It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: We all want West Ham to stay up, don't we ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oh yes we won 1-0 today,,,come on!!!!

That's us and bolton with 1 game left each on the same points and leeds united on the same points with 2 games left...

I don't think i can take it all down to the last game of the season.....

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Sitting in an office full of Chelsea fans, today is soooo sweet! The guy opposite me is a true Bolton fan so the build up to the end of the season has been tense. Would have like Leeds to go down, they don't deserve to be in the top flight. Hopefully the boys will get another result on the weekend to stay up and show everyone what we can really do next season. There's only one Trevor Brooking!

TRD

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yeah i can relate to that,im surrounded by Spurs fans so it is just as bad...I think we can do it i can't see Bolton beating Middlesbourgh maybe a draw...The way we have been playing we should beat Birmingham but it is going to be a nailbiter..Either way we will make History...The only team to be bottom at christmas and stay up..Or the team with the most points to go down...

Come On You Irons !!!

Sir

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm trying to stay cool this week but i just want Sunday to hurry up and get here.
It would of been nice if Leeds didn't win,would have added another life line to us but i have faith in the boyz and for once in my life..........................................."COME ON THE BOROUGH"

TRD

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   

ITS HAMMER TIME !!

[Edited on 6-5-2003 by TRD]

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   

COME ON YOU DAMN IRONS !!!!!

Good luck TRD, Teflon, and Sir! I hope they ham them up so they dont get dropped down. Huge game on Sunday, Go West Ham!!!

COME ON YOU DAMN IRONS !!!!!

TRD

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Thank's fot the support PA,it is one the most important day's in our clubs history for a while...It will devastate us if we go down financially...

We even have our own song that the Fan's sing at the ground...

Bubbles....

I'm forever blowing bubbles
Pretty bubbles in the air
They fly so high
They reach the sky
Just like my dreams
They fade and die
Fortunes always hiding
I look every where
Im forever blowing bubbles
Pretty bubbles in the air...

Followed by a chant of...

United,United,United,United

then...Come on You Irons,Come on you Irons...

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This silence isn't good, the game has got to be over by now. Or maybe you guys are busy celebrating a big win. Come On You Damn Irons! :bounce:

TRD

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
First of all Thanks Ben for the smilies!

Today you might get a insight to what i am like...I have supported my team for over 25 years..I have been their at the games,i have talked West Ham all my life with a passion that burns deep inside of me... I have Cheered for my team,I have fought for my team and got into trouble all my life..It is hard to put into words i am struggling...The passion is their in my chest and my heart..
But today we have been relegated,some may laugh and think this is a joke,but i am a proud man and i love my team with a passion like some people love god...

I cannot say no more this is a sad day in my life...

TRD

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
TRD, I can relate to what you are feeling, I am very passionate about a couple teams that I have always cheered for. and I know that feeling when they lose and are done for the season. Just try and remember that it's just a game and things could be much worse. Thats the good thing about sports, there's always next year. Hang in there buddy! :tum:

TRD

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Thanks PA... Its very difficult to explain but my Team is part of my life...As i say people might think it is funny,Damm i will look back and most probebly think the same..Hey you know me i will bounce back so will they...

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
,Damm i will look back and most probebly think the same..Hey you know me i will bounce back so will they...

Thats the spirit ! :tum:

TRD

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hopefully lets hope for a good season in the 1st division and we go straight back up to the premier league..And they don't sell too many of our talented players..!

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It was a black day on Sunday.
Went to Stoke on Saturday to watch the Daggers (local semi-pro team) loose in the Conference play-off final, then watched West Ham go down at Birmingham, not a good weekend. Let's hope the boys can bounce back next year and we don't have to sell too many players over the summer.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
"For all the questions about West Ham's season, the grim future and who's to blame, only one question really came out of yesterday for me: Is there a figure in football easier to loathe than Robbie Savage?"

"�However hard it is to accept and painful it is to be a part of, today's relegation was made even worse by the antics of Lily Savage. She was out to regain her appalling reputation right from the start and was lucky to still be on the pitch by half-time. "

"Don't worry Savage, we have long memories, just ask Judas Ince."

www.football365.com...

Sounds like a little rivalry.

"

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
West Ham's relegation leaves a gaping �20million gap in the club's finances, but who is likely to stay and who will go?

www.ananova.com...

TRD

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
PA nice of you to show a interest..

Feel The Wrath of a West Ham supporter.

Robbie Savage is one of the worst footballers i have seen he is just not a discrace he is a FU***NG joke! He is one of the dirtiest footballers i have seen lately and plays for a crap football team Birmingham..!

As for the players leaving Jermaine Defoe is a great little player but He can F**K off out of it if he puts in a transfer request,the same goes for the rest of the team if they show no loyalty like us Fans then they are all Judases just like FAT FRANK LAMPARD Jnr,PAUL INCE and RIO FERDINAND to name a few....When i have calmed down a bit i will tell you the ones i would like to stay....

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Savage is a decent player, he shows real committment which is what you want from a defensive midfielder. He is no dirty than a Roy Keane and has never been sent off!
As a man he is a complete w*nk*r and to do that to another professional is a disgrace, he should be fined.

Don't forget, Rio didn't ask to leave we just took the 18m and sold him to Leeds!

TRD

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Savage just gets away with his off the ball antics but they will mark his card now,he might work hard on the pitch and put himself about but i have got my talent in my little finger than him.....

Yeah Rio didn't really want to go but he soon quit leeds aswell,but that might have been for the money aswell...

Been a lot of talk so far as to who might go,i hope the players show a bit of loyalty and stay and just the ones who's contracts are up go..as everyone keeps saying..!

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Loyalty is such a rare thing nowadays in sports, at least over here. Years ago players would have 20 year careers and play for one team thier entire career. Now players just follow where the money is.

I dont blame players for wanting to make more money, but if your team offers you say 6 million and another team offers 7 million, what is the difference?(Iknow, 1 million
) But seriously when you're already making multi-millions, what is one more? I think thats where loyalty comes in and you just dont see it much anymore.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join