It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Carrick and Crouch in England squad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Sven-Goran Eriksson hailed Peter Crouch as a potential answer to England's search for a World Cup game-breaker as he handed the gangly Southampton forward his first international call-up.

Eriksson has already effectively decided upon three of his likely World Cup forward options - Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney and Jermain Defoe.

However, there is at least one place still up for grabs, with Crouch, Andrew Johnson and Alan Smith having a chance to press their claims after being selected for the mini-tour to the United States.

Squad

Green (Norwich), Carson (Liverpool), James (Manchester City) Campbell (Arsenal), Upson (Birmingham), Brown (Manchester United), G Neville (Manchester United), A Cole (Arsenal), P Neville (Manchester United), Johnson (Chelsea), Jenas (Newcastle), Downing (Middlesbrough), Beckham (Real Madrid), Carrick (Tottenham), J Cole (Chelsea), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich) Wright-Phillips (Manchester City), Smith (Manchester United), Owen (Real Madrid), Crouch (Southampton), A Johnson (Crystal Palace), Defoe (Tottenham).

Rest of story....

[Edited on 12/5/05 by TRD]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
They are only in the squad because of injuries to other players, Crouch has been good this season but England?

TRD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Crouch for England? Behave.... He isn't in International football class, not by a long shot...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
hehe.. its kinda funny though that crouch is in and beattie aint, or is he injured?

up front though, apart from Rooney, who else they missing up front?

TRD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Zat Knight and Kieran Richardson have been called up to the England squad for the forthcoming tour of the US. England coach Sven Goran Eriksson named his squad for the trip to America last week, but has seen his options limited by several withdrawals. Chelsea duo John Terry and Frank Lampard, Manchester United pair Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney and Liverpool aces Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher have all been forced to miss the tour.

LINK

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
am really suprised with the two latest call up ones.

zat knight is a huge player, he will find it hard to break in as there is alot of competition for defense.

and kieron richardson, he will give width on the left, i think it iwll be a good idea to try him as there aint many guys who play there for england

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Knight is never good enough for England.

Richardson? Very suprised, Downing is the answer on the left.

As for Beattie, he is rubbish, his work rate is non-existant.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Crouch for england do me a favour, we are in real trouble if we have to use the likes of that circus freak. Now andy johnson would be class, solid with pace to burn and to do the job for palace up front by himself what a legend

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Forgot to say baettie is a complete pile of camel s**t

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Like your views on Beattie!

Johnson should get more of a look in, playing him wide right in the last friendly was a disgrace.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
i guess having a extra winger cant do any harm

and yip, beattie and crouch aint the answer, i think AJ should get a go up front rather that the right of midfield like last time, thats was a joke!

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
AJ will be something special in the future but he has to leave palace to do that, he would give the england side so much up front and lets face it its time for owen to warm the bench for a while coz he aint cut it for england for a while.
One more thing another discrace for england is phil neville even gettin near the training ground, he is a lower league player and is as useful as a chocolate fireguard

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The other Neville brother, the one that shouldn't have lived......

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Thats the one, the gormless tosser!!!!

TRD

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more with ya comments.

I would like to see AJ play as a striker and not a winger and see what he can do for England. He is going to be around for years and will turn out to be a top striker. Anyone else think he might be Liverpool bound?

What about Carrick? He has been doing good for spurs and i think he deserves a chance...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
i think AJ will sign for newcaslte, i think liverpool have a strikers at the club and would have to sell one before they buy. newcastle need to buy no matter what

is carrick uncapped? hes a decent player but he has loads of competition to get in the centre of midfield i reckon

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Carrick has got a big cue infront of him but may get in the squad behind lampard+gerrard awesome. AJ needs to go to a big club and newcastle would be perfect+he could learn alot of shearer one of the best ever

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Carrick has been capped, when he was at West Ham.
If everyone was fit he shouldn't come close to the squad.

Sir

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
To be honest i don't see the point of playing them. They will never get a game when it counts in one of the major tournaments and i don't know why they bother trying them.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The FA needs money and nobody else is available! These things always suck a d&ck

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join