It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: fantasy stock car racing

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
will do my best then, hopefully i can do a better job this week than i did last week for you

TRD

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hey Toejam that wasn't your fault..

I got my team..

Matt Kenseth
Kasey Kahne
Elliot Sadlier
Joe Nemechek

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
i will post my team just before the race, they are secluded now, preparing to be flogged, just a taste of what awaits them if they don't perform better this week!!!!!!

TRD

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
LOL Tj yeah they need whipping into shape !!

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
if they don't come through this week they will quickly find out what happens to slackers

Sir

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I hope my team does well today.

Kurt Busch
Greg Biffle
Kasey Kahne
Casey Mears

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
here is a report on the busch race at bristol yesterday, this is the way it can go there, always a wild race

Truex gets first Busch win in chaotic race

By MIKE HARRIS, AP Motorsports Writer

March 27, 2004

AP - Mar 27, 4:01 pm EST
More Photos

BRISTOL, Tenn. (AP) -- Martin Truex Jr. won his first NASCAR Busch Series race Saturday, pulling away after a restart nine laps from the finish in a race that ended in confusion and anger at Bristol Motor Speedway.

Truex, in his 20th race and first full season in Busch, gave Chance 2 Motorsports co-owners Dale Earnhardt Jr. and stepmother Teresa Earnhardt their first Busch victory by a driver other than Little E.

``Dale Jr. is a class act, giving me this opportunity,'' Truex said after celebrating with a smoking burnout on the front straightaway. ``I told him I would make the most of it. I think we can go on and win the championship.''

Truex is the first Busch regular to win a race this year. The previous events were won by Nextel Cup stars Earnhardt, Jamie McMurray, Kevin Harvick and Greg Biffle.

There weren't very many other happy drivers after the race, which ended under caution.

NASCAR stopped the race for just over eight minutes to clean the track after Robby Gordon ran into the back of Tim Fedewa's car and spewed water from a broken radiator on lap 233 of the 250-lap event.

ADVERTISEMENT

After the green flag came back out on lap 242, there was some very hard racing for position.

On the next trip around the half-mile concrete oval, David Stremme bumped past Harvick for fourth place. On lap 248, Harvick hit Stremme from behind and put him in the wall. Both continued racing and NASCAR left the race under green.

Half a lap later, Biffle hit Johnny Sauter, sending Sauter sliding sideways, and the green flag remained out.

Finally, NASCAR had to wave the eighth caution flag of the day on lap 249 when Johnny Benson and Stremme crashed together as Benson tried to drive past the battered car for a top-five finish.

As the field finished the race under caution, Mike Bliss, who was second, apparently got confused and pulled into the pits on the front straightaway, giving up the runner-up spot to Harvick. Bliss wound up driving across the finish line on pit road and in 17th.

Rookie Kyle Busch wound up third, followed by Biffle, David Green and Tony Raines. Benson wound up 13th and Stremme 18th.

Former series champion Harvick, who came into the fifth race of the season with a 26-point lead over Green, increased his lead to 41 points. Truex moved past Michael Waltrip into third, 50 points behind the leader.

It appeared that a number of cars made passes on the final lap, a violation under NASCAR's rule that freezes the field when a yellow comes out.

AP - Mar 27, 3:57 pm EST
More Photos

Tempers flared and there were a number of heated arguments and accusations after the race. The NASCAR hauler looked like a meeting hall as drivers and crew chiefs crowded in with complaints about finishing position or to be chastised by NASCAR for their actions.

Waltrip was scored in seventh but complained to NASCAR, to no avail, that he was passed under yellow and should have been third.

``There at the end, it was pretty much mayhem,'' Busch said. ``I saw a bunch of guys squirting down low and I just followed them down there.''

Harvick apologized to Stremme for putting him in the wall, saying it was not intended as a payback. But Benson and Stremme wound up in a verbal confrontation, first on pit road and again in the NASCAR hauler.

``I know he doesn't have full control of his car there, but he needs to slow down,'' the irate Benson said.

Biffle may have been the most disappointed driver after starting from the pole and leading the first 116 laps. His team chose to try to make it on one stop and Biffle wound up nearly losing a lap on worn tires. He never got back into contention.

``There's no excuse for it,'' Biffle said. ``We should have come in and we didn't.''

Updated on Saturday, Mar 27, 2004 4:22 pm EST

Email to a Friend | View Popular

Ben

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
LETS GET IT ON!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
less than 2 hours to go now, are you gonna watch the race today ben? should be a good one

Ben

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
yea i think i will catch parts of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
this weeks TEAM TOEJAM

newman
biffle
sadler
nemechek

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
7, 12,14,27 for team toejam this week, better than i have been doing at leaqst

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yeah you didn't do too bad this week Tj...i'm guessing a bit better than most of the others lol!

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
standings for sportztawk fantazy stock car racing after the food city 500

Rank Team Points
1 AegisFang 1566
2 PA Racing Inc. 1520
3 Terminator X 1478
4 TEAM TOEJAM 1469
5 Sir Winalot Racing 1463
6 Speedfreaks 1329
7 TRD racing 1313
8 Big CA 1312
9 icemachine 1209

Ben

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
AH!!!! HOW AM I STILL IN LAST

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
well team Aegisfang lost some ground today, thanks to that Jamie McFlurry punk. who the hell does he think he is? taking out Kasey Kahne on lap 50 or so. and then he starts trying to wreck Kenseth so he obliges him back and spins him on pit road? frickin rookiesl.

Ben

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
damn rookies got to hate them

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
damn rookies got to hate them

except now that i think about it, he's not a rookie. and from reading at Nascar.com he blames kenseth. this kid has tangled with kenseth before, on many occasions and from what he says afterwards i think he's some kind of hatred for him. so Jamie Mcflurry you bypass dale jr. on my list of people to punch in the face before i die.

it was a great race today though, i would have loved to see Crusty Wallace take the victory though. on to texas.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
the standings have tightened up a bit this week

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Holy smokes batman.....I took a hard hit yesterday. In the overall points,after 2 weeks of gaining points....I lost more than 16,000 spots. Not to mention Bristol dropped me almost all the way to the bottom here at ST.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join