It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian vs. USA Tech

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

Originally posted by hoochymama
lol. I guess Finland wouldnt be trying to shove there influence on the whole world. Sorry about the "your country" references.

I was talking about Russia. Why are you defending that country so much.

Russians never have been like USA..
(Trying to take over the world..)

and their weapons REALLY ARE THAT MUCH BETTER..
(Especially INFANTRY WEAPONS!!! Rifles, mortars, cannons, missiles, tanks, machine guns.. etc..)

You are a dumbass if you think the U.S is trying to take over the world.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
DRAW!

I say it depends on what area of technology we're talking about:

Airpower: this is defenetly USA. the US has the fallowing advantages: Stealth, better smart weapons, better scensers

Infintry: Russia, their weapons are equal in accuracy but more reliable

land units: Draw, you would need to compare them 1 to 1, Some US some Russia

Navy: USA (probably, but not by too much)

Tim

I would say U.S navy by a long shot.......

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am new here....

But I'd like to make this statement.

I can't say which country has *better* military technology overall, I believe that Russia and the United States just are different and "better" in certain aspects of military technology. The United States has been working on making military technology "smarter" rather than just more brute force attributes.

In the 21st century it seems that it doesen't totally matter how large an army is, what truly matters is the level of skill and advanced technology that a military force has. You can have the big guns, but if you lack the skill and tactics to operate it efficently, you won't get the best results out of it; as a more trained operator may.

It is apparent to me that nobody has the true answer to the question "who has the better armed force" We simply cannot say if an F-15 could beat one of the more recent Russian MIG, we can't say if a modern MIG could defeat a modern US fighter. It depends on the level of training the pilot has and the type of tactics used.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
U.S tech cannot be accurately compared to Russian tech because 75% of what the U.S systems can do is classified.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yes, good point and fact. There are probably "war devices" as I call them, that are known today but still have many classified systems. An example would be the stealth paint on any of the current stealthy US aircraft (B-2, F-117)

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Maverick

Just for your infomation, the USA is trying to "take over the world". The difference between us taking over the world and lets say the Nazis is that we do it by taking down governments of our choosing and replacing them with Governements that we like better. This is done by promoting canidates of our choosing who have been educated in the US or even born in the US. I will give examples later on tonight. You would be suprised how many leaders of other countrys arent even born in that country but were born in the US.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Maverick

Just for your infomation, the USA is trying to "take over the world". The difference between us taking over the world and lets say the Nazis is that we do it by taking down governments of our choosing and replacing them with Governements that we like better. This is done by promoting canidates of our choosing who have been educated in the US or even born in the US. I will give examples later on tonight. You would be suprised how many leaders of other countrys arent even born in that country but were born in the US.

What a crock of #, that doesn't prove we are trying to take over the world at all.

The idea that the US is trying to take over the world is a "whacked" conspiracy theory.

[Edited on 12/3/2003 by Maverick]

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverick

Originally posted by ghost
DRAW!

I say it depends on what area of technology we're talking about:

Airpower: this is defenetly USA. the US has the fallowing advantages: Stealth, better smart weapons, better scensers

Infintry: Russia, their weapons are equal in accuracy but more reliable

land units: Draw, you would need to compare them 1 to 1, Some US some Russia

Navy: USA (probably, but not by too much)

Tim

I would say U.S navy by a long shot.......

I must completely agree that the US Navy is superior overall. I believe there are some aspects where the Russian Navy *might* be ahead, but those are few and far between

Actually, about 6 years ago, one of their classes of ships had a serious design flaw in the propuslion unit. It has since been fixed and those ships are back in service (Sovremenny class I believe). Also, their electronics are archaic. I've seen some of their scrapped electronics in a ship yard in Korea from the Novorossiyk. Honestly, I can make better circuit boards in my garage.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Face the facts:

You are a NAZI.

Your goverment is the NWO gang..

And they are trying to take over the world..

Anybody that cant see this isnt in touch with the reality..

Just look around..

See whats happening..

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Face the facts, USA owns all. Fulcrum, what makes you mad that you hate them? Please, right now, there are high-powered microwaves used by the USA national defence. No there not trying to take over there world, there trying to protect it. I mean, lets live like Iraq, yah, no military, they have no defence and they get slaved around. Its okay to be jealous, but to a point Fulcrum. Who aids Russia with money? USA, Who sends troops because they care about the slaves in Iraq? USA. Who declared war on terrorism? USA. And we send money to many countys. That money could be used to build a secret aircraft which is better then any other.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
IGNORANT ASSHOLE!!!

Russians were fighting against Al-qaida in Chechenya back in 1994..

And Russians told US that there was this now and dangerous organisation..

US LAUGHED AT THEIR FACE SAYING: YOUR LYING THERE IS NO AL-QAIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laxpla go choke yourself, you ignorant #!!

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Umm...FULCRUM..not everyone is happy in Russia. I'm 110% sure..its impossible to please everyone

Sorry about the misquote hoochymama...my bad.

Come on...if you seriously think Russia is perfect and everyone is happy there, thats a load of bull.

EDIT: Again, FULCRUM, prove to me, SOLID evidence, physical, whatnot, that I am a NAZI, and that I AM part of the NWO..that is, if the NWO exists at all. Until, they "take over" I do not buy it, bottomline. There is no way you can say we are Nazis, BTW: do you live in Russia?

-wD

[Edited on 3-12-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Now Now, dont be jealous. Its okay to be mad
. umm can you teach me some fidish? I wana see what your going through that makes you so mad. Now what was with the giant letters? Mad? Calmdown? Do you need someone to support you? Thats it, the USA isnt helping Finland, thats what you want so you can sit on your ass like us Royal Americans.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
No i dont think so..

But least they dont lie like US does..

Russians are good and fair people..

Americans, well many of them arent.. to add insult to injury most are quite ignorant.. like Laxpla here..

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thanks for your answer..hehe..this is one helluva good debate on ATS if you ask me

EDIT: oops, keep forgetting today: "Russians are a good and fair people" Yeah...some...but some aren't..no country is perfect like that..and to say most Americans are ignorant is an ignorant opinion..have you met all Americans? My statement is a general statement because the world isn't perfect, and every country and good and bad people. The Russians used to heavily commie..USSR, it fell. Proven that communism doesn't work. Russia is in fact trying to become MORE democratic, because of the U.S.'s success.

"Imitation is the best form of flattery"

-wD

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well, see Russians and FIDISH, are jealous of the USA, so have to try to Team Up on the USA? LOL, man, you dont understand what power we got.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Thanks for your answer..hehe..this is one helluva good debate on ATS if you ask me

-wD

R U #TING ME?

Laxpla here is not doing anything else than talking # that has no base.

He really should be banned.

As the rules are: Dont post things that arent true.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
Well, see Russians and FIDISH, are jealous of the USA, so have to try to Team Up on the USA? LOL, man, you dont understand what power we got.

You really are retard you know that?

Btw,

without 'FIDISH' people your airforce wouldnt be flying..

As you see all your aircraft support equipment at the moment is build and designed here..

[Edited on 3-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
lol fulcrum..I wasn't talking about her and you, rest of the thread in general lol..can you please answer my edits and questions = /

-wD

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
"Soviet parts, American parts, whats it matter? All built in China!"

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join