It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why December 25th?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I could be very wrong or maybe misinformed but
I've been looking for the actual day of Christ's birth being stated in the text as actually on Dec. 25, I can't find it.
The only evidence of His birthmonth I could find is in Luke,1 26-37. There's no actual date, angel Gabriel
went to Galilee the 6th month and told Mary of her expected Son. assuming a 9 month pregnancy on our calendar would set his borndate in late March, early April,no? I could be very wrong if I am let me know.

peace
TRUESABBATH

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by STOLENSCRIPTURE
I could be very wrong or maybe misinformed but
I've been looking for the actual day of Christ's birth being stated in the text as actually on Dec. 25, I can't find it.
The only evidence of His birthmonth I could find is in Luke,1 26-37. There's no actual date, angel Gabriel
went to Galilee the 6th month and told Mary of her expected Son. assuming a 9 month pregnancy on our calendar would set his borndate in late March, early April,no? I could be very wrong if I am let me know.

peace
TRUESABBATH

It's never been the actual date of Christs B-Day. It was something to do with Semaramis and the Sun God. It's got something to do with the Sun's equinox the death and rise of the sun/son. People used to dress trees up with little balls which represented the Sun/Son ex. Xmas Balls. heh. Anyways thats how it started. In actual fact, Jesus was born in Sept. sometime 'they say' i've even heard a very strong theory that he was born on September 11th. Shepherds would never have been tending to the sheep in the middle of Winter like previously assumed. Autumn would have been the time that he was born around.

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
yeah I know about the sun worship with the trees they hung people on evergreens, but since so many people celebrate CHRISTmas who are Catholics/Christians, I want to know how many of us ever question the reason for the holyday, before being used as a tool to sustain the economy. I would figure it to be in the 7th month
but thats impossible since Mary concieved sometime in the 6th month.

TRUESABBATH

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   

yeah I know about the sun worship with the trees they hung people on evergreens, but since so many people celebrate CHRISTmas who are Catholics/Christians, I want to know how many of us ever question the reason for the holyday, before being used as a tool to sustain the economy. I would figure it to be in the 7th month

TRUESABBATH

The 6th month, how do you figgure that one?

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
not 100% but if Gabriel was sent to Mary in the 6th month as in Luke,1 then I would think she concieved a short time after, maybe even the 7th.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   

not 100% but if Gabriel was sent to Mary in the 6th month as in Luke,1 then I would think she concieved a short time after, maybe even the 7th.

Jesus may have been premature as well, there are many factors.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Don't forget... Mary got pregnant without having sex itself... she was still a virgin... so that is not the normal way to get a kid... so perhaps the 9 months aren't necessary...

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by LeenBekkemaa]

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Wait something else got me thinking... by another topic in this treath about Jesus being mentioned elsewhere then just in the bible... some people believe that in the Egyptian mythology Osiris was the same as Jesus, I think it was Horus (and perhaps also Moses)... but that doesn't matter... If we are also going to say that Ra was God and Isis was Mary (that would make a lot of sense) just like all the other Gods of the religions...

Then we have to say that they were all the same and been there for thousands of years... also Jesus... however it is said that Jesus was born about 2003 years ago...

Are we however going to look at the Egyptian mythology again, we see that a lot of God shape-shifted back then. The Gods had many forms. It is even said that Isis was the reincarnation of Mary (and when they are both the same just in another form then it doesn't matter anymore that Isis was there before Mary).

What if Jesus was the same... the date of birth was the date when he became to look different, the day of birth when he left Egypt and came to the Christians for the first time... just like Isis and Mary etc.

You must admit it might sound better then Gods which are pregnant for 9 months just like humans, and let their child be born in a stable or something while they are so-called allmighty and Jesus would be almost the most important person in religion...

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Uhm... oke... I have some duality in my theory I see... If Horus would be Jesus then he would have fight Lucifer... Moses however also got in a fight with his God (the God of Christ) and the Egyptian Gods... but then Moses would have been Horus? Uhm... and Jesus would have been Osiris... but then still Isis made Horus while she is the same as Mary, so she would have created Jesus... Then Moses wouldn't be Horus...

Would they both be present at the Gods war perhaps?

Jesus was Horus and was there already (way before 2003 years back) and Moses came later also to Egypt to fight the Gods war... but then the fight between Horus and Seth would have nothing to do with that war...while the Gods war began when Seth and Horus became in a fight...

Uhm... uhm... uhm...

If Horus was Jesus and Jesus fought against Lucifer (Seth) and therefor the Gods war began. Ow wait !!!! That Gods war was ended because some person let it end.

www.crystalinks.com...
The gods began to fight amongst another, those who supported Horus and those who supported Set. Banebdjetet leaped into the middle and demanded that the gods end this struggle peacefully or Maat would be imbalanced further. Almost forget that it ended

And Seth lived forth

but in the end Horus defeated Seth and castrated him. But Horus, merciful Horus, would not kill Seth, for to spill the blood of his uncle would make him no better than he.

