It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stick a fork in the U.K - they're (just about) done.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Guess the U.S. is going to have to go it alone in the War on Terror. Why am I saying this? Take a look at this article from the Telegraph and keep in mind that we are talking about England, here:

Article

Mohammed, and its most common alternative spelling Muhammad, are now more popular babies' names in England and Wales than George, reflecting the diverse ethnic mix of the population.

Yes, yes. Today it is just the babies names. But 30 years from now these babies will be making the decisions in Britain. They will not have assimilated into British culture. No, they will be demanding that the original inhabitants of the U.K. be assimilated into their islamic "culture". I'm sure any resistance to that will be both futile - and fatal.

Not good news at all ...

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yes and Jacob is more popular still - so what does that tell us?

You know, sometimes I'm just so damned happy we stood beside you it almost hurts.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by timeless test]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

But 30 years from now these babies will be making the decisions in Britain

Come on, that is a low blow.

Using babies as a tool to spread your views against a religion is a new low for the ATS anti-Islam crew.

because my name is Daniel, does that mean i am not going to be "assimilated into British culture" because i have a Catholic name

BTW, regarding the War on Terror, Irish Republicans are the biggest threat to the UK still...not Islamic extremist (plus the RIRA has carried more attacks this year than any Islamic terrorist group)

But you only focus on Muslims, right?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i dunno about the war on terror as that's all a bit suspicious isn't it? It's not for nothing britain is known as the most belligerent nation on earth though! But I think you can rely on the fact that in 30 or 300 years time Britain won't be a part of any caliphate. We have a severe drinking problem over here and I can't see the Irish, Scots, Welsh or English giving that up for any god.

Bacon sandwiches are very popular too, even among vegetarians and we have the highest teenage birth rate in Europe. When not drunk britain is a nation of gamblers, a nation of people with bad debt and just about everything else forbidden in the koran.

It's fair to say hell will freeze over before britain wakes up en masse for morning prayers.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
He makes sense really. He may come across as a bit racist but what he's saying isnt exactly far from the truth.

Islamists are one of the many religions that often refuse to assimilate into the culture they live in.
I live in Canada. In Canada we actually don't want you to be assimilated, the whole point to Canada is to have a diverse cultural mix, probably because we don't have an original culture of our own to assimilate anyone into, lol.
But Islamists are some of the more stubborn in their nature as I've seen... them and the french, but they have their own province so we let them act however they want.

Now for britain, they aren't so much geared toward diversity, as they are toward assimilation. And thats fine, theres nothing wrong with having a culture to assimilate immigrants into.
However, groups coming into britain, not willing to assimilate into the culture can only mean one thing, they will inevitably try to change britain to suit them.

It's like the old saying, you can either let your environment change you, or you can change your environment.

However, there are also alot of other cultures coming into Britain aswell, who will most likely balance things out. Sure you wont have the gool old british culture, it will evolve into more of a global culture. But meh, good things never last do they?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
He makes sense really. He may come across as a bit racist but what he's saying isnt exactly far from the truth.

Uh, correction for you. What I said was in no way "racist".

Reason: islam is a religion that includes people of just about all races as members, not justone that you could call me a "racist" for commenting on it.

Look it all up, the definition of the words, everything.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

But 30 years from now these babies will be making the decisions in Britain

Come on, that is a low blow.

Using babies as a tool to spread your views against a religion is a new low for the ATS anti-Islam crew.

Daniel,

Using babies for what??? Come on and get a grip on reality here. I'm not using anything for anything. Just mentioned a fact. Now if it's news to you that babies grow up to be adults and then start running businesses and governments, well, then we need to find another level to try and communicate on. Better yet, I'll just take a pass.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Come on and get a grip on reality here. I'm not using anything for anything. Just mentioned a fact.

you said

they will be demanding that the original inhabitants of the U.K. be assimilated into their islamic "culture"

which is not a fact.
You have stated that Muslim children, when they grow up, are going to enslave the UK.

Which is not a fact, but a racist slur.

But hey, Americans are the experts of making original inhabitants assimilate to their culture eh?

If your theory is true, then Muslims are only doing what other cultures and religions have done in the past.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Okay, so racist was the wrong word. So sue me.
I suppose I could have said bias against certain religions, but it really doesnt have the same ring to it, you know?

If there's one thing that aggrivates me, it's people picking apart minor discrepancies in the english language as an argument. You know what I meant, you know I knew what I meant, and you know that others reading that would know what it meant, so what was the point in bringing it up?

