It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: IOWA HAWKEYES IN THE OUTBACK BOWL!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think that the Iowa Hawkeyes got ripped off this year in the Outback Bowl. Through out the game there were a number of bad calls by the refs that were very obvious even to the human eye.

One of the most obvious was in the fourth quarter when Iowa kicked an onside kick and got it back, but the ref said that #18 Chad Greenway was off sides. Then they showed the replay and he wasn't close to being off sides. The ball was off the tee and his foot was still aways behind the line.

Another bad call was when the 12th guy of the Florida defense was running off the field and the ball had been snapped already and he nearly ran into the Iowa receiver. Also as he was running of the field he literally brushed the line judge on the shoulder and no flag was thrown.

:loudhorn: These are just two of the nearly ten very obvious bad calls in this years Outback Bowl.:loudhorn:

[Edited on 1/22/06 by myles91]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I think most bowl games get bad officiating, as the officials at the games are typically from a conference not represented in the game. As a fellow Big 10 fan, I'm on your side, though I didn't get to see the game.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a lot of the bowl games this year had some very bad officiating

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Not to mention the NFL playoffs, which have been lousy.

Why is it that post-season football has horrible refereeing, both in college and the pros? Is it because the offiating teams aren't together throughout the season?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The offsides call on the onside kick was TERRIBLE. If that call's not made Iowa has great field position and a minute and a half (if not more) to score and tie the game. Not a guarantee to score a TD but with 'ol mo on their side they had a fighting chance. That, in my eyes is an official determining the outcome of a game. It was BS and really too bad. Go Clones!!!!!

iaclonz

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I would really like to know who that ref was.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
That was such a bad call I wouldn't be suprised if he is no longer an official. I think when a Big Ten or Big 12 school plays a Pac-10 or SEC team in football there seems to be a bias. And in basketball that includes the ACC. It's too bad because to go deep into the BB tourney you will undoubtedly face an opponent from on of those conferences. The message is you have to be on top of your game plus be able to make up for numerous questionable calls. That is tough no matter who you are.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I know I am late in saying this Myles because I just joined but I totally agree with you when you say that they were ripped off. It was almost ridiculous.

top topics

join