And then Moses came and the God of Christ again god in fight with the Egyptian Gods (Seth and his followers). And after Lucifer (Seth) lost the Egyptian army was drowned.

------------------------------------------------

A summary of the above because I guess I am not very clear
Lucifer got in a fight and 1/3th of the Gods supported him but the fight was cancelled (Jesus / Horus) was then already made... the second time Moses came and it became a real fight and Lucifer lost. Jesus which allready existed came to the Christians and it looked like he was born (they did see him for the first time). This would mean Jesus (just like Mary and Isis) was there allready way before the year zero.

Ps. what I am saying about Lucifer being Seth also is confirmed by the jealousy of Seth (just like Lucifer).

Offtopic:
Ps. I really doubt if it was real jealousy, I just think it looked like jealousy because the people thought Osiris and the Gods were that great. Little did they know about being destroyed at a later period by the God of Christ (also Isis). Perhaps it wasn't jealousy but just knowing what was going to happen and therefore trying to prevent it... and 1/3th of the angels were prepared to die for trying to prevent it from happening...

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
so 2000 years ago a woman said im pregnant but i never had sex HONESTLY its true......must be the son of god.......lmao.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
And then Jesus neither died... but just went back to the Gods (as the Bible also confirms)... don't forget neither... the Egyptian mythology says that the fight between good and evil still have to been fought out by Horus.

In the last days, Horus and Seth will fight one last time for the world. Horus will defeat Seth forever, and Osiris will be able to return to this world.

So in the Egyptian mythology Horus (Jesus) is still alive and well... and you have to say that in the Bible Jesus went also back to heaven... he wasn't death neither... perhaps the death of Jesus is just like the birth of Jesus just synonymous to the coming and leaving of Jesus.

According to the Bible and the Egyptian mythology that would make a lot of sense...

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The 25 of december is the winter solstice (if I'm not mistaken). On the longest and shortest days of the year there were pagan festivals. The catholic church, in order to more effectively convert the poor country folk, replaced the meaning of their festival (Probally a sun god worship of some sort) with jesus. It's the same as with the Puritans and thanksgiving, where you have a group of christians celebrating a holiday which has its roots in the worship of pagan nature spirits, along with their pagan contemperaries, the Indians.

By the way, did you know that the word "pagan" has it's roots in a word meaning "country folk"?

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
December 25th is not the birth date. This was a date picked by early Church leaders to be labeled as Christ's birthdate.

-wD

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by squintingcat

so 2000 years ago a woman said im pregnant but i never had sex HONESTLY its true......must be the son of god.......lmao.

Actually, there is speculation of priests having artificially inseminated priestesses. Who's to say they didn't?

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

Actually, there is speculation of priests having artificially inseminated priestesses. Who's to say they didn't?

and which sperm bank do they keep gods sperm in then.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
i always thought the december 25th date coincides with the egyptian's 6 days before the arrival of the new year. If i'm thinking right Horus was borng during these 6 days and i've read many connections between jesus and horus.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Hehe...if you're going to believe an "immaculate conception"...why dicker with "impossibilities"???
such as a 6 month pregnancy...

Last I remember, I thought the research was pointing towards a late November birth...

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The sure and certain truth is that our present sequence of years has become hopelessly out of step with the actual year of Christ�s birth. It means we have very little idea of when he was born, and consequently the date of the real millennium becomes even harder to fathom.

I'd read an article about this once. I don't remember the exact details, but their time keeping methods were so flawed at the time, that the months aren't even at the same time of the year anymore. Knowing this, what difference does it really make? Unless we can know exactly how much time was lost each year, we'll never know the exact date, or if the exact date is even relevant to todays calendar.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Isn't my idea also possible, that the birth and death of Jesus are just synonymous to the dates which he came and left. But that he before that also lived, only in other parts of the world.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The date in late December relates to 2 ancient celebrations,the first was to venerate Mithria,a Goddess,the second was to celebrate Candlemass,an ancient Celtic thing that made thanks for a good harvest,healthy children and livestock by a week long celebration.They would start a log on fire,and party until the log was gone,about a week.This is also the time of the winter solistace.Dec.21.
Now about Jesus'birthday.The Bible clearly states that the shepards were tending their flocks in the field,so it could not have been December,it must have been near April,or May.
Of course the Christians decided that it would be a good idea to make the birthday of their savior on Dec.25,this would include several celebratory festivals at once,and cover them up by Christmas and Santa Claus.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join