You should pick who you argue with a little more carefully. I was agreeing with you, and on an issue that most would immediately take sides against you on.

But hey, one less voice on your side shouldn't hurt, right? lol.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

yeah, he does. You might as well forget britain, they are going to be subjugated under the koran soon. They are gone.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

which is not a fact.
You have stated that Muslim children, when they grow up, are going to enslave the UK.

you better get over this PC brainwashing if you want your culture to survive the onslaught.

But hey, Americans are the experts of making original inhabitants assimilate to their culture eh?

yeah, brits are ones to talk.

If your theory is true, then Muslims are only doing what other cultures and religions have done in the past.

And you are ok with your culture/country dying as a result? :shk:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

which is not a fact.

Again, look up the definition of "racist". You apparently do not know what the word means.

Yes, it's been called "the melting pot" and up to the time where diversity and multi-culturalism became confused with multi-ethnicity, it worked quite well in the U.S.

And if your response is that doing so is a bad thing, then you've agreed with my original point. Because if people in the past didn't like being assimilated by invaders, then the British don't have to like or accept it now.

Understand?

[edit on 12/21/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Okay, so racist was the wrong word. So sue me.
I suppose I could have said bias against certain religions, but it really doesnt have the same ring to it, you know?

You should pick who you argue with a little more carefully. I was agreeing with you, and on an issue that most would immediately take sides against you on.

I understand that you agreed with my basic point. But you should pick your labels much more carefully. No one wants to be called a racist, whether you agree or do not agree with them. Last, the nuances of language are often the most important points. Using a very broad brush, as you did to paint my comments, was incorrect. Try the fine point pen the next time, OK?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
*sighs* you know what i mean, so don't try and twist words.

Yes, it's been called "the melting pot" and up to the time where diversity and multi-culturalism became confused with multi-ethnicity, it worked quite well in the U.S.

Tell me, what happened to the Native Americans and their land then?

got bored and moved to Cuba did they

And if your response is that doing so is a bad thing, then you've agreed with my original point. Because if people in the past didn't like being assimilated by invaders, then the British don't have to like or accept it now.

But the way you have constructed this thread seems to come across that Muslims are the first in history to do it. I think you are very hypocritical to in what you say, especially since America has had a long history (especially in its early days) of forcing others (Native American's) into their ways.

UK is a nation built on immigration and other cultures, that what made our country great. Hindu and Jewish communities have brought wonders to our land, so what is the problem with the Muslim community

you better get over this PC brainwashing if you want your culture to survive the onslaught.

Tell me, how can 2% of a population cause a "onslaught" to our culture

(i just notice your post on my reply section, i forgot you was ignore)

I think its about time many people looked up their Country's history, especially Americans, and see what immigration has done for your nations.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

(i just notice your post on my reply section, i forgot you was ignore)

If it was only 2% of your country I dont think the most popular name in the UK would be friggin mohammed!

I have no time to waste on people who wont prevent their own demise.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
If it was only 2% of your country I dont think the most popular name in the UK would be friggin mohammed!

- If you have a look at the entire article (and have half a clue about the birth-rate here) you'd see that it isn't anything like as scary as some seem determined to see it as - nor the basis for a take-over of the UK by those scary Islamics either.

Wooooooooooh a couple of thousand Mohammeds and Muhammeds .........

.........amongst how many hundreds of thousands of others?

There were 645,835 births in 2005 compared with 639,721 in 2004

www.statistics.gov.uk...

The Office for National Statistics said there were 2,833 baby boys called Mohammed in 2006.

The name is 22nd in the list of most popular boys' names, moving up a place from last year.

Spelled Muhammad, it is the 44th most popular name and enters the top 50 for the first time along with Noah, Oscar, Lucas and Rhys.

There were 2,833 babies called Mohammed born in 2006 and 1,422 called Muhammad. The total exceeds the number of Georges (3,386) or Josephs (3,755).

The list of popular babies' names for 2006 also shows that the cult of celebrity is changing the baptismal tide.

- Well I think you'll find the British people have no time for people so obviously promoting what amounts to either a 'hate' or a 'scare agenda'; 2% of the population isn't going to scare anyone here.
Sorry but it just isn't.

We're supposed to fear 4200 babies (with no hint of being a problem to anybody anyways) out of a total of around 650 000.

That is just laughable.

