It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

College Sports: Big college football games

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's week 2, and we've got several again this week. It's nice that not all the games are write-offs early in the season anymore.

#1 Ohio State @ #2 Texas - This one will go to Ohio State, they've got more weapons than Saddam Hussein.

#19 Penn State @ #4 Notre Dame - This may be the best game of the week, depending on the outcome. Look for the Lions to surprise the Irish here, If Quinn wasn't ready for Tech's D last week, what's he going to do against the best group of Linebackers in the country? Penn State's offense did look a little shaky last week, but the new additions now have a game under thier belt, and will settle in this week against a formidable foe.

Upset special of the week:

Minnesota over #22 California. Big 10, Baby!




posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!


#1 Ohio State @ #2 Texas - This one will go to Ohio State, they've got more weapons than Saddam Hussein.


Apparently i do too, but it's going to Texas, no reason just the way it is.


#19 Penn State @ #4 Notre Dame - This may be the best game of the week, depending on the outcome. Look for the Lions to surprise the Irish here, If Quinn wasn't ready for Tech's D last week, what's he going to do against the best group of Linebackers in the country? Penn State's offense did look a little shaky last week, but the new additions now have a game under thier belt, and will settle in this week against a formidable foe.


This one wouldn't suprise me if Penn State won, but I think ND got suprised last week and it won't happen again. Sorry Gibbsy but i don't see it happening.


Upset special of the week:

Minnesota over #22 California. Big 10, Baby!


I'm not gonna touch this one, because my dislike of Gopher football may cloud my judgment.

Aegis's upset of the week

South Carolina over Georgia by 6.



posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang

Aegis's upset of the week

South Carolina over Georgia by 6.


Interesting pick, and I'd go with it if Mr. Superior wasn't down there.

I'll forgive you for not going with the Lions, the Irish are a real good team. But only this once.



posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

Originally posted by aegis fang

Aegis's upset of the week

South Carolina over Georgia by 6.


Interesting pick, and I'd go with it if Mr. Superior wasn't down there.


I forgot how big of a Spurrior fan you were, i'll work on an Autograph for ya.



posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

Originally posted by aegis fang

Aegis's upset of the week

South Carolina over Georgia by 6.


Interesting pick, and I'd go with it if Mr. Superior wasn't down there.


I forgot how big of a Spurrior fan you were, i'll work on an Autograph for ya.


I'm thinking of two words right now, but don't think I should type them...

:angry-smiley-034:






:tum:



posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

I'm thinking of two words right now, but don't think I should type them...



You can type Aegis Rocks nobody will be offended.



posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

I'm thinking of two words right now, but don't think I should type them...



You can type Aegis Rocks nobody will be offended.








Probably more people would be offended by that particular comment.

:party-smiley-018:



posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
PSU/Notre Dame - we were outcoached, outplayed, and outhustled.

There were a couple questionable calls, but nowhere near enough to make that much of a difference.

Congratulations Notre Dame.

Don't expect it to be easy next year.

[Edited on 9/10/2006 by Gibbs Baby!!!]



posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
As for the Irish, after last night I have been reminded why I hate them. There were several drunk a$$holes walking around town last night yelling and screaming about the game. I tried talking to them reasonably about the game, and all they did was yell "41-17", and proclaim Notre Dame the best team ever. I'm a non-violent person, and I wanted to get into 2 fights last night. This idiots are the reason that I hate the Irish, and if I insult any of you with my Irish bashing in the future, I'll apologize now, but realize that my comments aren't directed at you individually.


[Edited on 9/10/2006 by Gibbs Baby!!!]



posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
As for the Irish, after last night I have been reminded why I hate them. There were several drunk a$$holes walking around town last night yelling and screaming about the game. I tried talking to them reasonably about the game, and all they did was yell "41-17", and proclaim Notre Dame the best team ever. I'm a non-violent person, and I wanted to get into 2 fights last night. This idiots are the reason that I hate the Irish, and if I insult any of you with my Irish bashing in the future, I'll apologize now, but realize that my comments aren't directed at you individually.


[Edited on 9/10/2006 by Gibbs Baby!!!]


While NotreDame put on a good show against the beloved PSU Lions, i wouldn't go so far as to proclaim them the best team ever. I don't think they'd hold a candle to Ohio State or even USC for that matter. Some people just get a little silly when it comes to ND. As to those guys walking around town drunk, sounds like a good idea to me.



posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
As to those guys walking around town drunk, sounds like a good idea to me.


