle if you do it for the whole industry.(as listed above) He gave aid to the steel industry, not a steel company. He gaive aid to the airline industry, not one airline. It was given to the industry, which in turn, helps the whole thing, not leaving anyone behind.

I thought you democrats liked equal distribution. I guess not when a republican does it, eh?

(Oh yeah, colonel, minorities like the dems better because that's all the dems campaign to. They appeal to minorities. Republicans could do the same, but why leave out everyone else?)

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
I thought he did balance the budget, but in order to do so he made a big tax hike. Technically that is balancing, but it's just a face, we still spent more money.

BT, how do you explain survival of the fittest in Microsoft's case? Is there any healy competition?

Bailouts doesn't stop the cycle if you do it for the whole industry.(as listed above) He gave aid to the steel industry, not a steel company. He gaive aid to the airline industry, not one airline. It was given to the industry, which in turn, helps the whole thing, not leaving anyone behind.

I thought you democrats liked equal distribution. I guess not when a republican does it, eh?

(Oh yeah, colonel, minorities like the dems better because that's all the dems campaign to. They appeal to minorities. Republicans could do the same, but why leave out everyone else?)

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz

As opposed to taking money from people who actually did something with their lifes so the rich can support welfare and homeless people because they have been held down by the "MAN."

Democrats never lie, especially under oath or commit any illegal crimes such as illegal fund raising or selling all our nuclear secrets to foreign nations.(China)

Yeah I can see how democrats are so much better that republicans.

ouch!

i espically like this one

"As opposed to taking money from people who actually did something with their lifes so the rich can support welfare and homeless people because they have been held down by the "MAN."
"

isnt taking money from the people who actually did something with there lifes and giving to people who do drugs and cant keep ther legs closed called communism?

im tired of paying for someone elses babies. its their fault. why should i be helping them for their actions? its not right and it needs to stop! people need to take responsibility for their #ing actions! even if they didnt mean for it to happen

[Edited on 12-5-2003 by KrazyIvan]

[Edited on 12-5-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   

OK, Sweat, deny wisdom. It's your choice. The fact that you say there is no right, morality or properness tells me that indeed, you fall into the liberal side. Yes, there is right. Let's start with the simple scenario of I'm going to blow your brain out with a bazooka and then torture your family. Would you consider that right, wrong or indifferent, preferring not to place a value on the act(s)? Now that we have established that there is right/wrong, morality/immorality/amorality, properness and improperness, you have the ability to take larger steps at a later date. I swear, history, civics and government/economics teachers must be falling asleep in the classroom.

Dude, there is more to this world than liberals and conservatives.

Also, how can you prove that there is such a thing as morality, properness, etc? Aren't these thing just decided upon by society? But something decided upon society does not make them true, and if there is such a thing as "right," something decided upon by society isn't "right" either.

Just because we don't believe in what you believe doesn't mean we think killing people ruthlessly is the way to go. I think it's time you stop looking at things in black and white, because believe me, no believe IT, the world is entirely gray.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join