It's also worth pointing out that in very recent times ethnic Irish people, who are a far larger % of the population than Muslims are, didn't create a popular fear either.
By and large (with a few isolated exceptions), British people did not turn on the Irish here either, even though a few Irish extremists made life a murderous hell in British cities at times with no-warning bombs etc etc - for around a century (and as has been already said there remains a vestigial threat of sorts).
Ireland remains closely linked by family and 'Irish' as a nationality is very popular and seen as the nationality a majority of British people would rather be if they couldn't be British.

If anything the sizable section of the wider British public has maintained a degree of respect for the ideals of those who would like a united Ireland without British involvement.....even if the terrorist acts revolted and disgusted all decent people (whatever their origin).
Same as a significant number of British people can have sympathy with those who believe the Iraq war wrong and be revolted and disgusted by those who would try to commit terrorist acts here.

We're not easily frightened. Been there, seen it (sadly) done it.
For decades.
Terrorism and terrorist acts that appear to be coming from a section of the community might be something new to the USA but it isn't here.
Wake up.

BTW the Telegraph is quite 'out there' on the right-wing of British 'newspapers', they aren't especially representitive.
This is, sadly, becoming all too typical of the spin and partial reporting that typifies right-wing biased fear-mongering rags like the Telegraph these days.
4200 out of 650 000.
Babies.
Pathetic

Excuse us if we sober British types keep our eyes on the facts and ignore the siren calls and propaganda of those who so obviously offer us nothing but suspicion, fear, trouble, separation and hate.

You know what they can do with their scare-stories.

......and if I was worried about anybody it'd be all those dodgy Jacks that are going to knocking about in a few decades time, being so nimble and quick and trying to take over the place, being jolly tars and acting the lad.
Watch out for your candlesticks!

[edit on 21-12-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

What demise?

im sorry, but i really do not buy into your views on Muslims. You know why? because the problem does not exist.

Muslims do become apart of my society, all my Muslims friends join in with Christmas celebrations and i even have cards from them. Lets not forget the Muslim families who do put up Christmas trees and those who joined in with the nation during the World Cup in the summer. A good Muslim friend of mine even visits Canterbury Catherdral with me....

so thats your little theory out the window

So please, stop trying to spread a hate agenda.

Ohhh and im number 9 on popular name list

The name Tony is the most feared in the UK btw

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I think its about time many people looked up their Country's history, especially Americans, and see what immigration has done for your nations.

***sticks head in the sand (in an attempt at better communication)***

I love history and am a student of it. You should try it yourself sometime.

Regarding your own example using U.S. history, do you not understand that there was a time when the European population of "immigrants" was even much less than 2% of the total North American population? And we all know what happened.

And before you presume to lecture me or anyone else on American history, everyone knows what immigrants have contributed. But, and this is key so pay attention, those immigrants wanted to be come part of the existing culture that was forming in the U.S. They didn't come here to overthrow it. I'll try another way for you to help you understand. They wanted to add their culture to the mix (like a little salt to help bring out the taste), not stay separate until they were strong enough to force everyone here to conform to their religion/culture.

From the U.K., we're starting to see reports of muslims taking themselves out of the jurisdiction of British law and setting up parallel sharia justice systems for themselves. There is absolutely no way this can be a good thing for the U.K. Even you must have to admit that is true.

So, people can choose to stick their heads in the sand and tell themselves things like, "It's not directly affecting me at the moment, so I'll just pretend it's not serious". Until one day it does affect you directly. But by then it will probably be too late to do anything about it.

Or is it that you're OK with the disappearance of 2,000 years of unique British culture? Maybe you look at all the current muslim dominated countries and you think, "Now that's the way I wish it was right here in the U.K.!"

Oh, and can I ask just what you are a subject matter expert for?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Muslims do become apart of my society, all my Muslims friends join in with Christmas celebrations and i even have cards from them. Lets not forget the Muslim families who do put up Christmas trees and those who joined in with the nation during the World Cup in the summer. A good Muslim friend of mine even visits Canterbury Catherdral with me....

Right. Bet they'd be real happy to find out you've posted that fact for all to read. Not.

I have to ask. Do you have even one (believable) link showing an example of what you just wrote?

Until you do, then I will believe that you are the one with the agenda here to try give the impression that something exists, which really doesn't.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
im sorry, but i really do not want to waste my time with someone who is trolling just cause problems and get a reaction.

say hello to my ignore list

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join