Yeah, I was too. I got close to getitng in a fight with two of the guys, and I'm a non-violent person. Friggin jerks.



posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
It's week 2, and we've got several again this week. It's nice that not all the games are write-offs early in the season anymore.

#1 Ohio State @ #2 Texas - This one will go to Ohio State, they've got more weapons than Saddam Hussein.

#19 Penn State @ #4 Notre Dame - This may be the best game of the week, depending on the outcome. Look for the Lions to surprise the Irish here, If Quinn wasn't ready for Tech's D last week, what's he going to do against the best group of Linebackers in the country? Penn State's offense did look a little shaky last week, but the new additions now have a game under thier belt, and will settle in this week against a formidable foe.

Upset special of the week:

Minnesota over #22 California. Big 10, Baby!


Well you were correct about Texas getting owned by OSU. But, you were wrong that PSU was gonna win because they got owned. But you were correct about your upset so kudos to you for getting two out of three correct. Who are your picks for Week #3?



posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I won't make any predictions just yet, but here are the biggest games of the upcoming weekend, according to the AP rankings.

Feel free to add your won predictions!

19 Nebraska at 4 USC
15 Oklahoma at 18 Oregon
11 Michigan at 2 Notre Dame
17 Miami at 12 Louisville
6 LSU at 3 Auburn
7 Florida at 13 Tennessee



posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
(19) Nebraska 14 at (4) USC 42
(15) Oklahoma 27 at (18) Oregon 7
(11) Michigan 28 at(2) Notre Dame 35
(17) Miami 21 at (12) Louisville 20
(6) LSU 21 at (3) Auburn 28 [1 OT]
(7) Florida at (13) Tennessee I haven't made up my mind on this one yet, Florida looks good so far but they haven't exactally played any powerhouses yet, Tennessee on the other hand looked good against Cal but terrible against Air Force, this may be a game time decision.



posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
THE biggest game of this weekend will be Auburn and LSU.

Two very possible contenders and all around good teams going at it.

I'm going to have to mark up a W for Auburn.




The second biggest game of the week will be Oregon and Oklahoma.

This one will be a W for Oregon.



The reason for this is because Oklahoma hasn't looked good to me AT ALL in these past two games. And playing a pretty good Oregon team at Autzen in Eugene should be tough.

[Edited on 9/12/06 by SurfOBBC]



posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I nearly didn't have time to get on here and make my predictions. Better late than never...

19 Nebraska at 4 USC - USC will roll all over the Huskers, as they try to put the revalations of the past week behind them.

15 Oklahoma at 18 Oregon - Look for Oklahoma to eke out a victory here, in the range of 21-20.

11 Michigan at 2 Notre Dame - My heart says Michigan (Big 10!), but my brain tells me that the Irish are actually for real this year. Blowout potential.

17 Miami at 12 Louisville - Not really worthy of the "upset of the week special', but it will have to do, with the 'canes ceding 5 spots to the Cards.

6 LSU at 3 Auburn - Auburn. Probably the game of the week. This will be a fun one to watch.

7 Florida at 13 Tennessee - Coin toss here, and the quarter landed on edge. with the game at the Vols home turf, I'll give it to them.



posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Looks like aegis didnt' fare too well in his predictions last week.

And it looks like Sruf put the money up for the Oregon game. Don't let the Sooner fans know where you live, Surf!

Edit - BTW, I didn't fare too well, either...

[Edited on 9/22/2006 by Gibbs Baby!!!]



posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This week's bigger games:

#24 Penn State @ #1 Ohio State I'd love to see an upset here. But I won't. I will see a game much closer than the PSU/ND game, though.

#22 Arizona State @ #21 California Look for the Sun Devils to sneak out a win from the Golden Bears.

And that, dear readers, represents the only games between top 25 teams this weekend.



posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
JoePa leaves game in the 2nd quarter. It's the Poop heard 'round the world!

Another big game, though both teams aren't ranked, is Notre Dame at Michigan State. I apologize for missing that in my rush to post last night. I expect Michigan State to pull through with yet another win over the fighting irish this year.



posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Did you hear Paul McGuire? Coming back from the half, he says "Joe Paterno had the longest run of either team today."



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join