It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napoleon's visit to the great pyramid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Here's an interesting little story...

In the 18th century many foreign visitors came to the great pyramid of Giza in Egypt. They were scholars, scientists, historians, explorers, etc. One of the most famous visitors to the great pyramid was Napoleon Bonaparte. His military expedition to Egypt in 1798 was not only military but archeological as well. He took with him engineers, surveyors, astronomers, artists and archeologists. They surveyed, measured, explored, and made drawings of the great pyramid. Their work was published in many volumes from 1809 to 1822 by order of Napoleon.

There is an interesting note to this story about Napoleon on his visit to the great pyramid. He asked to be left alone in the King�s chamber. When he emerged, it was reported that he looked visibly shaken. When an aide asked him if he had witnessed anything mysterious, he replied that he had no comment, and that he never wanted the incident mentioned again. Years later, when he was on his deathbed, a close friend asked him what really happened in the King�s chamber. He was about to tell him and stopped. Then he shook his head and said, "No, what's the use. You'd never believe me." As far as we know, he never told anyone and took the secret to his grave. (It is interesting to note that there is an unsubstantiated story that Napoleon had hinted that he was given some vision of his destiny during his stay in the King's Chamber).

Alexander the Great also spent time alone in the King's Chamber like many famous people throughout history. What draws these individuals to this place?

www.gizapyramid.com...

[Edited on 1-12-2003 by Olafski]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   

A possible explanation...

In the 1930s, author Paul Brunton spent a night there and was assailed by visions of "a circle of hostile creatures" which he likened to "elemental creations, grotesque shapes, madmen, hulking and devilish apparitions". Was this mere hallucination? In more recent times such ideas have been put down to the background radiation given off by the black granite of the chamber, but surely if it was that simple then everyone who visited the chamber would experience a similar thing, wouldn't they?

Early experiments indicated that the King's Chamber 'spirit stones' did seem to generate an electrical field which caused minor shock to at least one poor visitor drinking from a metal hip flask! It has been suggested that the Pyramid, because of its granite blocks, could transmit and receive radio and even microwave signals very well, and some believe that it gives off energy in an 'emanating apex' � this means that energy spirals off the top of the structure in a circle which widens as it permeates the atmosphere. Whilst some have seen this as mere New Age hokum, others have said this confirms their suspicions that the Pyramid is some kind of beacon intended for use from space.

More recently, ex-NASA consultant Richard Hoagland has stated that radioactive sand was found in a chamber behind the Queen's Chamber, which might explain both the weird experiences of Napoleon et al and the anomalous radioactive date readings given by the Pyramid, in which it appears that the top of the structure is 1000 years older than the bottom! This has led some people to speculate that the Pyramid was constructed upside down in mid air by alien technology and then swung over into place on the Giza Plateau. I could not possible comment.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
My history teacher told me something about Nap.'s visit to Pyramids.

He ordered his men (this was before he got into power) to fire on the sphinx nose as target practise before the sculpture image looked like that of a black man!

Anyone heard of that one?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
yup heard that one. there was even a famous pic of nap ordering his men to fire at the sphinx

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
yup heard that one. there was even a famous pic of nap ordering his men to fire at the sphinx

Really, can you tell me where I can find one?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
here is one pic of napolean looking at the sphinx

im still trying to find the one i metioned i think i saw it in my highschool history book

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Is that Nap.?

He looks a little too tall for Nap.

Is that a painting from a painter who actually witnessed it in person?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think that Napoleon just felt some weird sensation in there. There is a large amount of radiation in the pyramids because of all the weird stuff they keep in there and how it's built.

Maybe it just have him some sort of hallucination. I don't think it's anything paranormal, just that he felt a bit dizzy.

No, Napoleon didn't shoot off the Sphinx's nose. Thats just another urban legend.

Alot of visitors and scholars noted that the Sphinx had a significant amount of damage to it, mostly because of conflicts between two warring tribes. Some of them also report the Sphinx without the nose, before Napoleon visited.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I doubt it is because of the stuff they keep in there, it is probably on the way it was built or just another hoax.

Heck. No can prove it or disprove it.

top topics

join